Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion

General game discussion general video game discussion

Old 08-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
foulplay

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Answer to what console is best! (inside)

NONE! No console is truly the best, they all have their strong points and weak points, and different target audiences. Playstation is great if you prefer variety and a wide selection of fantastic games, Xbox for competitive high-end gaming, and Gamecube for young (15-) gamers.

Now lets stop these damn "xxx vs xxx" threads. Every system developer makes their system for specific needs and audiences.
Old  
Google
Default Ads by Google

Old 08-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
Snow
19th President

word
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulplay
NONE! No console is truly the best, they all have their strong points and weak points, and different target audiences. Playstation is great if you prefer variety and a wide selection of fantastic games, Xbox for competitive high-end gaming, and Gamecube for young (15-) gamers.

Now lets stop these damn "xxx vs xxx" threads. Every system developer makes their system for specific needs and audiences.
I don't consider the 12 year olds playing Halo2 online "competitive high-end gaming". I'd think that PC game is the competitive high-end gaming compared to Xbox. Don't tell me you're forgotten about Geforce lan. (Joke)
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27
I don't consider the 12 year olds playing Halo2 online "competitive high-end gaming". I'd think that PC game is the competitive high-end gaming compared to Xbox. Don't tell me you're forgotten about Geforce lan. (Joke)
In terms of the other consoles, Xbox is the most visually pleasing and also has the most support for competition, though Xbox Live, kai, or whatever you prefer. More online games helps destroy monotony and increase replay value.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Snow
19th President

I think this thread will somehow turn out to be another "xxx vs. xxx" thread.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

NO IT WON'T BUT GAMECUBE IS BETTER THAN XBOX! Just joking.
I see what you're saying Foul Play but I still do not consider it "High-end". It's in the same price range as the PS2.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:

Well...that is true because each gamesystem has it's pros and cons...so really there isn't a "perfect" gaming system out there that has no flaws whatsoever....so I agree with him.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
foulplay

Thats just to stay competitive in pricing, 800mhz is far superior to 233mhz in power. Xbox has the most powerful equipment in the console market by a long shot.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Yet the problem is that it's quite expensive once it comes out...so not a lot of people will go out and buy the stuff because they're probrably saving their money for something more useful than a gaming system.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #10
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi
Yet the problem is that it's quite expensive once it comes out...so not a lot of people will go out and buy the stuff because they're probrably saving their money for something more useful than a gaming system.
You get what you pay for though.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #11
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Note that I said people are saving up money for something that is more useful than a gaming system.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #12
foulplay

Quote:
Note that I said people are saving up money for something that is more useful than a gaming system.
If they are then they aren't part of this arguement, if something more important than a gaming console appears then it doesn't matter what system you're aiming for it can be bought later, and chances are for cheaper.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #13
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Well...you could wait for the gaming system to get cheaper...but then by that time there will be even newer ones coming out.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #14
Charles rules you all!
My kitty

why dont we all just get a pc its mostly better than the consels...MMORPG's,chat rooms,FPS,and a large libary of games to play..
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
bagel head

y don't you stop talking...

Oh and foulplay... your already having a xxx vs. xxx fight or debate or watever
Old 08-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #16
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Well...you could wait for the gaming system to get cheaper...but then by that time there will be even newer ones coming out.
There's always a new console coming out whether you like it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles rules you all!
why dont we all just get a pc its mostly better than the consels...MMORPG's,chat rooms,FPS,and a large libary of games to play..
I already have a PC. I play games on it such as: Doom3, Half-Life2, Far Cry, Battlefield2, and UT2004.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel head
y don't you stop talking...

Oh and foulplay... your already having a xxx vs. xxx fight or debate or watever

Why should anyone stop talking, this is a message board, where people are supposed to voice their thoughts? How am I having a xxx vs. xxx debate already? Find one set of posts of mine completely from a thread where I say straight out that one system is better than another. I dare you. If I do, I back it up with reasons, which is more than you have done so far.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #18
Firedove
One of Those Deaf-Mutes

Ogm lIeK teh Gamebuce roxxorz!!111
Firedove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #19
Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27
yea u will be playing ith 12 year olds that are imature if ur a low level on games such as halo 2 but i got my ranks up to atleast near 20 on everything and i havent played with imature little kids for a while. oh and i disagree with ur thing about the game cube being for little kids. weel that is i kinda disagree while there are many games for little kids on the system, it is just like a mac alot of people dont have it but those that do love it. i own a cube and the only kiddy games i have are mario kart and cel damege. though u have to admit mario kart is a great game even though it is kiddy.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #20
isharted
g-minion

i agree with puppet, you have a point with the 'each console has it's own high points' argument; however, you gave each console definite stereotype. Each console has games for each kind of gamer, those stereotypes only account for half of the people that own them. i'd say more than half of gamecube owners are above 16 years old
isharted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #21
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by isharted
i agree with puppet, you have a point with the 'each console has it's own high points' argument; however, you gave each console definite stereotype. Each console has games for each kind of gamer, those stereotypes only account for half of the people that own them. i'd say more than half of gamecube owners are above 16 years old
Yeah, I'm 18 and I own one, but I really feel that Nintendo has recently been aiming for a younger market (see pokemon). I used to love Nintendo, but I personally feel let down by the last two consoles. To be perfectly honest with you I play NES and SNES more than I play XBox and PS2.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #22
Firedove
One of Those Deaf-Mutes

I enjoy the Gamecube. I am not a multiplayer kind of guy, antisocial if you will, so the Gamecube is great for me. The games are fun and enjoyable. Who cares if they're aimed at a younger audience. Gameplay heavily outweighs blood and gore.
Oh...and Resident Evil 4.
Firedove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #23
Led_Zeppelin
America, Canada's pants.

Actually ps2 is best. No argument needed.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #24
bagel head

Quote:
Why should anyone stop talking, this is a message board, where people are supposed to voice their thoughts? How am I having a xxx vs. xxx debate already? Find one set of posts of mine completely from a thread where I say straight out that one system is better than another. I dare you. If I do, I back it up with reasons, which is more than you have done so far.
Ok you dared me.

Quote:
In terms of the other consoles, Xbox is the most visually pleasing and also has the most support for competition, though Xbox Live, kai, or whatever you prefer. More online games helps destroy monotony and increase replay value.
there ya go.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #25
Led_Zeppelin
America, Canada's pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel head
Ok you dared me.

there ya go.
How many people go online to play video games? (On systems such as xbox, gamecube, ps2)

Playing online is for kids who can't find friends to play the game with.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote