Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > special announcements

special announcements everything found here is considered to be important

Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #51
blackice
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderbydeath
you probably will. have to.
You're probably right, but I want to give everyone a chance to behave before I cut it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
I added the G-Logo.
Looks good. Want to create another one for us to replace the little logo in the upper left? I just used one off the main site, but it doesn't look quite right to me.
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #52
FLuRRy J

Tournaments Won: 1

do i need to write about myself.. someone do it for me, i'm lazy.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #53
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
I'm glad you guys appreciate the G-Notables. It took me a while to do. :P
Also, you guys can freely edit any article in there. If there is something you want to add, go for it. *Hints at Metal*
Is the pass still Pickle? I don't know the login...is it still on there?
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #54
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Wha? I dunno what you're talking about at all Metal. :P
I haven't checked it yet today, but it if it's like last night, you can create your own G-wiki account.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #55
bagel head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
Wha? I dunno what you're talking about at all Metal. :P
I haven't checked it yet today, but it if it's like last night, you can create your own G-wiki account.
Yeah, it's still like that. Metals thinking of the Wiki paranoia made.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #56
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Ah.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #57
The Perfect Seven
g-spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
what browser?
Internet Explorer.... it lets me see it the first time, but then if I click anything or hit Refresh I get the Preconditon Failed page. I would rather not switch browers, we have Firefox on my other computer and I don't like it too much
The Perfect Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #58
blackice
Administrator

I'll have to check when I get home, but I believe that is the error code generated when the anti-spam system is triggered.

Edit: Yep, that's exactly what it is. Your and/or your computer are attempting to access the wiki with a known web spider/harvester, and it is blocking your ip automatically. I would suggest removing that if you want to use the wiki.

Last edited by blackice; 04-24-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #59
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice
You're probably right, but I want to give everyone a chance to behave before I cut it off.

Looks good. Want to create another one for us to replace the little logo in the upper left? I just used one off the main site, but it doesn't look quite right to me.
alright, ill see what I can do.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #60
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel head
Yeah, it's still like that. Metals thinking of the Wiki paranoia made.
Yeah, I was.

But I was already logged in apparently and added the weirdness to mine. yay. rejoice.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #61
The Perfect Seven
g-spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice
I'll have to check when I get home, but I believe that is the error code generated when the anti-spam system is triggered.

Edit: Yep, that's exactly what it is. Your and/or your computer are attempting to access the wiki with a known web spider/harvester, and it is blocking your ip automatically. I would suggest removing that if you want to use the wiki.
Uhhh I have no idea why I would have that kind of thing on my computer, where do I find it and how do I get it off?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #62
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

spybot, adaware. those are some freebees. i use ZoneAlarm. but thats just me.

BTW: Ive been Professionalizing the Gprime-Wiki. Please dont get pissed if i move some of your stuff around to make it look better.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #63
Ilikepandas

Yoohoo people! GPRIME DOES NOT NEED A WIKI
For gods sake, we're listing the members on the forum as articles! Its a site... with people on it. Run by a guy called John. Thats basically all the information we're getting. I noticed the liazradman link got dacheeted so now there'll be nothing of interest to read about.

EDIT: And I have to say the thing about signatures is very, very sad. Being able to make signatures with words like "xbox ninja" and pistol on it with photoshop is not something worth making a wiki about, let alone even brag about.

EDIT 2: As a result, I think we should all be able to do what we like with it- until actually interesting stuff begins to emerge on the wiki that someone other than a member of the site looking for the wiki would search for

Last edited by Ilikepandas; 04-25-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #64
blackice
Administrator

You're welcome to do whatever you want there, within reason. Attacks/insults on other members, or anything else judged inappropriate by the mods will be deleted, and repeat offenders will be banned.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #65
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
EDIT: And I have to say the thing about signatures is very, very sad. Being able to make signatures with words like "xbox ninja" and pistol on it with photoshop is not something worth making a wiki about, let alone even brag about.
Then stop bitching and make a new flash that's worth bragging about.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #66
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
Yoohoo people! GPRIME DOES NOT NEED A WIKI
For gods sake, we're listing the members on the forum as articles! Its a site... with people on it. Run by a guy called John. Thats basically all the information we're getting. I noticed the liazradman link got dacheeted so now there'll be nothing of interest to read about.

EDIT 2: As a result, I think we should all be able to do what we like with it- until actually interesting stuff begins to emerge on the wiki that someone other than a member of the site looking for the wiki would search for
I plan on doing much more than Gprime related articles when I have time, so stop whining, and start looking forward to it. :P
Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #67
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

So there. ha.

anywhooo....
Old 04-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #68
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I made my own little page about my G-History
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #69
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

who keeps changing my part in g-animaters, id like it to be left alone
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #70
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetex
who keeps changing my part in g-animaters, id like it to be left alone
but you haven't even made any notable animations, at all. So you can't realy be considered a g-animator.
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #71
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Cool...this Gprime Wiki seems nice.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #72
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet poop
but you haven't even made any notable animations, at all. So you can't realy be considered a g-animator.
well someone else put me in it dick, and i put "isnt very good at flash" on purpose
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #73
The Perfect Seven
g-spot

well, I ran Adaware a few times and its still not working for me... I doubt theres anything written about me because I haven't been here much, but if there is I would want to see it
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #74
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Seven
well, I ran Adaware a few times and its still not working for me... I doubt theres anything written about me because I haven't been here much, but if there is I would want to see it
no there isn't but someone can just put in a blurb about you what do you want it to say
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #75
blackice
Administrator

"Microsoft URL Control - 6.00.8862" is the useragent string that is triggering it. A google search turns up:
Quote:
Microsoft URL Control is not connected in any way to Microsoft or its search engine spiders, it is actually a "control" that allows programs running on Windows to access the web.

Microsoft URL Control is used by many different types of programs, some are nice and some are not. In many cases, it's an email address sniffing bot, so you would want to probably ban the IP address it's coming from, not necessarily the whole thing. I don't necessarily think banning it in the robots.txt file would work.
It appears to be a legitimate VB control that is heavily abused. I've seen many references to email harvesters and formmail searches.