Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Sony

Sony Discussion of Sony console gaming products

Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Have any of you PS3 owners out there downloaded it yet? At 2.4GB and $15 it's worth trying, if you're a fan of thre series or are looking to get your first taste. The graphics look about identical to the previous title, if not slightly improved and the game maintains a constant 60 frames per second throughout the vast majority of the game. It looks like Insomniac is going the episodic route with another downloadable title in Fall 2009, while also releasing Resistance 2 this November.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Willy_Wonka
shit

Tournaments Won: 2

I've never played the Ratchet and Clank games.

I liked Crash Bandicoot, though...

oh, and I dont have a ps3 =/
Willy_Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Snow
19th President

I love the series, I have all of them except TOD (I don't have a PS3 yet). I'll get it when I get a PS3. Also, Insomniac isn't necessarily going the "episodic route". They said they'll make more only if people like the idea and how it turns out.

Last edited by Snow; 08-25-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I'll buy and d/l over night (I love the Ratchet and Clank games), let ya know how it is.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

PTOM Made a typo. They said it was for the PSP d:
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Alright, so, I bought, downloaded, installed, played, and beat this game in a span of about five hours. It's pretty short.
I'd recommend it to fans of the series, but not to people who haven't played it (pretty obvious). I think this is probably the worst entry to the series though. I like shootin' things, but Quest for Booty is more puzzle and platform than shooting. BUT, it sets up the story for the next (chronological) entry which comes out in fall '09 (according to the post-game credits), and has the character and humor we'd expect from them. Overall worthwhile buy imo.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
Alright, so, I bought, downloaded, installed, played, and beat this game in a span of about five hours. It's pretty short.
I'd recommend it to fans of the series, but not to people who haven't played it (pretty obvious). I think this is probably the worst entry to the series though. I like shootin' things, but Quest for Booty is more puzzle and platform than shooting. BUT, it sets up the story for the next (chronological) entry which comes out in fall '09 (according to the post-game credits), and has the character and humor we'd expect from them. Overall worthwhile buy imo.
I wouldn't call it the "worst in the series" keeping in mind that this is a $15 download for PSN, and Tools of Destruction is a $60 retail title.I myself may be biased as I have become a fan of smaller cheaper downloadable titles, and this is just one I've added to my collection. Also Ryu, have you played Siren: Blood Curse? Being a major survival horror fan I enjoyed it quite a bit but I was wondering if you had tried it yet, and wanted to hear your thoughts. I think you're the only other PS3 owner on this site.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

It's true that it's just a download, but even a full retail title that consisted more of those easy puzzlin' and platformin' elements than shooting would have me rating it lower than other entries to the series (I'm a "blow it up" kinda guy).

Also, I haven't tried any of the other DLC yet, and I'm not much for survival horror games either, so I'm probably not gonna get Siren: Blood Curse. Sorry. =(
Old 08-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
It's true that it's just a download, but even a full retail title that consisted more of those easy puzzlin' and platformin' elements than shooting would have me rating it lower than other entries to the series (I'm a "blow it up" kinda guy).

Also, I haven't tried any of the other DLC yet, and I'm not much for survival horror games either, so I'm probably not gonna get Siren: Blood Curse. Sorry. =(
No need for apologies; I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea. I just figured I should ask the only other PS3 owner on this site. Also, the full 12 episodes of Siren takes up over 9GB on the hard drive so that alone may keep people away.