Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

Old 02-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
happylittleClayFox
The Pied Piper of toads

Tournaments Won: 3

Default Bullying

I'm interested in your opinions on cyber-bullying and especially the distinction between it and trolling.
happylittleClayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Tournaments Won: 2

It depends on the nature of the troll. Por ejemplo, derive great enjoyment from people answering dryly and sarcastically, because lots of people don't catch it, and so THEY maybe perceive it as bullying, but I'm sitting back here enjoying those witty motherfuckers.
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Free speech if it's not occurring on school property.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
happylittleClayFox
The Pied Piper of toads

Would you mind elaborating?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
rtruskey
g-user

Tournaments Won: 1

Trolls are just people who purposefully annoy others to get a crowd and attention. Cyber bullying, well I'm sure we all know what that is. It sickens me how many people are victims of cyber bullying. So bad that many teens have gotten depressed and killed themselves. This needs to be abolished. Maybe they will create a new law where bullying is obsolete and anyone who does it gets fined or something? Anything to stop bullying in general is fine by me. I've been there.
rtruskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruskey View Post
Trolls are just people who purposefully annoy others to get a crowd and attention. Cyber bullying, well I'm sure we all know what that is. It sickens me how many people are victims of cyber bullying. So bad that many teens have gotten depressed and killed themselves. This needs to be abolished. Maybe they will create a new law where bullying is obsolete and anyone who does it gets fined or something? Anything to stop bullying in general is fine by me. I've been there.
Why don't we just create laws that make it illegal to say anything mean or offensive?
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
happylittleClayFox
The Pied Piper of toads

I don't think it's nice but bullying is an evolutionary relic that determined who fucking survived long enough to make babies in crowded societies. I don't like it. It's unnecessary. But I survived it. I'd rather see kids learn how to be emotionally tougher. My granny called it having a thick skin and I eventually built one up. I wasn't and never have considered myself callous.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

Trolling becomes cyber bullying when the person targeted doesn't understand the troll. I don't think any legal action or school initiative should be taken on it because the line is so easy to cross... I troll facebook friends all of the time, and never mean any harm by it.

That said, some cyber bullying is intended to be bullying from the start. These people should be sued for harassment, but again, school suspensions or criminal charges should not be included.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
Scotty
Godly.

Cyber bullying isn't even legit. *Block* and the troll's are gone.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

But Scotty, that would require an IQ above 60!
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
Scotty
Godly.

Oh wow Viper, I remember when you used to have an IQ of sub-60 then all of a sudden. One day...You started to make sense. That's when I knew it was the world that was crazy and not just me :D
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
millsshaun
g-user

is this bullying? its what i did to my mum on mothers day lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAIAqTHRqE
millsshaun is offline   Reply With Quote