Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #51
rtruskey
g-user

Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
^ By the time everyone sees this, we'll have ages another 2 years.
Hopefully not. I mainly posted that for Heyyou, and Led.
rtruskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #52
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruskey View Post
Scotty and I are on Skype.

What do you say that we make a giant group chat filled with past members of this gem of a site, for nostalgia reasons?
Add me on there.

Xenomorph.Fury
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #53
rtruskey
g-user

I bump this, in hopes that more people post.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #54
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

I had a moderately successful rap career before retiring and returning to my true passion, taxidermy.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #55
rtruskey
g-user

What's your favorite taxidermized one?
Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #56
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruskey View Post
What's your favorite taxidermized one?
its taxidermied, and my favorite what? animal?

probably my dog that died in 2011, i now keep him in my car in the passenger seat so i can take the car pool lane
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:46 PM   #57
isharted
g-minion

Default oh hai

Not sure what brought me here, but this seems like a fitting thread to post in. I appreciate being remembered by OP :). My last login was just over 6 years ago ... yikes!

What brought me to gprime was the blindfolded pianist when I was in high school. After viewing the other videos and playing the games, I stopped by the chat. That is where I found my home. I was very active in the IRC channel for several years. I still regularly lurk around there with a few die-hards.

It was fun being a part of this community when the site made such a rise in popularity. It's also great that John has continued to pay the bills to keep this small piece of internet history from fading away.

After high school, I had an amazing and challenging 4.5 years of college. I graduated with two degrees during the recession, so I had trouble finding a job for a while. Eventually I landed a great entry-level job in Information Security. I worked my butt off studying and certifying to get better at my career. Over the next 4 years, I got promoted and moved on to an engineering position in InfoSec, which is exactly what wanted to do after college. Last year, I got married. This year, we are expecting a son. I certainly feel very fortunate.

As for the future of this site, we are just in a holding pattern right now. As soon as John or one of the other members finally gets around to winning the lottery, the gprime house will be constructed with space for all. Then focus can return to delivering superior internet content. See you there!
isharted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:02 AM   #58
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I was referring to you saying "there are better internet communities than gprime which is why i rarely post here." while everyone else is talking about how gprime changed their lives and helped them find Jesus.
It's okay Snow, I got the sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post

I was and forever will be metal candycane, the member of questionable gender
Now I just feel dumb because this is the first I'm hearing of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post
This summer I'm debating taking a month and just basically gprime roadtripping
I realize this post is 3 years old but if any of y'all find yourselves in WA send me a pm and if by random dumb luck I actually log in and see it we can hang out.

Hah, Metal I just looked at my pm's, I forgot about those random discussions we had about Harry and the Potters. And work, and life, and shoes, and Buffy :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
after learning about the song "O Fortuna" in my chorus class
Aaah I love Carmina Burana! I played trumpet for 9 years and was a pretty big classical music nerd. Also Nicky, can you post your Deviant Art if you still have one? I still have that picture you drew for me of Obama riding a tauntaun :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boong View Post
Add me on Facebook if you'd like: Facebook.com/ethansw
I always pictured you as the guy in your profile pic. Alas, you look nothing alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Seven View Post
A couple weeks ago I shaved my head to symbolize all the changes I have gone through and hoping to start fresh and be true to who I am.
I've gone through some changes myself recently and I'm saving up to get a phoenix tattoo on my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
Funny how it all started out actively and now we have this site that is somehow...still here despite lack of activity. I'm just wondering if one day we go into this link and nothing is left.
This. I am glad it's still here though, so we can all pop in like this. Big props to the dns/server owner for keeping it up despite the lack of activity. It's a little depressing thinking about the fact that if it disappears I will probably never speak with any of you again. Should we start a G-Prime group on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
^ By the time everyone sees this, we'll have aged another 2 years.
Wow, you called it. Only 1 year and 11 months, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
I had a moderately successful rap career before retiring and returning to my true passion, taxidermy.
Thank you. You epitomized in one sentence why I miss gprime.

As for me, I stumbled across gprime through google. I'm not sure what I was searching but I saw a thread about movies, and as a budding film buff decided I had to post, since as a cool coincidence I was also a big fan of Undergrads and recognized the name of the forum. To my surprise not only did the forum have nothing to do with Undergrads, most of the people here hadn't even seen it. Luckily, though, what I did find was some cool, interesting, hilarious people who liked to chat about random crap and gave me something to look forward to when I popped online.

I haven't done much of note since I was last active other than a bit of an occupation change. I'm working as a cook at a local restaurant while I work on a graphic novel script and a computer game. Hey, any of you on steam? maybe I'll make a thread for that. Soo, how do I end this.... Good night, and good luck?

p.s. The more things change, the more things stay the same. Like the ridiculously short auto-log-out time on the gprime forums.

Last edited by Nitz; 03-28-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:17 AM   #59
rtruskey
g-user

Has John ever thought about adding a donate button to the site?
Old 07-19-2015, 02:02 AM   #60
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

I had the urge to log in. First shocker: fucking 2600 posts. How did I spend so much time here? Second shocker: fucking joined in 2007.

It's cool to think how much I changed since then, which makes the prospect of browsing through my old posts that much more terrifying. I doubt anyone really remembers me but I sure have a few memories with this place and looking at these usernames is incredibly nostalgic.

Guess I'll see you guys in a few years when my subconscious stumbles across janitor matt again in my sleep. Take care.
Krusty_The_Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #61
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Same here I can't believe how many posts I have, I don't even remember ever being that active.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #62
rtruskey
g-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_The_Klown View Post
I had the urge to log in. First shocker: fucking 2600 posts. How did I spend so much time here? Second shocker: fucking joined in 2007.

It's cool to think how much I changed since then, which makes the prospect of browsing through my old posts that much more terrifying. I doubt anyone really remembers me but I sure have a few memories with this place and looking at these usernames is incredibly nostalgic.

Guess I'll see you guys in a few years when my subconscious stumbles across janitor matt again in my sleep. Take care.
I remember that guy. He made a thread looking for friends. I wonder what happened to that guy. Did he go to the big janitorial closet in the sky?
Old 11-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #63
Frank
G-dictator

Sooooo... I guess its safe to say the site died
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #64
rtruskey
g-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Sooooo... I guess its safe to say the site died
Oh, it's been dead for so long. Once everyone stopped being fifteen, or went on to college, it began deteriorating.

There's a facebook group for G-Prime members, though that's also dead.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #65
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

what is the gprime facebook group name?
Boong is offline   Reply With Quote