Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Flash - Movies

Flash - Movies Submit flash movie files here

Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
coool1

Tournaments Won: 1

Exclamation i wanna make movies???!!!

please help me out here!! i am getting agervated!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

I still think you should look up on those "video cameras" I spoke of.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
coool1

heeeeellllll
Old 12-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coool1 View Post
heeeeellllll
Then again, you're too stupid to find the power button.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

Krusty_The_Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coool1 View Post
please help me out here!! i am getting agervated!!!!!!!!!!!
How to make movies.
Step1) Buy a video camera
Step2) Shoot yourself in the face.
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet poop View Post
How to make movies.
Step1) Buy a video camera
Step2) Shoot yourself in the face.
You forgot:

Step3)Give Krusty the video camera so I can sell it on Eba- I mean cherish it forever.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
Natus Lumen
Banned

Buy a video camera, preferably one that has a hard drive or uses DV tapes, or even one that is SD-compatible. Any of those are acceptable, but the ones that rip straight to a DVD as you film suck a fat one. If you don't have a very good computer, I recommend using...well I guess you're out of luck. But assuming you have access to a decent computer, you can work any of these. With a DV tape camera, you'll have to buy DV tapes. If you buy an SD-compatible camera, you'll have to buy a USB card-reading device unless you have an SD port in your computer, which usually only come standard on more recent HP laptops, to my knowledge, but I might be wrong. You will also want to get a tripod. These are universal, but some are better than others.

Okay, so now that you have your camera, you probably need software. Do not use any Windows video-editing software. Most of these suck. If you have a lot of patience, and are willing to learn, find a cheap copy of Adobe Final Cut, or even Shake (this is one of the best programs in the entire movie industry but it's EXTREMELY complex). Otherwise, download iMovie from Apple's website for like $50. This is a very simple, fun, and user-friendly program, but it can be limiting at times.

If you bought a DV or hard drive video camera, you'll need a firewire cable to transport video data, and most PCs don't come standard with firewire ports. So unless you're using a Mac (in which case the firewire port is right next to the USB and headphone ports) you'll have to get a firewire port put into your motherboard/computer as well (USB ports only transport basic data like music and photos so you can't use them for transporting video).

After that, there are a vast myriad of sites that will let you upload your finished video such as any number of hosting sites like Youtube, Metacafe, Google Video, whatever. You can also export to Quicktime and add them to your iPod.

So to make movies, you need a camera, video editing software (unless you want your final product to look like shit; these programs range from extremely basic to hardcore professional) and, unless you're burning to DVDs or using them for personal use, a decent internet connection.

OR

To make a flash animation, you can either use iMovie and photoshop/paint, or you can use an FLV creator. For this, I give you Google.

That's how to make a low-budget movie. You'll need funding from a media corporation and a degree to make a high-budget movie.

Last edited by Natus Lumen; 12-17-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender. View Post
Buy a video camera, preferably one that has a hard drive or uses DV tapes, or even one that is SD-compatible. Any of those are acceptable, but the ones that rip straight to a DVD as you film suck a fat one. If you don't have a very good computer, I recommend using...well I guess you're out of luck. But assuming you have access to a decent computer, you can work any of these. With a DV tape camera, you'll have to buy DV tapes. If you buy an SD-compatible camera, you'll have to buy a USB card-reading device unless you have an SD port in your computer, which usually only come standard on more recent HP laptops, to my knowledge, but I might be wrong. You will also want to get a tripod. These are universal, but some are better than others.
Okay, so now that you have your camera, you probably need software. Do not use any Windows video-editing software. Most of these suck. If you have a lot of patience, and are willing to learn, find a cheap copy of Adobe Final Cut, or even Shake (this is one of the best programs in the entire movie industry but it's EXTREMELY complex). Otherwise, download iMovie from Apple's website for like $50. This is a very simple, fun, and user-friendly program, but it can be limiting at times.
If you bought a DV or hard drive video camera, you'll need a firewire cable to transport video data, and most PCs don't come standard with firewire ports. So unless you're using a Mac (in which case the firewire port is right next to the USB and headphone ports) you'll have to get a firewire port put into your motherboard/computer as well (USB ports only transport basic data like music and photos so you can't use them for transporting video).
After that, there are a vast myriad of sites that will let you upload your finished video such as any number of hosting sites like Youtube, Metacafe, Google Video, whatever. You can also export to Quicktime and add them to your iPod.
So to make movies, you need a camera, video editing software (unless you want your final product to look like shit; these programs range from extremely basic to hardcore professional) and, unless you're burning to DVDs or using them for personal use, a decent internet connection.
OR
To make a flash animation, you can either use iMovie and photoshop/paint, or you can use an FLV creator. For this, I give you Google.
That's how to make a low-budget movie. You'll need funding from a media corporation and a degree to make a high-budget movie.
Fun sucker.
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
Natus Lumen
Banned

Sorry. I had to show off my knowledge of all things video.

EDIT: well, most things.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #11
aaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender. View Post
Sorry. I had to show off my knowledge of all things video.

EDIT: well, most things.
EDIT: no things.

:-D
Old 12-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #12
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet poop View Post
Fun sucker.
Lol. That made me think of those times where people switch letters of words to prevent swearing. Ex.) This one asshole always calls me a "nucking figger"
Now, read Neverenders post with that in mind. Severe burns I would think.
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #13
Natus Lumen
Banned

Very severe.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #14
Natus Lumen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaproductions View Post
EDIT: no things.

:-D
What'd I get wrong? As far as I know that's how to make a basic video...
Old 12-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
Lol. That made me think of those times where people switch letters of words to prevent swearing. Ex.) This one asshole always calls me a "nucking figger"
Now, read Neverenders post with that in mind. Severe burns I would think.
Nucking figger? Sounds like something someone would say with their mouth full.