Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > RPing

Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
gabrielwhist
Banned

Default The Spirit World

Completely Original: This is an RP I'm currently running on another site. I thought we needed a serious RP to start us off. Please don't spam it. If you do I'll just delete the post, so you're wasting your time and mine.

All around us, at all times, spirit world layes hidden beneath our own. A woman you pass on the streets may really be a hag, a troll, or a kitsune. However, despite these two worlds intermingling, humans cannot see or sense the spirit world, save for a few. All people are born with a spark within them, some peoples spark naturally burns bright enough to see and access the magical plane, but most need a focusing medium. A focusing medium is a special crystal that, when touched, links to a persons soul, and takes on a form befitting them. This focusing medium anchors them to the spirit world, and allows them to see, sense, and interract with the spirit plane around them. Everyone who has accessed their spark can utilize their spirit power in the same basic attacks, but above this, everyone has a unique soul that manifests itself with unique abilities. For example, everyone can unleash a wave of spirit power that will physically damage the opponent, but the strength of the attack is dependent on the strength of the persons soul and character, be it good or evil either way the strength is the same, its based on the strength og your will, not how you use it. Furthermore someone with a fire spiritl may release their blasts as fire, while someone with a water spirit may release theirs as a wave, for example. In the spirit world struggles constantly wage between diffirent courts and powers, alliances forming and being broken, wars beginning and ending, mercenary knights roam in large troops, available for hire.

At this point in time two main courts have risen to power, lets say the Seelie and Unseelie courts for simplicity's sake. The courts entail spirits, fairies, and human mages that actually belong to the courts, as well as mercenary bands. The Seelie Court wants to seperate the spirit world from the human world permanently, to create a more beautiful and pristine existence, believing that comingling is disgusting chaos (though individuals may have their own personal reasons). The Unseelie Court wants to merge the two worlds fully, believing that true beauty and wonder comes from natural chaos, and the absolute absence of order. (Again individuals can have personal reasons.) The third faction, though significantly smaller and less powerful, wants to maintain the balance as it is, believing this is the natural order of things, and are called the Balance.

The basic classes are Spirit Walker (human that can access the spirit realm) and Spirit/Faerie (mythological ones only.) Please stick to serious races, no butterfly sized sprites and the like.

Template:
Name:
Appearance (pic if available, detailed description if not):
Form of the Focusing Medium (All are made of clear crystal):
Manifestation of your Spirit (your powers basially):
Relevant History:
How you were introduced to the spirit world:
Which faction you fight for (you may switch later, but you must fight for one):

RULES:
No Godmodding, no powerplay. (I will be running this more strictly than some RP's, and as such I want no more than 5 or 6 members to join. Others may be able to join later, but I want a small starting basis. This also means I may prevent you from gaining new abilities to soon if it conflicts with the storyline.) No multiple characters. Your character may die at some point, and you can restart with a new character of similar experience, but you may only do so when it fits with the plotline, and no more than once or maybe twice.
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
gabrielwhist
Banned

My character:

Name: Drake
Appearance: Face: http://www.kaifuu.com/images/layout/...mug_squall.jpg Clothes: http://www.jlcideas.com/Image/FF7-adv-CloudStrife.jpg (Minus the right hand glove)
Form of the Focusing Medium: A ring
Manifestation of your Spirit: Wind and sound manipulation, including resonance and resonant frequency specifically.
Relevant History: He found out about the spirit world at 12, and has trained under a legendary mage knight (type of Spirit Walker) ever since. He is now the second in command of the mage knight, Arkus's, mercenary band, The Band of the Red Fang.
Introduction to the Spirit World: He found a focusing medium crystal in a deep cave that he fell into while playing in the woods with his friends. It was planted in a stone pedestal.
Faction: Highest Payer (currently the Unseelie Court) but eventually joins the balance.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Name: Varghan
Race/Class: Spirit Wolf
Appearance: In the Spirit World, Varghan much resembles a normal wolf in the human world, except for being the size of car, as well as a small crystal planted into the head as a child. When he takes on human form, he becomes a tall, well built man. (Think Jet from Cowboy Bebop, but with more hair.)
Form of the Focusing Medium: Unnecessary.
Manifestation of your Spirit: The ability to create an area of absolute darkness, as well as piercing such darkness in able to see obstacles and opponents. If it is already dark, this power has a greater area of effect, and is hard to dispel. If it is light out, this power may not even work.
Relevant History: Varghan was born into the Ragna clan, which consists of three families. Varghan's family is headed by Hati, who generally only interact with the human world at night. The second family is headed by Skoll-they generally interact only during the day. The most powerful family is headed by Fenrir. They take care of most of the political issues the clan must deal with, as well as support for the other two families if the situation calls for it.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: Born in Spirit World. However, all members of the Ragna clan are born to hunt and devour humans. For this reason, each member is introduced to that world by a trainer at an early age.
Which faction you fight for: Unseelie, though for a different reason than most others within the faction.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Are you being serious?
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I don't see what anyone has against RPs. It's just like writing a normal story. Or is there something wrong with that now too?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
I don't see what anyone has against RPs. It's just like writing a normal story. Or is there something wrong with that now too?
I don't really have a problem with it; you guys can do what you like. I just find it a bit funny that Gprime's little troll gabrielwhist likes to do it, and the fact that he came up with the idea makes it that much better.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
gabrielwhist
Banned

I'm a troll?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
Natus Lumen
Banned

Just a little. Not in the conventional internet sense, but in the normal human sense.

Template: Why not?
Name: James Cassidy
Race/Class: Black, unemployed (loljk spirit walker)
Appearance (pic if available, detailed description if not):
Form of the Focusing Medium (All are made of clear crystal): Plutonium-235
Manifestation of your Spirit (your powers basially): Vigilante hunter of malicious spirits
Relevant History: Was exiled from homeland for foiled assassination attempt on corrupt king.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: Pretty much the standard way.
Which faction you fight for (you may switch later, but you must fight for one): The ones who don't end sentences in prepositions. So the Seelies.

And yes, I did steal the pic from /wg/
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Natus Lumen
Banned

I'm already bored.

/commits suicide, leaves world forever.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
gabrielwhist
Banned

Natus, stop being a dick. If you spam one more time I'm gonna ask Blackice to block you from this section.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
Natus Lumen
Banned

I was actually making an attempt (though admittedly halfhearted) to be serious, but it didn't work out so well.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natus Lumen View Post
I'm already bored.

/commits suicide, leaves world forever.
Real serious.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #13
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

ima give this a try and see if i like it. (thats what he said)

Name: Rayne
Race/Class: Spirit walker
Appearance (pic if available, detailed description if not): kinda like this
Form of the Focusing Medium (All are made of clear crystal): Pendant on a chain
Manifestation of your Spirit (your powers basially): controls the tenacity of weather in his immediate presence (hail, rain, high wind etc)
Relevant History: at the age of 10, his family was brutally murdered by a crazed maniac. no one knows how or why but by the time help had arrived, Rayne had managed to kill the attacker with shards of ice and was found crying onto the assailants corpse.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: the pendant was given to him as a child. up until the age of 20 it was of little use until in a moment of great desperation, his spiritual abilty was unleashed.
Which faction you fight for (you may switch later, but you must fight for one): Unseelie
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Name: Adirae
Race/Class: I think it'd be interesting if I wasn't a spirit walker. Just a human being. Maybe a changeling.
Appearance:

Form of the Focusing Medium: locket
Manifestation of your Spirit: I don't have powers...that I know of.
Relevant History: There's a gash scar on my right shoulder from when my mom tried to abort me. My mom was always off at "work" so I went around a lot. My favorite was crawling in the mud looking at bugs, and then feeding them to the lizards. The older I got, the more time from home my mom spent. I started building a hangout of sorts for myself, in the woods behind my house. The only thing in there was hobos and deer. I spent a lot of time there, and one day someone happened across my little clubhouse. I tried to scare him off but he wouldn't go. We got in a fight. I like to say I won, but now that I think about it, we were both about even. He was a strange one. Just kinda walked off. He came back a few weeks later though. Called himself Marcus. I let him stay and we started talking. Meh, what can I say? He's good entertainment, says he can see things, like spirits and shit. I think he was trying to freak me out. Ha, who actually believes that crap? Then later it got really awkward. He said him finding me wasn't an accident...that I was special. Some really poetic junk. it was the biggest load I'd ever heard. Me...special? HA. Right.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: Magazine ad
Which faction you fight for: Unseelie (way to steal from Holly Black)
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Name: Dudeo
Race/Class: Spirit Form (Race unknown)
Appearance: (picture pending)
Form of the Focusing Medium: Unknown.
Manifestation of your Spirit: Prefers not to fight. Mode change when attacked causes him to go berzerk. Usually just runs.
Relevant History: History is irrelevant.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: No memory. Looking for a way to leave.
Which faction you fight for: (Sorry, no fighting.)

(this fairly closely fits the character of Dudeo himself, although in context)

Last edited by Dudeo; 06-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #16
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post
Name: Adirae
Race/Class: I think it'd be interesting if I wasn't a spirit walker. Just a human being. Maybe a changeling.
Appearance:

Form of the Focusing Medium: locket
Manifestation of your Spirit: I don't have powers...that I know of.
Relevant History: There's a gash scar on my right shoulder from when my mom tried to abort me. My mom was always off at "work" so I went around a lot. My favorite was crawling in the mud looking at bugs, and then feeding them to the lizards. The older I got, the more time from home my mom spent. I started building a hangout of sorts for myself, in the woods behind my house. The only thing in there was hobos and deer. I spent a lot of time there, and one day someone happened across my little clubhouse. I tried to scare him off but he wouldn't go. We got in a fight. I like to say I won, but now that I think about it, we were both about even. He was a strange one. Just kinda walked off. He came back a few weeks later though. Called himself Marcus. I let him stay and we started talking. Meh, what can I say? He's good entertainment, says he can see things, like spirits and shit. I think he was trying to freak me out. Ha, who actually believes that crap? Then later it got really awkward. He said him finding me wasn't an accident...that I was special. Some really poetic junk. it was the biggest load I'd ever heard. Me...special? HA. Right.
How you were introduced to the spirit world: Magazine ad
Which faction you fight for: Unseelie (way to steal from Holly Black)
Humans can't see and interact with the spirit world until they become spirit walkers.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
gabrielwhist
Banned

BTW guys, I kinda suck at running this one. I don't really know what do with it, it was my first attempt and it hasnt been very good on my RP forum. I think its easier to do a fan based, and its easier when people free play without too many guidelines.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
Humans can't see and interact with the spirit world until they become spirit walkers.
That's part of the story doof. Go with it.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
BTW guys, I kinda suck at running this one. I don't really know what do with it, it was my first attempt and it hasnt been very good on my RP forum. I think its easier to do a fan based, and its easier when people free play without too many guidelines.
We'll use this RP as a test run. See what we need to add and subtract for future attempts.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #20
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post
That's part of the story doof. Go with it.
Well, just saying, you won't be able to do anything until you become one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
We'll use this RP as a test run. See what we need to add and subtract for future attempts.
Yeah, ok. I'm just not so great at running the RP, I'm better as just a player. But I'll try.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Go troll somewhere else.
kthxbai
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #22
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

This is so not going anywhere.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #23
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

we need a beggining to story plz.
kthnxbai
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #24
gabrielwhist
Banned

Ok. This sucks. I just wrote like three paragraphs and then gprime logged me out, and I'm not rewriting all of it. Heres the story, minus the reflection on Drake's character.

Drake stepped off the subway car onto the derilict, and supposedly closed, subway platform that was stop thirteen on a twelve stop subway line. Reaching under his leather side coat he felt the comfort of his sword hilt. Such precautions were necessary in a place like this. Spirits and fey of all sorts roamed the platform, not all of them friendly. A goblin here, a troll strolling there, a kitsune wove its way through the crowd, a vampire buying illegal unicorn blood. Yes, this was a place for care and watchfulness. Looking around Drake spied his contact sitting in a corner, a wood changeling, complete with brown bark skin, and green hair, vines hanging from his skin. Walking over Drake asked, "Do you have the package?"
Old 06-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #25
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Rayne listened to their conversation. he knew not what was happening but he knew his orders.
"follow our agent and make sure he doesnt cross sides. but dont let him see you... he preffers taht we imply trust him but we cannot take risks like that with an item this valuable".

the conversation between the two ended. the man handed drake an object wrapped in a black rag and Drake began to depart.

Rayne followed...