Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #51
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

i disagree
ive been studying persuasive language and i have found that there are more ways to prove a point than just hard evidence.....
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #52
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Punching people is my favorite method, but none of you are within punching range. So I'm forced to act rationally.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #53
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeoLongshire View Post
Maybe Napalm just has too much free time and is able to look these things up? If I had such sources, people wouldn't constantly be trying to prove me wrong. After all, I am working off the top of my head.
So am I, you're forcing me to find sources to prove my point. Welcome to the realm of research papers, I hope you've written one.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #54
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussa View Post
i disagree
ive been studying persuasive language and i have found that there are more ways to prove a point than just hard evidence.....
You mean the other irrational ways? I meant to prove a point rationally not irrationally. If you're talking about threatening someone or scaring someone into agreeing with you then I guess those are other methods that work. Other than that, if you want to be uncivilized enough to use that method all the time to prove a point then be my guest...I can't stop you from that.
Quote:
Punching people is my favorite method, but none of you are within punching range. So I'm forced to act rationally.
Thank you for speaking your mind to us...but we're not your friends or supporters so I don't think we can sympathize with you on that.

Last edited by Drunken_Shinobi; 06-05-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #55
Natus Lumen
Banned

Watch Law and Order. They show off some serious skills in proving things with little evidence. HAHA NOT! I hate William Shatner...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #56
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

I didn't say anything about using a little evidence will not prove anything. I said that one should research sources or "evidence" to prove his/her point in a debate. Having no evidence in a debate just makes debating more difficult for that person.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #57
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
You mean the other irrational ways? I meant to prove a point rationally not irrationally. If you're talking about threatening someone or scaring someone into agreeing with you then I guess those are other methods that work. Other than that, if you want to be uncivilized enough to use that method all the time to prove a point then be my guest...I can't stop you from that.
Thank you for speaking your mind to us...but we're not your friends or supporters so I don't think we can sympathize with you on that.
what i mean is that you can write a pharagraph that dosent even contain evidence of any real form. as long as you use persuasive language (not death threats)
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #58
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I didn't say anything about using a little evidence will not prove anything. I said that one should research sources or "evidence" to prove his/her point in a debate. Having no evidence in a debate just makes debating more difficult for that person.
"Difficult"="Challenging"="Fun"

I find research to be too tedious. I only research for serious debating. Usually, what I know is adequate.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #59
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
"Difficult"="Challenging"="Fun"

I find research to be too tedious. I only research for serious debating. Usually, what I know is adequate.
Not in this case.
Closed Thread