Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Movies

Movies Submit your movies here (avi/mpg/wmv/whatever)

Old 01-17-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
Sellitus

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Awesome Sparkler Bomb Video

Hey guys, I've been looking at the videos and content of this site for a while now, and thought it would be cool to see one of my own on here. My friends and I made a huge sparkler bomb and blew it up, it's completely awesome. Hope you guys like it, and I hope it gets posted. :)

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/299168...Kenny.wmv.html

It's free hosting, so it takes about 40 seconds or so to start downloading.

EDIT: I'm the camera guy. I wasn't getting near that thing.

Last edited by Sellitus; 01-17-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 AM   #2
john
g-prime

Here is a local version (attachment).
Attached Files
File Type: wmv Super_Kenny.wmv (5.77 MB, 11912 views)
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
lacrosse22

Default howd u make that?>

was it just a shitload of sparklers wraped in duct tape???
Old 01-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
saxmahoney

lol, that's awesome. What I found really funny, was that I did something very similar. July 4, 2003, my mom was getting cranky and wanted to go inside early, but I still had about 75 or so sparklers that I wanted to use up. Sooo...I tied them together with a long piece of plastic wrap that came with another thing and stuck them in a mortar tube, but all of them were above the top.

I had no idea I was making a bomb, I figured it would just be "one big sparkler"...so I lit it and moved the lighter around to get the rest of the sparklers and the entire thing engulfed in flames nearly taking my head with it. It wasn't exactly "explosive" but as close as I was and the differing reaction from what was expected, it really made me jump. I was laughing my ass off afterwards...but my mom was even more pissed. Oh well, maybe next year...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
Sellitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmahoney
lol, that's awesome. What I found really funny, was that I did something very similar. July 4, 2003, my mom was getting cranky and wanted to go inside early, but I still had about 75 or so sparklers that I wanted to use up. Sooo...I tied them together with a long piece of plastic wrap that came with another thing and stuck them in a mortar tube, but all of them were above the top.

I had no idea I was making a bomb, I figured it would just be "one big sparkler"...so I lit it and moved the lighter around to get the rest of the sparklers and the entire thing engulfed in flames nearly taking my head with it. It wasn't exactly "explosive" but as close as I was and the differing reaction from what was expected, it really made me jump. I was laughing my ass off afterwards...but my mom was even more pissed. Oh well, maybe next year...
LOL, i'm glad you didn't get hurt, that could have been fatal or extremely painful.

Yeah, it was just a buncha sparklers wrapped up in duct tape, but you have to do it right or a buncha shit could happen, like what happened in the video. Anyway, it's a felony and right after we blew that thing up we almost got arrested and put straight in jail. The police got calls from a 3 mile radius about it, and people that were closer by said it rattled their windows. The video sound doesn't really do justice to how loud that was, and how powerful. I could feel it when it exploded, all over. It was bad ass to say the least, lol. Burying it in the ground just made it bigger.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
kewmat

yeah, i've had bad experiences as a child with explosions and fire... with my luck, i would have blown a limb right off, gauranteed. or maybe ended up lookin like this guy -
Old 01-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
lacrosse22

Default what stuff to u have to do

haha, sorry to say, im definately doing this, but what cuations do u have regarding these tihngs, anything that i should do specifically not to blow myself up
Old 01-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #8
Sellitus

Yeah, wrap it tight, or it just plain won't work. Make sure you take one of the middle sparklers and pull it out really far, and don't put tape around too high on the fuse, or what happened in the video will happen to you. Make sure the thing is wrapped tight, again, or it'll just shoot out one end or something like that. Oh yeah, and even if you do it perfect, sometimes they just plain won't work, so if one's a dud, just make another. You'll get it. Start small so you don't waste a buncha sparklers first try.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #9
Flyinpancake

Post I wanna!

I like the last thing you guys say in the video and you say it so calmly "oh yea i thoght he was dead..."
sorry bout the speeling mistakes but OMG that WAS great...
tempted....
tempted....
*Runs out side*
Old 01-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #10
westie

That video of the sparkler bomb was very cool and so was the music that was playing when the guy was trying to light it, what was the music that was playing?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:49 AM   #11
Sellitus

Some crappy Slipknot song from their newer album. The only reason I chose it was because it was the only thing I could think of at the time that slowly built up.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:16 AM   #12
mad_as_dude100

Talking dude that was huge

geez dude that was massive!
i recently made a lil sparkler bomb but it is a quarter of the size of dat thing!!!!

mine is a basic 2 coke cap bomb.
if u wona no how 2 make em ill tell ya:::

1st get 2 coke bottle caps, a bunch of sparklers.
drill a hole in 1 of the caps, shred the gunpowder of the sparklers in2 the cap with out the hole, tape the caps 2getha, stick another sparkler through the hole and lite the top of it. it will light like a normal sparkler then when it hits the bottle caps and the sparks get inside caboom!u get a tiny explosion!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:59 PM   #13
diet poop
I'm a unicorn!

I LOVE FIRE AND BOMBS!!!! IM DEFINITLY MAKING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... umm...!!!
diet poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #14
poopflsh

Default You guys will like this one if you like the sparkler deal...Tell me what you think.

Hey guys tell me what you think?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #15
treefalse
Super-Tree

Think of what?
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #16
rkfrk

Exclamation My Sparkler Rocket Car

this thing scared the **** out of me
especialy since i was holdin the camera

this thing scared the **** out of me
especialy since i was holdin the camera
it was dark out so just keep watchin
Attached Files
File Type: avi My Rocket Car.avi (1.49 MB, 95 views)
File Type: avi My Comentary After The Rocket Car.avi (729.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by rkfrk; 01-02-2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #17
treefalse
Super-Tree

You make a crappy camera man, rkfrk. :p
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #18
rolf hunt

I made a sparkaler bomb one time except it whas in a air tite sphere and i made a larg hole tee hee

i cannot watch eny of the videos it just asks me if i lost the file or deleted it

whatch this video and that is how i feel

this ^$&%*** stinks now that does not work
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg castin1.mpeg (1.06 MB, 53 views)

Last edited by rolf hunt; 01-03-2006 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2006, 06:56 PM   #19
trygid

..I made heaps of sparklers bombs in different ways and trust me these ways rock.

Puting them into a skinny but long aluminium pipe worked wonders and that big explosion of sparks was even higher than my house..

anyway.

Heres an awesome compilation of what I made. :)

Some parts look like it's a flame thrower coming out of a small pipe...
Attached Files
File Type: wmv Fun With Fire.wmv (2.66 MB, 75 views)
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 AM   #20
downesy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Here is a local version (attachment).
How do you open the attachments when i click on them i get a .php file downloading not a .wmv can some1 help me out.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
Bosman310

man that guys is retarded i would detonate it with an estes roket detinator..