Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > comments and error reporting

comments and error reporting find a dead link? don't like the way things are layed out? or just want to make a suggestion? this is the place for all of the above

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
Ilikepandas

Tournaments Won: 1

Exclamation Where be the updates?

There's no updates, I'm submitting no more flashes. I used to visit gprime because it updated almost daily, now it just doesn't any more and has become less frequent so gradually I hadn't noticed.
Puzzleland 2/3, Liazradman the terrorism adventures and Ryan in gregland will probably have to be posted on other sites like Albinoblacksheep or dare I say... Newgrounds :s

Old  
Google
Default Ads by Google

Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
bagel head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
There's no updates, I'm submitting no more flashes. I used to visit gprime because it updated almost daily, now it just doesn't any more and has become less frequent so gradually I hadn't noticed.
Puzzleland 2/3, Liazradman the terrorism adventures and Ryan in gregland will probably have to be posted on other sites like Albinoblacksheep or dare I say... Newgrounds :s
NO!!! YOU CAN'T!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I think someone besides John should be able to update the main page. John, choose a suitable replacement! *Not me-can't be bothered with pickin' and choosin' like that.*
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

Quote:
Don't.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
blackice
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
I think someone besides John should be able to update the main page. John, choose a suitable replacement! *Not me-can't be bothered with pickin' and choosin' like that.*
I'd volunteer to do it but I dont know how
Old 04-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice
I'd volunteer to do it but I dont know how
sure you could! I'm sure its not that hard, doesnt it integrate right with the Boards?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
blackice
Administrator

It does, but john has a system made up that he does the updates from, and I dont know where its at or how it operates.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #8
Ilikepandas

I think John's given up on Gprime. He said something about that in his 'about' page...
EDIT: WHOOPS here we go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the about page
This site started off originally as my everyday ramblings, which I soon halted after people actually started visiting. For a short period of time, I started flash animations. Out of the 10 or 12 I've made, only two remain on the site due to fact that I am horribly embarrased by the others. ("You're.. too big to fit in here.. too big to fit in here.." -- oh my, what was I thinking?) So eventually I began a collection of my favourite works around the internet. Soon after that, people even started to submit stuff of their own (apparently people with more time on their hands than me). The site originally started hosting on my incredibly unreliable cable connection, and soon moved to a real hosting site. After I maxed out my bandwidth there, I moved to a higher hosting plan. And then another. Recently it's become so popular (for reasons unknown), that it now expands across several dedicated servers; easily consuming terabytes of transfers each month. I highly doubt it will retain it's popularity, but it's kind of fun while it lasts.
such pessimissim- of course it wont retain its popularity if you never add anything new to it. The forums are good and all, but why should every person who visits the site have to log into the forum to view new content? Many of my friends make accounts and never post so they can view all the new stuff- as the front page and actual site remain untouched for lengthy periods of time whilst the forum does not.

All the regular people are compaining about the constant wave of new people who post once, leave or don't post at all. They woudn't need to create accounts if they could veiw the content on the main site

Last edited by Ilikepandas; 04-21-2006 at 03:48 AM.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
bagel head

Quote:
I think John's given up on Gprime. He said something about that in his 'about' page...
EDIT: WHOOPS here we go:

such pessimissim- of course it wont retain its popularity if you never add anything new to it. The forums are good and all, but why should every person who visits the site have to log into the forum to view new content? Many of my friends make accounts and never post so they can view all the new stuff- as the front page and actual site remain untouched for lengthy periods of time whilst the forum does not.

All the regular people are compaining about the constant wave of new people who post once, leave or don't post at all. They woudn't need to create accounts if they could veiw the content on the main site
You have to log in to view content on the main page?

Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
Snow
19th President

He's saying how the only new stuff is posted on the forums by the members.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #11
blackice
Administrator

Anyone can view stuff on the front page. In order to view attachments on the board, you have to be registered and logged in. This helps with the problem of people linking directly to the attachments and leeching gprime's bandwidth.
(it was either that, or show the goatse image if your referer wasn't gprime.net. John killed that idea, something about IE not sending the referer correctly so anyone on IE would get the image. No big loss if you ask me)
Old 04-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #12
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

*Clicks link*
OH GOD! MY EYES!
*This was in reference to the goatse idea. Thank you for your time.*
Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
blackice
Administrator

Please dont go looking up goatse if you value your eyesite and/or health.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
treefalse
Super-Tree

Not to be selfish or anything, but I sent john a PM talking about updates. I can post a new thread that will make it to the front page, but I cannot upload it to the site.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
Ilikepandas

I shouldn't demand things from a site. Ill get back to finding some good hosting for my website

Old 04-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #16
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice
Please dont go looking up goatse if you value your eyesite and/or health.
Indeed.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:45 AM   #17
Ilikepandas

so.... Its all Johns fault?

Old 04-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #18
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

It's all the collage finals' fault.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:44 PM   #19
Snow
19th President

That sure is a long college final.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #20
uber_jedi

The test that my dad gives to people to have them be certified for a lesser job is seven hours long with a break every three hours. The pass rate is 30%.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #21
Ilikepandas

Then it is not Johns fault at all

Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #22
caleb

I also must say I miss the updates... a lot,

Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #23
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet poop
It's all the collage finals' fault.
John, you have to make a collage! I can help with that.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #24
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boong
John, you have to make a collage! I can help with that.
what? 0_o
What do you think we're talking about here?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #25
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet poop
what? 0_o
What do you think we're talking about here?
a collage is a bunch of pictures formed togethor
a college is a school
Closed Thread