Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > gadgets and gizmos

gadgets and gizmos talk about the latest in techology. don't be afraid to be a geek

Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Default iPhone 3G

What's the difference between this and the original, apart from the higher download speeds?
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
insan3
only with free cookies

Tournaments Won: 1

more money for apple
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

Steve Jobs uses them as mind control devices.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Natus Lumen
Banned

The new one's cheaper and has a better battery. It's also slightly thicker and you can get it in a 16GB model. The 16 model comes in black or white. Like I said, it's also less expensive, at $200 for the 8GB and $300 for the 16. But the very minimum you'll pay for a plan is $70 a month, and that won't get you very much (450 minutes GPS, and some data package stuff). The new one is also GPS compatible (hence GPS included in the cellular plan). However, there is still no video recording, no landscape texting, and it isn't compatible with Cellular TV, which is apparently a really cool feature that some newer AT&T phones have. I don't remember the name for it, but the technology on the touch screen is a new and innovative technology that other touch screen phones don't have. That's off the top of my head, check Cnet before you buy one though.

I'm probably missing something. I was looking at getting one but the services are too expensive.

Oh, did I mention there's no SMS on the iPhone?
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

he means MMS. It would kindof really be an issue iof the iphone couldn't send text messages.

Anyways. the 3G's suck. they crack, they crash, and its just apple. Way to fuck over your customers steve jobs.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
he means MMS. It would kindof really be an issue iof the iphone couldn't send text messages.

Anyways. the 3G's suck. they crack, they crash, and its just apple. Way to fuck over your customers steve jobs.
Yeah, a friend of mine has the 3G iPhone and it often switches to Edge even when 3G is available. Also since the update all iPhones, 3G and original lock up or respond a lot slower than they use to.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
What's the difference between this and the original, apart from the higher download speeds?
Well, I don't know about the iphone, but since my Ipod Touch got updated with the 3G network, it's probably the same as the iphone minus a couple minor differences.

If you touch the little indent at the bottom of the Iphone when your already at you're first screen, it'll bring you to a search engine that will search your Iphone for certain files. I also notice Youtube on the Iphone has a commenting system, so you can comment as well as watch the videos.
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote