Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Microsoft

Microsoft Discussion of Microsoft console gaming products

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default is the 360 going to be another dreamcast

since the 360 is being released early like the dreamcast was, does anyone else think that the 360 might go the way of the blue hedgehog(be awsome but fail due to no one buying the system).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
God
2 Points
 

Default

The fan-base for X-Box is too big. The only reason people might not buy it is because it might cost too much.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Charles rules you all!
My kitty
 

Default

I agree with GEOman
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Tishiablo
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

I thought that they confirmed it to be $300? Or was it $400?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
mentalskater
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

either way, i don't have that kind of money... poor crazy me
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:05 AM   #6
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

it better be 300 or they arnt gunna beat the ps3
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #7
trevorXkillyou
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

dreamcast didnt fail due to people not buying the system, it died because the games were in cd's and anyones grandmother could make copies of the games. and if be like dreamcast, you mean be ****ing amazing before the next wave of systems, and still be better than the next 2 sony systems, then yes. personally id take a dreamcast over a ps2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorXkillyou
dreamcast didnt fail due to people not buying the system, it died because the games were in cd's and anyones grandmother could make copies of the games. and if be like dreamcast, you mean be ****ing amazing before the next wave of systems, and still be better than the next 2 sony systems, then yes. personally id take a dreamcast over a ps2.
Actually, You're wrong. The only games that can not be easily copied are Gamecube games. PS2 disks are just DVDs. Xbox disks are the same. The reason Dreamcast failed had to do with the SEGA Saturn doing so poorly and people having little faith in SEGA. Also it was too good for it's time. Compare the Dreamcast to N64. Better graphics, better games, online play.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
trs_GorG
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

The XBox uses dual layered DVD's, which are around 30 bucks each! I'd rather pay 20 bucks extra to get the game with the kickass case and whomping XBox Live capability.

+ the fact that its not possible for it to run on the XBox, which runs DVD-Rom's only. You can't make DVD-Roms, they are the ones that are burned using a literal laser, which cost over 10 million each!
Hell, only one version of the XBox reads Burned CD's
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs_GorG
The XBox uses dual layered DVD's, which are around 30 bucks each! I'd rather pay 20 bucks extra to get the game with the kickass case and whomping XBox Live capability.

+ the fact that its not possible for it to run on the XBox, which runs DVD-Rom's only. You can't make DVD-Roms, they are the ones that are burned using a literal laser, which cost over 10 million each!
Hell, only one version of the XBox reads Burned CD's
wow this guy knows nothing no xbox game has used a dual layered disk yet. gt4 has but thats ps2. and i dont think they sell dual layer burners yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #11
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
wow this guy knows nothing no xbox game has used a dual layered disk yet. gt4 has but thats ps2. and i dont think they sell dual layer burners yet.
You're wrong. Dual layer burners have been out for months.

"Create DVDs: Click to DVDô software and a DVD+R double layer/DVD+/-RW drive let you create DVDs with a click. Create or record up to 8.5GB of home videos, movies, TV shows, music or photos on one double-layer DVD disc. When this drive is busy, use the DVD-ROM drive to run software or play your favorite movies."
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #12
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27
You're wrong. Dual layer burners have been out for months.

"Create DVDs: Click to DVDô software and a DVD+R double layer/DVD+/-RW drive let you create DVDs with a click. Create or record up to 8.5GB of home videos, movies, TV shows, music or photos on one double-layer DVD disc. When this drive is busy, use the DVD-ROM drive to run software or play your favorite movies."
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do
yea that y i said i dont think but know that there are no relly popular dual layer games for xbox. oh and xbox is so easy to get free games for, just put them on the hardrive duh
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #13
isharted
g-minion
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
yea that y i said i dont think but know that there are no relly popular dual layer games for xbox. oh and xbox is so easy to get free games for, just put them on the hardrive duh
halo 2 is dual layer
most xbox games are less than 4.5 GB, so they can be put on a single layer disk, but (from what i've seen) about 10% of xbox games need more than 4.5 GB, so they are on dual layer disks.
any xbox game can be copied to a DVD-R....if the size is greater than 4.5GB, you need a dual layer DVD-R. However, these DVD-R games can only be played with a modded xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishiablo
I thought that they confirmed it to be $300? Or was it $400?
the unofficial total is $299, that is the price that Microsoft has been aiming for, but they won't know for sure until they have the product 100% finalized and ready to ship.
the ps3, on the other hand, is going to be rediculously expensive, they are talking $450+

Last edited by isharted; 07-27-2005 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
isharted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #14
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
yea that y i said i dont think but know that there are no relly popular dual layer games for xbox. oh and xbox is so easy to get free games for, just put them on the hardrive duh
I don't think they have dual layer disks for Xbox, but my point was, they are out.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #15
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

relly if halo2 is dual layer then where is the convertion loading screen for when it switches layers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:48 AM   #16
gwia
Aussie Philosophy
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isharted
the unofficial total is $299, that is the price that Microsoft has been aiming for, but they won't know for sure until they have the product 100% finalized and ready to ship.
the ps3, on the other hand, is going to be rediculously expensive, they are talking $450+
and that is why sony will fail next generation two cheap consoles versus one redicioulisly expensive console
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #17
God
2 Points
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
and that is why sony will fail next generation two cheap consoles versus one redicioulisly expensive console
No, it's why people have jobs. Ever heard of one?
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
trevorXkillyou
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

whether you have a job or not, 450 bucks is alot to play the next grand theft auto game with a boomerang dildo. i make 15 an hour and cant justify spending that much on a ps3.

oh, and i have 2 dual layer burners.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 AM   #19
Dan the Ninja Pirate
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorXkillyou
whether you have a job or not, 450 bucks is alot to play the next grand theft auto game with a boomerang dildo. i make 15 an hour and cant justify spending that much on a ps3.

oh, and i have 2 dual layer burners.
Lol i agree, the controller is completely retarded so i'll just convince my brother to get it and ill play it when he isn't here :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #20
terrelbot
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorXkillyou
whether you have a job or not, 450 bucks is alot to play the next grand theft auto game with a boomerang dildo. i make 15 an hour and cant justify spending that much on a ps3.

oh, and i have 2 dual layer burners.
The PS3 is supposed to be more than a game system. You will be buying the PS3 to use it more than play grand theft auto.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #21
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

I think that Xbox has been jacking GTA from Ps2 a whole mess...I mean everytime Rockstar makes a GTA game for the PS it goes onto the Xbox for some strange reason.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #22
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi
I think that Xbox has been jacking GTA from Ps2 a whole mess...I mean everytime Rockstar makes a GTA game for the PS it goes onto the Xbox for some strange reason.
That strange reason is what keeps Rockstar in business. It's called money, ever heard of it?
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #23
isharted
g-minion
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
relly if halo2 is dual layer then where is the convertion loading screen for when it switches layers.
where do you get your info from?
there is no need for a "conversion loading screen"
go download halo 2 right now and try to burn it to a single layer disc, you'll notice that there is a DVD9 version (dual layer) and a DVD5 version (single layer)
the DVD5 version is halo 2, but modders reduced the size of video files on the DVD9 disc that you purchase in stores.

proof:
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3351842
read the instructions about how to make it a single layer disc
isharted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #24
TheSilentOne
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

The only new generation console to go for will be the N5, i mean its small, cheaper, got pretty cool graphics and is it looks cool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:26 PM   #25
foulplay
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isharted
where do you get your info from?
there is no need for a "conversion loading screen"
go download halo 2 right now and try to burn it to a single layer disc, you'll notice that there is a DVD9 version (dual layer) and a DVD5 version (single layer)
the DVD5 version is halo 2, but modders reduced the size of video files on the DVD9 disc that you purchase in stores.

proof:
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3351842
read the instructions about how to make it a single layer disc
you can get dual layer dvds as well, about 4-7 bucks a pop.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First system you ever had... bagel head General game discussion 24 07-22-2005 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net