Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
john
g-prime

Default it smells like spring

turns out that i'm not as good as i thought i was at death by hinge. tom buff sent in a score of an incredible 14,099 ft. if you aren't impressed by that, try this on for size: kevin mckeon sent in a score of 805,944. just wow.

he writes,
"Actually, I have to admit, it was just a glitch in the game. But using the same glitch, I have gotten scores into the 899,000 range. All you really have to do is pull the hinge back so it's pointing at the top-left corner (a bit more to the left, than the top) and just as the man passes the center point of the hinge, (while continuing to hold the left mouse button) right click. The hinge will instantly snap into the horizontal position to the right, flinging the man farther than ever intended. It is so far, there are no sign-posts marking the distance, and you will see little or no snow during his flight. Other than using this glitch, the highest score I've managed to achieve is about 12,600."

okay, so it wasn't totally legit. but impressive nonetheless. glad i never made any wagers ;-)

anywho, enough chatter. here's the meat:

this game is pretty unique. well, unique to me at least. turns out i'm an awful typer under pressure. how 'bout you?
qwerty warriors [ 0.7 mb ]

dhl delivers anywhere. anything.
we deliver [ 1.3 mb ]

do not try this at home (unless you have a massive escalator. in that case, go right ahead)
escalator skiing [ 2.8 mb ]

a child is born, and around the same time his parents get a pet python. they actually become friends (heh heh heh)
a childs pet python [ 0.6 mb ]

if you believe in creationism, then here you are. show off this proof to your friends. just don't forget your peanut butter.
proof of creationism [ 5 mb ]

Last edited by john; 04-13-2007 at 02:11 PM.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
sean.m06
Moved on

Smile

i have played the top game on another web site before but it didn't work but it works on gprime :)

and is that delivery one delivering a kiss? or am i wrong?

also my high score on death by hinge is 855212 but i used the cheat
my screen shot is off another time but its only a little but lower score

oh and i like that elevator movie lol

p.s sorry about the quality and the size of my screen it was too much memory for the forum
Attached Images
File Type: bmp gprime.bmp (96.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by sean.m06; 04-13-2007 at 02:34 PM.
sean.m06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
aaproductions

Tournaments Won: 1

Nice update :D.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
insan3
only with free cookies

Good update, I suck at that hinge game though
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Snow
19th President

I know you totally made this update just cuz it's my bday.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
robwasripped

How can a jar of peanut butter that's been man-made & protected from all sorts of rays like UV rays by the glass be proof against hundreds of years worth of experiments & evidence? Some people are very stupid. Same thing with religion - how can people let their lives revolve around the fact that an afterlife exists despite there being no reason for that other than a book & other people to tell them it exists who got their info from the same book? Hey, did you know there's a giant chocolate factory that makes magical sweets & is run by someone called willy wonka? Oh it's true, I read it in a book...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
raw

Default ...

Qwerty Warriors is the best game ever...

I've played it 3 times, once on easy and twice on Impossible. Here are my high scores, can any gprimers beat me?

Easy:
3. raw 81030 April 14, 2007

Impossible:
7. raw 16730 April 14, 2007
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
LostInTheRed

Cool Hinge

I also used the cheat. But I got 952397.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
melissasan

Yeah...peanut butter totally represents a microcosm of Earth over trillions of years. Their point is totally valid. When will people learn not to use pseudoscience to try to prove faith? That defeats the purpose sigh.

That part of the update was really disappointing...but man that qwerty game rocks my socks.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
Snow
19th President

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissasan View Post
Yeah...peanut butter totally represents a microcosm of Earth over trillions of years. Their point is totally valid. When will people learn not to use pseudoscience to try to prove faith? That defeats the purpose sigh.
That part of the update was really disappointing...but man that qwerty game rocks my socks.
It was meant to be a joke.

I'm pretty sure the video is real but it's completely absurd and everyone knows that.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #11
omar199

i got about 26,000 in impossible

lol @ python....freakin awesome

EDIT: 53,350

Last edited by omar199; 04-14-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: higher score
Old 04-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
sean.m06
Moved on

my score on impossible mode is 16,000 :( bad score
Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #13
Kel-E

I guess the people who made the peanut butter video failed science class miserably. People should know what the hell they're talking about before they go rambling about "proof."
Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #14
sean.m06
Moved on

yeh... (as most of you know i don't know a thing he said)
Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #15
Bonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel-E View Post
I guess the people who made the peanut butter video failed science class miserably. People should know what the hell they're talking about before they go rambling about "proof."
oh my personal favorite line, "life from no life without the bla bla bla religious god crap, is just a fairy tale"

um, ok, so an omnipotent being randomly creating a race of beings isn't a fairy tale ?

please, if there was a god, why are there people like that still alive, why are there people in control of large militaries that are complete and utter morons, evolution as a whole has stopped since it's frowned upon by religion to go kill off the weak and stupid.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
insan3
only with free cookies

my score on impossible is 53,230
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #17
Frankoman

GREAT! update. I loved the creationism thing, for thats what I've talked about, just not with peanut butter. If any of you Atheists out there are pissed because someone just prooved you wrong and can't believe it, look at how I trashed this poor man. Oh well.
Oh if I can get a screeny up, I've played that typing thing before and on normal got about 160k. I could go on that thing forever.
Quote:
How can a jar of peanut butter that's been man-made & protected from all sorts of rays like UV rays by the glass be proof against hundreds of years worth of experiments & evidence? Some people are very stupid. Same thing with religion - how can people let their lives revolve around the fact that an afterlife exists despite there being no reason for that other than a book & other people to tell them it exists who got their info from the same book? Hey, did you know there's a giant chocolate factory that makes magical sweets & is run by someone called willy wonka? Oh it's true, I read it in a book...
ha there are so many ways I could beat you in an argument.
Firstly, we didn't have an Ozone when man was supposed to be created, so man should be burnt up. Secondly, the earth was created by astroids that colided at the PERFECT time at the perfect angle with the perfect tempature which is almost imposable because astroids colide alot beond the moon. But since it was created from three giant rocks that formed lava, then atmosphere, then life all from nothing? Impossable.
Secondly, The Bible is the only book to survive since the death of christ. So many other powerful books were destroyed. If Jesus never came down why would people be Chatholic? There weren't any before the Birth of Christ. Now if your thinking about the Davinci code or that he was just another regular guy, then why would people follow him and the Davinci code was just a story.
Thirdly, Your an idiot. Are you depressed? Or are you generally happy, have alot of money, lots of friends, not going to lie about the answer, and have little to no enemies? I do. I follow god and get what I want and am protected. Maybe you can try too. Santain wants you alot, but your just going to die and go to a worse place.
Fourthly, I love arguing, and since I go to an emo school, I got so much more to say, and can beat you no matter what you try and throw at me. I got GOD.
Finally, I hope your not offended. You really are a nice person. I hope you have a nice day my friend :)

Last edited by Frankoman; 04-14-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankoman View Post
There weren't any before the Birth of Christ.
there actually were.
except they weren't known as catholics,,
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #19
Coldin
g-user

Frankoman, whoever you I have got to say I am impressed by not only your ignorance, but how confident you seem in the points you are making.

I, myself am not an Antheist, I consider myself Christian, I'm just not your typical Christian. I, myself believe that life EVOLVED, as countless tests and evidence has proven.

Nearly everything in your post regarding science is complete crap.
Quote:
Firstly, we didn't have an Ozone when man was supposed to be created
Honestly, all I have to say is...WHAT? Where do you think you are getting THAT information from? Completely untrue, sure LIFE may have exsisted without and atmosphere but not MAN.

Honestly, I see this way to much. Kids think that they can discount science and not care about learning anything about the world around them because they are afraid that if they don't see some magical holy power as essence of exsistence and find an atom, that it disproves their religion. If your FAITH is so strong, it really wouldn't bother you so much.

Maybe before trying to argue AGAINST science, you should learn some more about it. This disgusting display was also placed in the video, the penut butter example was the equivilent of saying that, if you placed a cover on the hole in a golf course, blindfolded yourself, spun around, and teed off, and the ball didn't go in, that it is impossible for the ball to ever go in the hole....

Quote:
then atmosphere, then life all from nothing? Impossable.
This kind of close-mindedness to grasp a concept outside of your own miniscule expeirence of the way the world around you works, that will hold you back from expanding your mind, probably for the rest of your life.

If you are so smart tell me why if all of the peices that require life are in place, that life wouldn't form?

Last edited by Coldin; 04-15-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Coldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
0r4ng3

hey, just wanted to point out...DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PRESERVATIVES THEY PUT INTO MOST OF OUR FOOD?! nothing would ever survive that!! plus the energy from a light bulb while sitting on a grocery shelf is completely different than a bolt of lightning or what not....
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #21
omar199

thread forecast: unending 'religion vs science' argument

recommendation: close thread?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #22
R0yce

Nice Update I Got About 51,000 on that game the i quit cus it was jsut plain boring :P

And and penut butter... WTF its one of the fowlest foods ever made....and to put you al lstraight even if we know our origin what will it do? you'll still carry on with your "normal" lives... + religion is just something to cheer all of us up about death eg "there is an after life where nothing hurst and chocolate flows like rivers..." and on the other hand "IF You Steal You Will Go To HELL!!!!" If You Get Me..

Good Day To You All :)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #23
Frankoman

Don't close the thread yet... This is fun and educational. Now people can see two sides of the story!
Quote:
Frankoman, whoever you I have got to say I am impressed by not only your ignorance, but how confident you seem in the points you are making.
Thankyou. In school all they do is push evolution from 8th grade to 12th and college. Me being a man of faith and having studied both evolution and the bible, hope i can make my points clear in the most simple of terms.
Quote:
I, myself am not an Antheist, I consider myself Christian, I'm just not your typical Christian. I, myself believe that life EVOLVED, as countless tests and evidence has proven.
That is reasonable, but evolution hasnít been proven. If it was proven it wouldn't be the "Theory of evolution". In reality, my CCD teacher made a good point saying that it wasn't even a theory, but a hypothesis. Just because we have found skulls of animals that are probably extinct that were similar to monkies and humans, doesn't mean we are them. If life evolved and the first human civilizations were from Mesopotamia so long ago, how come there was no evolving from then? Look at the early forms of paintings, or even the renaissance paintings. Why haven't humans continued evolving?
Quote:
Nearly everything in your post regarding science is complete crap.
Honestly, all I have to say is...WHAT? Where do you think you are getting THAT information from? Completely untrue, sure LIFE may have existed without and atmosphere but not MAN.
Tell that to my science teachers who have been telling me the same thing over and over. But as I stated before, how could LIFE have started if three random meteors collided, then suddenly formed lava which created a permanent magma (core) and then created a livable environment, and out of nothing comes life, which is clearly something? And look at how complex the human body is. You can't say it was just created. There is way to much amazing things in our body.
Quote:
Honestly, I see this way to much. Kids think that they can discount science and not care about learning anything about the world around them because they are afraid that if they don't see some magical holy power as essence of existence and find an atom, that it disproves their religion. If your FAITH is so strong, it really wouldn't bother you so much.
Yeah i see it a lot too both that way and vise versa, but the difference is I am not a little kid. And youíre wrong with your last sentence. Thatís like saying "If you don't support abortion then it shouldn't bother you that people are doing it.
Quote:
Maybe before trying to argue AGAINST science, you should learn some more about it. This disgusting display was also placed in the video, the peanut butter example was the equivalent of saying that, if you placed a cover on the hole in a golf course, blindfolded yourself, spun around, and teed off, and the ball didn't go in, that it is impossible for the ball to ever go in the hole....
This kind of close-mindedness to grasp a concept outside of your own miniscule experience of the way the world around you works, that will hold you back from expanding your mind, probably for the rest of your life.
As I said before, I have studied in many fields of Science, and had two required honors classes that dealed with evolution.
And if your Science faith was so strong, why does it bother you that they used the peanut butter? But really the Peanut butter is a great example. Your little golf ball anatomy is... really nothing good, just another way to pull people in the wrong direction, like science says with killing a fetus at 4 weeks old it isn't alive. I can prove it is alive if you want.
Quote:
f you are so smart tell me why if all of the pieces that require life are in place, that life wouldn't form?
your question doesn't make sense. Firstly, how did all these pieces come into place? Secondly, how could a fish turn to a monkey then to a human? Answer those to impress me. But just to make it harder.
If you dissect a fish, and if you don't think fish is right even though science says FISH, take a tadpole, and dissect it, is nowhere near as complex as the human anatomy. Same with monkies.
Well as I said you seem like a really cool guy so donít take any of our arguing personally like everyone at our school does.*Sigh* Kids. They hear something that could turn down what they believe and they flip. When I loose an argument I donít flip out, I take it in as more experience for me and hope the arguer gets congratulated.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #24
TellusTruth

Default one Word.

I have one question to your whole belief of creationism.
Where do fossils fit into your little bubble of "poof" existence?
The bible is a book made by Man. Powerful, intelligent, wise, men yes, but men.
To be blinded into an absolute following of Christ because they tell you what you are reading means, is not what Christ wanted. Remember Christianity is not forced it is chosen, taught, deliberated, celebrated. To say that because your "faith" is strong willed means that your supposed to deliberate, means that your not sure. The truth is what you believe it to be. Hell, take it in stride that you know something we do not and understand something we do not understand.
That and evolution just celebrates our past. We made it, our fathers killed, hunted, worked. Our mothers raised, taught, and suffered. We are the best the survivors of life. you maybe right that we are all created by a greater power but what got us here is our past and you can not deny that you are here because your ancestors evolved, adapted to the world. Remember even religion was created and evolved.
Good day to you.
P.S. my peanut butter evolved to energy. Who would of thunk it.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
Dutchdude

Default OK Update

I tried the cheat for the hinge game...Don't know about y'all, but when I right-click, a little menu pops up and the guy goes SPLAT.Help!.

Also, about the whole peanut-butter-proves-Creationism thing, I agree that didn't make any sense. I don't see why the guy bothered to make a useless claim like that. Don't let that guy be a stereotype for all Creationists.

Creationism is a legitimate theory with legitimate evidence. Some evidence comes from the Bible (a book written by men who were inspired by God, so the Bible contains the words of God Himself, though written down indirectly). Scientific Evidence for Creationism (and/or Young Earth):

-If the volcanoes around today always produced lava at the same rate for 4.5 billion years, the lava would be equivalent to the size of the earth

-Human Population Statistics showing that there are about 6 billion people in the world are consistent with there being 8 people (the survivors of the biblical Flood) a few thousand years ago. If man evolved a million years ago, we should have about 1 followed by 27,000 0's people on earth

There's plenty more if I had time.

Check out http://www.creationism.org/genesis.htm
=====
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellusTruth View Post
I have one question to your whole belief of creationism.
Where do fossils fit into your little bubble of "poof" existence?
The bible is a book made by Man. Powerful, intelligent, wise, men yes, but men.
To be blinded into an absolute following of Christ because they tell you what you are reading means, is not what Christ wanted. Remember Christianity is not forced it is chosen, taught, deliberated, celebrated. To say that because your "faith" is strong willed means that your supposed to deliberate, means that your not sure. The truth is what you believe it to be. Hell, take it in stride that you know something we do not and understand something we do not understand.
That and evolution just celebrates our past. We made it, our fathers killed, hunted, worked. Our mothers raised, taught, and suffered. We are the best the survivors of life. you maybe right that we are all created by a greater power but what got us here is our past and you can not deny that you are here because your ancestors evolved, adapted to the world. Remember even religion was created and evolved.
Good day to you.
P.S. my peanut butter evolved to energy. Who would of thunk it.
Animals were fossilized instantly by massive amounts of water that covered the whole earth (according to the biblical account). This is supported by finding whale fossils on top of mountains and trees fossilized upside-down.

Is it true that "truth is what you believe it to be" or not? Answer carefully...

Last edited by Dutchdude; 04-15-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost