Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 05-20-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
john
g-prime

Default don't worry, it will get better

ilikepandas is at it again, with yet another "creative" flash animation, starring "chu chu." (you might not like it at first, but give it time, it'll grow on you).
chu chu [ 2252KB ]

from the makers of hapland, a game involving balls (get it? *nudge nudge*)
a game involving balls [ 276KB ]

and speaking of hapland, the sequel to it .. hapland 2:
hapland 2 [ 678KB ]

last week i said that hitachi commercial was creative advertising. well, i take that back. *this* is creative advertising ..
broadcast censorship committee [ 2596KB ]

i was embarrassed for this guy at first, but then he really pulled it off. *insert applause* (even the professor loved it)
reach! a lecture musical [ 5878KB ]

aap collections (or "aapproductions" on the board), presents .. "ninja rap." (limp ninja time!)
ninjarap [ 4159KB ]
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
Radiator

Tournaments Won: 1

Havn't seen any of it yet but I'm fairly interested in hapland 2
Old 05-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Stokes

Quote:
(get it? *nudge nudge*)
I don't get it...
Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
bagel head

what about the story of something? :(
Old 05-20-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Stokes

^You can't upload Powerpoint to a webpage, foo!

Besides, it sucked anyway... :)
Old 05-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
bagel head

u know i hate u right
Old 05-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #7
Stokes

lol! sure, whatever...

Darn!

I was thinking either "Got melee?", "Zero Wing Rhapsody", or (especially) "NintendoON" would make it...

Of course, John has yet to comment on "NintendoON".

If you're reading this, you can see it here.

Last edited by Stokes; 05-20-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
blackice
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes
^You can't upload Powerpoint to a webpage, foo!

Besides, it sucked anyway... :)
There is nothing that would prevent anyone from hosting a .ppt file on a web page.
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

Quote:
a game involving balls (get it? *nudge nudge*)
YEEEE!!!! im hoping that was a Monty Python reference, "nudge nudge, wink wink say no more!"
everythings great! Im the Barlows complex and im O.K.!
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #10
bagel head

Quote:
lol! sure, whatever...

Darn!

I was thinking either "Got melee?", "Zero Wing Rhapsody", or (especially) "NintendoON" would make it...

Of course, John has yet to comment on "NintendoON".

If you're reading this, you can see it here.
exactly yours didnt make it either so.....
and u didnt even make those, maybe mine will make next time. :(
Old 05-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #11
Puppet

the go daddy.com commercial was on during the super ball
Old 05-20-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

ummmm....john? i think you forgot to put a link to "how to park a dirt bike" Which is SO TOTALLY AWSOME!
sily person :-P ^_^
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #13
Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
the go daddy.com commercial was on during the super ball
I think you mean super monkey ball.
Super balls are nothing without monkeys to occupy them... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice
There is nothing that would prevent anyone from hosting a .ppt file on a web page.
No, what I mean is that you'd have to download it and open it with powerpoint in it's respective program window.
Powerpoint is not a program that will load inside a web browsing window...

Plus, not everyone has MS Office...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #14
blackice
Administrator

Quote:
No, what I mean is that you'd have to download it and open it with powerpoint in it's respective program window.
Powerpoint is not a program that will load inside a web browsing window...

Plus, not everyone has MS Office...
You can open ppt in a web page with IE somehow. No idea how to do it. ANd you dont need MS Office to open ppt files. I dont have MS Office and I can view it fine.
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #15
treefalse
Super-Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin
** Deleted by Moderator **
Give me some not-so detailed steps. I'm stuck.

Last edited by blackice; 07-05-2005 at 08:53 PM.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #16
PINOYwitRICEhat

hapland 2 kinda hard...the first one was fairly easy...took me about an 30 mins- 1 hour.......iono...maybe its just me...im kinda sleepy......cant think...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 PM   #17
Ilikepandas

CHU CHU MADE IT IN???
he he

hapland 2 is harder than the first one, which I also couldn't pass. thay copied (unintentionally of course) my cloud idea goddammit!!!!

heres a more updated version of my puzzlegame to show you what I mean
Attached Files
File Type: swf Puzzleland.swf (541.3 KB, 284 views)
Old 05-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
Ilikepandas

Please don't ask about level 4 because you can't pass it yet
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
God
2 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
aap collections (or "aapproductions" on the board), presents .. "ninja rap." (limp ninja time!)
ninjarap [ 4159KB ]
I have found something as awesome as this. Here
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #20
bald muffin

Heh, yeah, the godaddy thing was one of the superball commercials.

I'm still struggling with Hapland 2.... aargh.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:27 AM   #21
Mouse

More of the lecture things

http://www.prangstgrup.com/index_1000.html
Old 05-21-2005, 02:53 AM   #22
E-Money

Hey everyone. For those who want to beat hapland, here you go. SPOILERS!

*****IGNORE IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BEAT HAPLAND*****

1.Take a look at the right side of the screen. There is a red dot on a pole. Click it to turn it into a green arrow.

2. Click the trapdoor below to open it. Then click the yellow arrow under the Green Arrow pole. The man (Pat Sajack)will fall and get stuck between the boxes. Then change the Green arrow back to a Red Dot.

3. Next, click the box with a pink lid. (But not the Pink Lid itself) A grenade should pop out, and the Pat Sajack will throw it. As soon as you see an exclamation mark abovie his head, click the yellow arrow again. The poof of air will send the grenade and blow up the Arrow sign and the lock.

4.Now, click the Pink Lid 3 times, and then click the Pat Sajack. He will walk back inside the house.

5. Now, we want to get that green staircase spinning. But the Electric Fence near the waterline takes up too much power, so we need to destroy it. Turn on the light near the raven (Vulcan Raven), and click it so it shines on the cannonballs.

6. Now click on the Vulcan Raven, and it will fly with a cannonball. When it gets to the first cloud, click the cloud, and it will make Vulcan Raven drop the ball and destroy the fence. Repeat this step once again, but with the second cloud, so it falls in the catapult.

7. Now, the electric fence is gone. Underground, near the portal, turn on the motor, and click the right arrow. The cycle on the green staircase will spin. Click on the cycle, and the staircase will shift right.

8. Ring the doorbell. Pat Sajack will come out to Man the catapult. Now this is tricky... Click on the left cloud once, and then twice and it will blow up. Right as it blows up, fire the catapult. This will light up the cannonball and blow up the tarp and the mine.

9. Once more, turn the Red Dot into a Green Arrow and click the yellow arrow to return Pat Sajack to his house - - You still need him. Click the man at the top (Crate Death Man), he will drop 2 levels.

10. If you were to click Crate Death Man now, he'd die by death of crate (DUH). So, distract the crate controller. On the far left, open the trapdoor. The moth will fly around the (Horatio). During this time, click the fan on the wall between the two rooms. The moth will gwt sucked through and distract the OTHER man (X-Death). During this time, click the Crate Death man, and he will walk past to the other lever.

11. Now click on X-Death. He will drop the crate, and a fish will pop out. Click the man nearest the fish (Crate Death Guy) and the fish will be in the water... I think you can see where we're going with this.

12. Click the man that came out of the moth box. Let's call him Horatio. Click Horatio and he will man another lever. Below that, there is an arrow that should be pointing to the left. Make it point right. Now make Horatio pull his lever, and the current will suck the fish. Click the gate quickly, and the fisherman (AKA Ninja Teleportation Fisherman) will catch the fish.Now, turn off Horatio's Current. The Fisherman will eat the fish and spring up to the top. Now click him again and he will enter the first room. (YAY)

13. Click Horatio and make the current flow right. Now click Pat Sajack's window and he'll slam it shut. This will knock the lumpy ball of snot (Trent Reznor) off and wake him up. Click Trent Reznor. He'll eat the first box, skip the next and end up having a mass suicide. And the fisherman will have used his awesome ninja Teleportation to Magically Appear where he was before!

14. On the underground motor, make it reverse direction. Now CLick the green stairs and make them move to the DEMON BOX! Next ring the doorbell.

15. Pat Sajack will appear. He'll walk up the stairs. Time it so he falls in the DEMON BOX (by clicking on it at the apporpriate time). Now, he will bust outta that box on a viking ship. When he nears the gate, open it, and he'll grab the edge of the stairs and enter the second room.

16. Now all you gotta do is click the 2 switched beside the portal and you're done.

Hard huh? Took me an hour. I'll post again with the answers to the Puzzle that guy posted.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:20 AM   #23
AHHHHTHEBALLS!

DEAR GOD! I have offically "beaten" the balls game. I win. I currently control 170 balls and rising as my little purple thing now consumes the entire bottom area of the map. there is no more ball loss, simply the rapid regeneration of thousands of balls!

Ok, I found a way to end the madness and let them slip around the edge. If anyone is curious as to what ranking you get with a score of 284,885 it's "The Barlow Compound"

Old 05-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #24
nutcase

Talking That blasted ball game

Took me an hour (God i'm sad) but i got a self continuing game on that ball thing, just beaten your score and it ain't showing any signs of stopping, i'll post a screen shot of teh final score when it stops, (if it stops).
Old 05-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
nutcase

Default Ball game again

Have just noticed: -

Your paddle get smaller over time, as all my bonus banana balls have been pushed off the side its a matter of time...