Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > gadgets and gizmos

gadgets and gizmos talk about the latest in techology. don't be afraid to be a geek

Old 11-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default So I got the Motorola Droid today

So far my experience with it has been pretty good. The web browser is vastly superior to my previous phone, and the ability to run multiple applications at the same time is pretty great. I can't really say how it compares to the iPhone 3GS overall, but the screen resolution is definitely a lot better.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
So far my experience with it has been pretty good. The web browser is vastly superior to my previous phone, and the ability to run multiple applications at the same time is pretty great. I can't really say how it compares to the iPhone 3GS overall, but the screen resolution is definitely a lot better.
I looked at it in the Verizon store a few weeks ago. Some of the UI operations were a bit unsmooth and sluggish, but I didn't get to mess around with it too much. Its still an improvement over my touch pro running WM6.5 . I think I'm just going to wait around for a Snapdragon Android phone, but we'll see.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

I'm getting a new phone in a few months and right now I'm thinking either the Droid or the Samsung Omnia 2.

Have you used it as a metal detector yet? :P
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
I looked at it in the Verizon store a few weeks ago. Some of the UI operations were a bit unsmooth and sluggish, but I didn't get to mess around with it too much. Its still an improvement over my touch pro running WM6.5 . I think I'm just going to wait around for a Snapdragon Android phone, but we'll see.
Is HTC doing a version of the Leo for Android? So far the WinMo version is the only Snapdragon powered phone I've seen. My old phone broke so I needed something out now, but I'm sure the Android Snapdragon phones will make me jealous when they release.

Last edited by Heyyou27; 11-30-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Acer made one, but its running 1.6.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
Is HTC doing a version of the Leo for Android? So far the WinMo version is the only Snapdragon powered phone I've seen. My old phone broke so I needed something out now, but I'm sure the Android Snapdragon phones will make me jealous when they release.
I'm not sure. There haven't been any announcements of a Snapdragon Android device from HTC yet, although a few other manufacturers already have them, like the Acer Liquid A1, which is pretty slick.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Snow
19th President

I like my Envy 3. It makes me feel like a 14 year old girl.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
Forseti
Carny Folk

I heard the Palm Pixi was actually a pretty good phone. And it makes for a great small dick joke at the expense of anyone who owns one. "Stop playing with your palm pixie.", etc.
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote