Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

Old 05-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Default Gameboy Micro :)

This is an article i found on nintendo.com and the Gameboy Micro will be released Autumn this year i have some pictures at the bottom

Revealed for the first time at Nintendo's pre-E3 press conference, the Game Boy Micro is the smallest and sleekest Game Boy product Nintendo has ever created. If you thought the Game Boy Advance SP was compact and portable, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Game Boy Micro is thinner than a cell phone and small enough to fit in the tightest pocket your wardrobe has to offer. Recently revealed facts include:

Game Boy Micro measures a mere four inches wide, two inches tall and 0.7 inches deep, allowing it to sit comfortably alongside today’s hippest technological gadgets.
It weighs an astonishing 2.8 ounces, yet Game Boy Micro has the same processing power and plays the same games as Game Boy Advance SP models.
A removable face plate gives you the option to buy replacements to customize the look of your system with new colors and designs.
Game Boy Micro's two-inch backlit screen shines with incredible power, rendering games in startling clarity with fantastic colors on the best Game Boy screen ever. For the first time, you can adjust the brightness of the screen to adapt to indoor lights or outdoor sunshine.

gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
treefalse
Super-Tree

Tournaments Won: 1

Wow. My freind just told me today about that. WEIRD!
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:49 PM   #3
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

It wa sat the E3 confrence also ther was the biggest hit of the convention the legend of zelda the twilight princess (link is a werewolf)
Old 05-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
asfager

i wanna know if it has better or worse graphics than the ds
Old 05-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

there is no smiley to show how i feel right now.
holy ****...thats a tiny gameboy...0_0
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
treefalse
Super-Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfager
i wanna know if it has better or worse graphics than the ds
I think it will just be bigger. The games themselves supply how many picels there are.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
asfager

the resolution must be good since its so small
Old 05-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #8
Crazy Hamster411

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
It wa sat the E3 confrence also ther was the biggest hit of the convention the legend of zelda the twilight princess (link is a werewolf)
Wow, you're full of crap arn't ya? Only individuals that are "in the industry" can get entrance into E3, its not open to the general public. Nice try.

And also, anyone that has been keeping up with the new Zelda would have already know abot him turning into a wolf before E3 ever even set itself up.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
asfager

i know some who got in. he won sumting from 1up
Old 05-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #10
john
g-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hamster411
Wow, you're full of crap arn't ya? Only individuals that are "in the industry" can get entrance into E3, its not open to the general public. Nice try.

And also, anyone that has been keeping up with the new Zelda would have already know abot him turning into a wolf before E3 ever even set itself up.
I think he said "It was at .." and not "I was at .."
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
Crazy Hamster411

ah, true dat john.. my bad guess who i am
Old 05-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #12
john
g-prime

I guess the micro would be the 3rd generation Gameboy Advance, right? Nintendo seems to be very good at making compact gaming devices. It's pretty amazing what they're able to cram into such a small space.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:01 PM   #13
john
g-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hamster411
ah, true dat john.. my bad guess who i am
Oh.. and.. rumour has it that being "part of the industry" isn't as hard as they make it sound. Peopel working as stock boys at EB got to go. Even people with cheezy geocities site about gaming. I think it's just to stop people off the street, who have nothing better to do, from coming to E3 and taking up a lot of valuable space.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #14
Crazy Hamster411

well, i used to have a website devoted to gta, should i be lett in too? lol
Old 05-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

The Micro is amazing i can't wait for the next gameboy (see how much better nintendo is at handhelds than sony)
Old 05-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #16
asfager

the new zelda tp is coming our for the ds

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/748/748615/vids_1.html

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/695/695149/vids_1.html

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/682875/vids_1.html
Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 PM   #17
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

That will be so kewl i think that they will release a few of Gamcube's best games on Micro because if it was popular on the console it will proberly be popular for handheld 2
Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #18
trevorXkillyou

awesome, a new nintendo gimick(i dunno how to spell that, but nintendo sure does). i used to be a big fan of nintendo, but not it just seems like they are drowing, but flailing around for that one last breath. but now i can finaly jam my fingers up playing my sub-par gba games worse than ever and on a smaller screen that anyone could ever immagine. just what ive always wanted. im not buying this. they need to make a hand held with good graphics and button layout, but get rid of the gimmicks. basically make a psp that doesnt suck. im sure this will sell great in japan, they love small stuff.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:29 PM   #19
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

THis thing will have good Graphics and will proberly have an add on for a bigger screen
Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #20
trevorXkillyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
THis thing will have good Graphics and will proberly have an add on for a bigger screen
the article said it will ahve the same processing power and play teh same games as a gba. sorry, all it is is a small gba. next thing ya know, they will ahve a gameboy micro sp. we are getting one step closer to japanization in the americas. what happened to the bigger is better mentality? isnt that what being american is really about? come on, lets make a ****ing huge portable with some actual processing power. and as for an add on for a larger thing, thats just a few more dollars you ahve to give to nintendo so they can keep dreaming up htis bull****. nintendo used to rock.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:41 PM   #21
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Yank acting like your the only country on earth i am australian and nintendo still does rock
Old 05-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #22
Mario

? when out and how much please and thank you
Old 05-31-2005, 03:06 AM   #23
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

y is it that nintendo is the only company to have made a consecutive sieries of portable game players that r worth buying?
but anyway i rekon dat it is a really great console and i agree wit Mario when where and how much?

Last edited by gussa; 05-31-2005 at 03:11 AM.
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:48 PM   #24
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

It will be released at a low orice like the revolution because nintendo wants to make things cheaper for the next generation of gaming consoles and handhelds
Old 06-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #25
quadgameman

there is no point in this game boy micro

Last edited by quadgameman; 06-05-2005 at 12:43 PM.