Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Movies

Movies Submit your movies here (avi/mpg/wmv/whatever)

Old 10-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
tminus

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Lost Reels

This is for fans of the tv show Lost. I had been meaning to do this since ep.203 aired but was unable to until now. Unfortunately it is not quite what I was going for due to problems with Premiere's effects so I had to resort to Win Movie Maker, but it is still pretty cool. Enjoy!

Orientation - Station 3 - The Swan (9.43 MB)

Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 AM   #2
parkour

i dont understand what it is but i have a short atension span so.......wow a lady bug!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
hudsonfilm

Nicely played. Lost is my favorite TV show at the moment -- I'm pretty addicted. Yeah, I usually find premiere doesn't have a lot of video effects (such as the old-timey movie feel) but that's because it's a program based on finely tuned tuned editing and adjusting picture/audio quality.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
tminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkour
i dont understand what it is but i have a short atension span so.......wow a lady bug!!!
Its from episode 203 of the ABC show Lost, re-edited to omit the cut scenes and make it one fluid piece, like the real version would be.

Quote:
hudsonfilm Nicely played. Lost is my favorite TV show at the moment -- I'm pretty addicted. Yeah, I usually find premiere doesn't have a lot of video effects (such as the old-timey movie feel) but that's because it's a program based on finely tuned tuned editing and adjusting picture/audio quality.
Thanks, the next two weeks will be hard... re-runs! But yeah, Lost kicks ass.

Quote:
Yeah, I usually find premiere doesn't have a lot of video effects (such as the old-timey movie feel) but that's because it's a program based on finely tuned tuned editing and adjusting picture/audio quality.
That wasn't the problem actually, I was just trying not throw out tech babble. I have used premiere for almost 7 years now so I can get whatever I want out of it, but unfortunately the only machine I have available right now is my roomates and he is running a crack version of Premiere 6.5 on an infected machine with a crack copy of XP so that is the main problem. I can select the effects but its not applying them either due to problems with the Prem crack or insufficient memory/cpu due to hidden processes from virus/mallware/spyware. Of course Win Movie Maker shuts down unexpectedly for the same reasons so what I actually had to do was open and save the clip in WMM, because Prem was unable to open it because of the codec, then open it in Prem for editing, audio synch and watermark/titles , save, then open it in WMM, apply effects and save. What a *****! I am getting a used machine in a few weeks that won't be much better but if I had a hot, top-notch system it would never touch the internet or LAN or be compromised by crack software. Thats the hard part there, crack software, if your not professional then the best programs are expensive. Enough rambling, Lost rules. The end. =)
Old 10-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
SteelRocket

for some reason im experiencing some problems with quick time it comes up with the cracked quick time file picture every time
Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
tminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRocket
for some reason im experiencing some problems with quick time it comes up with the cracked quick time file picture every time
You mean to play my vid? It's a Windows Media Video file so you need Win Media Player to watch it. I don't think Quicktime is capable of playing .wmv files, not on this machine at least.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #7
parkour

ok im from britain and lost has only really started fill me in is it some kind of game or somthing
Old 10-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #8
tminus

Its a t.v. show, but really more like a movie, in the vain of x-files meets survivor. Basically, a plane crashes on an island on its way from Sydney to Los Angeles and the survivors learn that the island has many unexplainable dangers, too numerous to mention, while trying to stay alive. I'm trying not to spoil it but I am sure some idiot will post spoilers so oh well. It's produced by Alias man J.J. Abrams and has a great cast including Dominick Monaghan from Lord of the Rings, Matthew Fox from Party of Five, Terry O'Quinn form Alias and plenty of hot chicks for which to procreate with.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:41 AM   #9
Bosman310

god i hate lost