Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > PC

PC Discussion for PC gaming products

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default UT3 Demo

Unreal Tournament 3 is so beautiful. My only problem is, the demo is running my system harsh. The full thing's gonna run my computer ragged. Who else has played it?
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
NOWAK
Rave on guys
 

Default

My x1900 gt artifacted so I had to rma it, so im stuck with a shit pc. cant play any games oh well a freind says it looks like ut04.
NOWAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch
 

Default

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
* 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
* 512 Mbytes of System RAM
* NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements

* 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
* 1 GBytes of System RAM
* NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

I meet the minimum easily enough, but it looks like another game I'll hafta run on low.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

Yea that's my problem. My computer would've easily met the recommended requirements, but it crashed like a month back (I fried the motherboard. It was a K9N Diamond. It literally started to smoke, and was singed in areas), and I don't have the money to fix it. I can't get a job til the vacation. So I'm running everything on the communal computer, which is good for what it is, but it's not a gaming system. It will die
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
insan3
only with free cookies
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

I played the demo yesterday. and i have to admit its pretty fun. way too fast paced though, i can never see whats going on. runs great though on my 8800
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan3 View Post
I played the demo yesterday. and i have to admit its pretty fun. way too fast paced though, i can never see whats going on. runs great though on my 8800
welcome to unreal tournament.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
insan3
only with free cookies
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

yeah, ill just wait for the crysis demo (that was DELAYED damnit)
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #8
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

I haven't tried it yet and I don't plan to try it because I know my system can't run it well either. I'm using a 7800 GT here.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #9
gussa
The Little Colon Angel
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

i just keep thinking of the angry german kid...
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #10
insan3
only with free cookies
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I haven't tried it yet and I don't plan to try it because I know my system can't run it well either. I'm using a 7800 GT here.
Recommended System:
CPU: 3-4Ghz
RAM: 1024MB
Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

you could do it on the recommended settings even.
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #11
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

Hmm...well I do have the RAM and the Video Card, but I don't know about the CPU.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
insan3
only with free cookies
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

What do you have for a CPU?
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 AM   #14
joshisposer
Ignorance is proven wrong
 

Default

that's the problem with pc's...you have to update and pay more than consoles to keep it up to par with....the consoles
joshisposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

You're kidding right? New consoles come out like every...10 years? I don't know exactly, but consoles don't exactly change their parts so that they are faster than PCs. My computer can still play many games despite the fact that there is a lot more new parts that came out that make my parts look like shit. In fact, I think it has to be the other way around if the consoles want to keep up with the PCs. Because of all the new upgrades PCs keep getting, PCs will always have better graphics and speed than a console would.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #16
insan3
only with free cookies
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
that's the problem with pc's...you have to update and pay more than consoles to keep it up to par with....the consoles
That may be truw, but then like DS said, you are stuck with that console for another 5, 7 years till another new one comes out. where a PC constantly has a new game base, and new technolotgy all the time.
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #17
joshisposer
Ignorance is proven wrong
 

Default

new technology all the time that takes more outta your pocket than buying a console and it lasting 10 years. 3/4 through ps2, i noticed, pc's aren't that much dominate with games today. I mean, with blu-ray now, its gonna take 2-3 years for mainstream, so consoles have that much more time they are going to be uncomparable. i'd like to see a pc do Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as well as it's gonna be on PS3
joshisposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #18
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
that's the problem with pc's...you have to update and pay more than consoles to keep it up to par with....the consoles
consoles always lack behind PC's in processing and graphics power.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
new technology all the time that takes more outta your pocket than buying a console and it lasting 10 years. 3/4 through ps2, i noticed, pc's aren't that much dominate with games today. I mean, with blu-ray now, its gonna take 2-3 years for mainstream, so consoles have that much more time they are going to be uncomparable. i'd like to see a pc do Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as well as it's gonna be on PS3
Well you could just buy an "okay" gaming computer and it will be better than the best consoles we have now. PCs are probably not so "dominant" with games because PCs aren't just used for games. I mean it is unfair to compare the PC to a game system designed solely for entertainment. But aside from that point, I find that PCs are pretty dominant in the gaming industry as the games with the best graphics are on the PC and a lot of people tend to buy those games.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #20
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I don't know exactly, but consoles don't exactly change their parts so that they are faster than PCs. My computer can still play many games despite the fact that there is a lot more new parts that came out that make my parts look like shit. In fact, I think it has to be the other way around if the consoles want to keep up with the PCs. Because of all the new upgrades PCs keep getting, PCs will always have better graphics and speed than a console would.
There is actually a way to make a console run better and change their parts but it will include a price tag of $9800, 20 bags of chips, 6 months time, and blow torch.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #21
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNZMASTER_FLEX View Post
There is actually a way to make a console run better and change their parts but it will include a price tag of $9800, 20 bags of chips, 6 months time, and blow torch.
uh, no.

Even in the rare instance that you could hack your console to perform better, you would just be banned because of a modified console.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #22
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNZMASTER_FLEX View Post
There is actually a way to make a console run better and change their parts but it will include a price tag of $9800, 20 bags of chips, 6 months time, and blow torch.
Uh...sure, if you'd like to have a burnt up piece of shit lying around then sure...
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First DirectX10 Demo!! insan3 PC 15 07-22-2007 02:25 PM
Nvidia's Human head demo download Heyyou27 gadgets and gizmos 31 05-29-2007 07:18 PM
Beyond the Red Line Demo uglypugly PC 18 04-28-2007 12:07 AM
Tech Demo 4...yes these things wont stop... shaad Movies 9 06-15-2005 01:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net