Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #51
gussa
The Little Colon Angel
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

i disagree
ive been studying persuasive language and i have found that there are more ways to prove a point than just hard evidence.....
gussa is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #52
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

Punching people is my favorite method, but none of you are within punching range. So I'm forced to act rationally.
Dudeo is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #53
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeoLongshire View Post
Maybe Napalm just has too much free time and is able to look these things up? If I had such sources, people wouldn't constantly be trying to prove me wrong. After all, I am working off the top of my head.
So am I, you're forcing me to find sources to prove my point. Welcome to the realm of research papers, I hope you've written one.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #54
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussa View Post
i disagree
ive been studying persuasive language and i have found that there are more ways to prove a point than just hard evidence.....
You mean the other irrational ways? I meant to prove a point rationally not irrationally. If you're talking about threatening someone or scaring someone into agreeing with you then I guess those are other methods that work. Other than that, if you want to be uncivilized enough to use that method all the time to prove a point then be my guest...I can't stop you from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeoLongshire View Post
Punching people is my favorite method, but none of you are within punching range. So I'm forced to act rationally.
Thank you for speaking your mind to us...but we're not your friends or supporters so I don't think we can sympathize with you on that.

Last edited by Drunken_Shinobi; 06-05-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #55
Natus Lumen
Banned
 

Default

Watch Law and Order. They show off some serious skills in proving things with little evidence. HAHA NOT! I hate William Shatner...
Natus Lumen is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #56
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

I didn't say anything about using a little evidence will not prove anything. I said that one should research sources or "evidence" to prove his/her point in a debate. Having no evidence in a debate just makes debating more difficult for that person.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #57
gussa
The Little Colon Angel
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
You mean the other irrational ways? I meant to prove a point rationally not irrationally. If you're talking about threatening someone or scaring someone into agreeing with you then I guess those are other methods that work. Other than that, if you want to be uncivilized enough to use that method all the time to prove a point then be my guest...I can't stop you from that.
Thank you for speaking your mind to us...but we're not your friends or supporters so I don't think we can sympathize with you on that.
what i mean is that you can write a pharagraph that dosent even contain evidence of any real form. as long as you use persuasive language (not death threats)
gussa is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #58
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I didn't say anything about using a little evidence will not prove anything. I said that one should research sources or "evidence" to prove his/her point in a debate. Having no evidence in a debate just makes debating more difficult for that person.
"Difficult"="Challenging"="Fun"

I find research to be too tedious. I only research for serious debating. Usually, what I know is adequate.
Dudeo is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #59
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeoLongshire View Post
"Difficult"="Challenging"="Fun"

I find research to be too tedious. I only research for serious debating. Usually, what I know is adequate.
Not in this case.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net