Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Sony

Sony Discussion of Sony console gaming products

Old 08-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default Warhawk 1.50 patch

It was just released today and it added the ability to listen to music through the XMB as well as trophies. The Fallen Star expansion comes out tomorrow and it will add jetpacks as well as the new map, and a few new game modes apparently.

Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

This game is already a disgrace to the original. Let it burn.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
This game is already a disgrace to the original. Let it burn.

Have you played it? It's probably the single best online game on the PS3 currently, offers 4 player split-screen online, and the developers continue to support it with updates and expansions. You constantly go on about old games you weren't even around to play. Get over it and buy a new damn system already.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I did some reading up on it...saw a few comparisons to the (good) Tribes games (Tribes 2=my favorite shooter ever). If it's true, I'll definitely buy. If not, I still might.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
I did some reading up on it...saw a few comparisons to the (good) Tribes games (Tribes 2=my favorite shooter ever). If it's true, I'll definitely buy. If not, I still might.
With the jetpacks, it's going to be more like Tribes than ever! I do have to warn you though, the game has a pretty steep learning curve. In fact, I barely play it online at all(mainly because I suck), unless I've got people over for 4 player split-screen online play.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post

Have you played it? It's probably the single best online game on the PS3 currently, offers 4 player split-screen online, and the developers continue to support it with updates and expansions. You constantly go on about old games you weren't even around to play. Get over it and buy a new damn system already.
What's the point of it being WarHawk, if the damned plane that the game is based on can be destroyed in two shots?
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
What's the point of it being WarHawk, if the damned plane that the game is based on can be destroyed in two shots?
Jesus christ, it's called a multiplayer game. What fun would it be if every player in a Warhawk was invincible? It's already damn near impossible to shoot down a decent pilot online anyways as just about every weapon in the game can be easily dodged with the use of the afterburner and some maneuvering.

To anyone interested, I bought the new expansion to day and I must say this: the addition of the jetpack really changes the gameplay in a good way. Once you pick up the item you can still enter any vehicle, and it is now possible to jump from a Warhawk of dropship mid air. Pretty much everything is going to change now as you can easily scale a tall mountain and land on top for a good sniping spot. This allows for sniping(or attempted sniping) from distances of half a mile and further, although actually hitting something from that distance is still very difficult.