Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Other

Other Submissions that don't quite fit in the other categories

Old 07-18-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
bald muffin

Tournaments Won: 1

Default What does Bible.com say about Pokemon?

http://www.bible.com/answers/apokemon.html
An hilarious essay written by Bible.com...Well, it's not a video or a game, so I'm not sure if I can submit this.

Just a short paragraph from the essay...:
"The trading aspect of Pokemon is unhealthy for children too. This aspect has become addictive in many children. It is also creating bad feelings among friends. Some of the older children who are more knowledgeable play off the younger and less knowledgeable ones. When a child doesn't get the card they want, they feel bad; when they do get the card they want, they feel superior. This trading game is not fostering good Christian traits in children but rather greed, combativeness, extreme competitiveness and obsessiveness. Some children have been so completely obsessed with the game that's all they want to talk about and do. Family relationships have deteriorated and children no longer talk about themselves or others but rather about when they can make another trade. Some schools in the nation have even banned Pokemon from their schools when trading resulted in kids trading lunches, stealing back packs, and threatening bodily harm for deals gone bad"

edit: O yeah, I'm not trying to offend any Christians. I think this kind of hardcore religion stuff would even amuse some Christians themselves.

Last edited by bald muffin; 07-18-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
gunnanator

Even as the "little foxes" can spoil the entire grape vine L M F A O HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that is hilarious
Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
Ilikepandas

Oh god... some christians are pathetic. (I said SOME- meaning whoever wrote this silly article not you people reading this)

Quote:
1.) First of all, its name describes what this game is about. Pokemon is short for "Pocket Monsters". When I was growing up, we were taught monsters were evil, not something to play with. When I was a little girl, the "boogie man" or monsters caused us fear and we did not want to be around them. This game makes some of its monsters out as friendly; thus causing children to embrace certain evil spirits as friends instead of resisting them. This is not the only game that does this as there are other games and books that trivialize or glamorize the occult as well. One of the most evil book series that children are reading at this hour are the Harry Potter books. These books are just as dangerous as the Pokemon games. The Harry Potter books have become a best selling series that chronicle the tales of an orphaned boy at a school for wizards. These books deal with the occult in a fantasy way. In the books you will find animal sacrifices, threats of human sacrifices, witchcraft, wizardry and divination as well as other evil things.
then it goes on that because pokemon's japanese it has eastern religion stuff in it which is "not compatable with the christian religion" < what the hell does that mean? You can't pretend other religions are not there
Old 07-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #4
Kakt

Pokemon = Pure evil.

'nuff said. ;) XD
Old 07-18-2005, 08:17 AM   #5
Puppet

y do crazy christians like this always wanna ruin the fun
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I've read all kinds of things about Pokemon being against Christianity, about Pokemon almost being it's own religion, "promising power to those who can Catch 'em all". As a Christian myself, I can easily say that this is a bunch of bologna. The people who write this stuff are probably hypocritical fundamentalists or somethin.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #7
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
I've read all kinds of things about Pokemon being against Christianity, about Pokemon almost being it's own religion, "promising power to those who can Catch 'em all". As a Christian myself, I can easily say that this is a bunch of bologna. The people who write this stuff are probably hypocritical fundamentalists or somethin.
Its just a franchise of cute animal like things.
EVERYTHINGS evil. Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, Pokemon....

This dragon>
Old 07-19-2005, 07:02 AM   #8
Charles rules you all!
My kitty

its just another way adults ruin the fun of every aspect of the game of POKEMON! YEAH!!... but who cares even with all that said they are still around today....so i guess the realized they were stupid or they just gave up on us.
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #9
bald muffin

Ruin the fun?? I think the article adds to the fun. It's making me WANT to play Pokemon.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #10
Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald muffin
Ruin the fun?? I think the article adds to the fun. It's making me WANT to play Pokemon.
lolz true but if they got their way it would ruin the fun
Old 07-24-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
bald muffin

Heh, then there would be an underground market of Pokemon goods.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #12
Mango

I knew that little yellow mouse praised satan
Old 07-25-2005, 02:23 AM   #13
DeathTrap

I saw somewhere else that Poke'mon cards cause Tourette's and resemble Tarot cards.

Nidoqueen: The Empress
Muk: The Fool
Pikachu: The Devil (this I agree with)
Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #14
Naota

summary of the cristan religion in 1 sentance.

If its fun or feels good. STOP.

why are cristians such hippacrits?
Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #15
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naota

Why can you not spell hypocrite correctly?
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #16
treefalse
Super-Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
y do crazy christians like this always wanna ruin the fun
I am a christian and I was obsessed years ago with pokemon. (YEARS AGO I SAY!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naota

I am a christian and I have no problems with harry potter because it supossivly "Uses magic. And all magic comes from saten." I have not read a single book, yet I have watched the first movie on ABC when my perents were asleep. So many people take statistics into solid fact, I get kinda annoyed.

And what do you mean hypacrites? You made up that "one sentince" anyhow.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #17
DeathTrap

Although I do believe Harry Potter is the devil, I have no problems with the books. As long as he gets what's coming to him.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #18
nickychris3

There's a curse on those Harry Potter books.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:47 PM   #19
DeathTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickychris3
There's a curse on those Harry Potter books.
Indeed. Harry Potter and the Curse of the Anticlimax
Old 07-29-2005, 12:22 AM   #20
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefalse
I am a christian and I have no problems with harry potter because it supossivly "Uses magic. And all magic comes from saten." I have not read a single book, yet I have watched the first movie on ABC when my perents were asleep. So many people take statistics into solid fact, I get kinda annoyed.

And what do you mean hypacrites? You made up that "one sentince" anyhow.
Heehee. You're a bad person, watching harry potter. Lightning will strike you and the millions of of other innicent children who now enjoy reading. GOD WILL PUNISH THEE!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #21
treefalse
Super-Tree

And my sister!
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:48 AM   #22
Glaiel Gamer

OMG people that article is right pokemon is the source of the devil!
Various other things that are the source of the devil:
Video Games
Kid's Shows
South Park
Books other than the bible
Non-christians
Hippies
Being Happy
Hot tamalies
Cheese
Trumpets
Candels
Cigaretts
The Wave
Anything promoting fun
Anything fun
Anything violent
Airplanes
Lightbulbs
Not suffering
Jesus
Food that is green
Food that comes from an animal
Food made with water
Soccer

Did i skip something? Yes I did. There's more I left out.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #23
johnnyboldt

It'd be a bad idea to stereotype all christians and assume we all believe poke'mon is bad. Just cause bible.com says it, doesn't mean we all believe it. More importantly, the bible itself doesn't say "thou shalt not play pokemon" so yeah, i wouldn't consider it a sin. Maybe a dumb game to play, but not a sin(i didn't get into the whole anim'e card game fads myself). Careful about stereotypes. Not all muslims want to blow themselves up to kill jews either.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #24
flamingbs

Yeah, I hate it when people call Christians hypocrites too. We believe certain things are right, and certain things are wrong, but we aren't perfect.

Wouldn't you agree that lying isn't the right thing to do?....But haven't you ever lied before? Hypocrite.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:08 PM   #25
Ilikepandas

Yeah cmon, I mean its just these weird christian hypocrites that distract us from the majority of christian people who are kind, accepting of one another and all round good people. Theres always those people who go too far with their religion... (Islamic terrorists anyone?)