Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

Old 02-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #51
Stokes

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanks for the pic, fatlicker101. I can finally see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
wow. its pretty much the exact same size. definetly not a breakthough of any kind. it looks like its just trying to make money from the same product.
They're not charging much more for it. Japanese figures suggest a $10 to $20 difference from the original DS price. And considering the modification they made to the hardware, I'd say they're not making a huge profit.

And it IS quite a bit smaller, especially in the thickness area. And much more sleek-looking. And the uber-bright backlight is also a plus, not to mention the dimmer for in-the-dark play. And it's lighter...meh.

Last edited by Stokes; 02-16-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #52
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes
Thanks for the pic, fatlicker101. I can finally see the difference.

They're not charging much more for it. Japanese figures suggest a $10 to $20 difference from the original DS price. And considering the modification they made to the hardware, I'd say they're not making a huge profit.

And it IS quite a bit smaller, especially in the thickness area. And much more sleek-looking. And the uber-bright backlight is also a plus, not to mention the dimmer for in-the-dark play. And it's lighter...meh.
also considering the fact that they cost $50 to make, and that they're selling the exact same product, with no major money-consuming engineering changes. im sure they're making very little profit. FYI. companies sell stuff to make money.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #53
Stokes

Quote:
also considering the fact that they cost $50 to make,
And you have proof of this?

Quote:
they're selling the exact same product, with no major money-consuming engineering changes. im sure they're making very little profit. FYI. companies sell stuff to make money.
If it was so easy for them to make it smaller, they would have done it in the first place.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #54
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
And you have proof of this?

If it was so easy for them to make it smaller, they would have done it in the first place.
to make money. just about everything ive said is covered in this article.

http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEZuAypVuTuOJPzyb.php
Old 02-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #55
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Like everyone else...I don't see a freakin diffrence in this. I'm better off just spending my money on the other DS rather than that one.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:03 AM   #56
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I'm not upgrading because that is a waste of money
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #57
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

Quote:

what are you talking about? the GBA stayed pretty much the same size thought its existence.

But lost weight.
A lot of weight
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #58
terrelbot

Quote:
also considering the fact that they cost $50 to make, and that they're selling the exact same product, with no major money-consuming engineering changes. im sure they're making very little profit. FYI. companies sell stuff to make money.
Obviously you didn't read a majority of the articles on the ds lite. the new nds will be able to run a opera browser to sruf the web, and will be able to do TV out for their games.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #59
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrelbot
Obviously you didn't read a majority of the articles on the ds lite. the new nds will be able to run a opera browser to sruf the web, and will be able to do TV out for their games.
you obviosly havent been up on things. the normal DS can do all that anyways.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/611/611384p1.html
http://nintendo.about.com/od/industr...ndoDSmovie.htm

you should be sure of what you are saying before you come and criticize me.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #60
Stokes

Quote:
to make money. just about everything ive said is covered in this article.

http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEZuAypVuTuOJPzyb.php
Agh...long read. Nothing I hate more than long reads to prove a very simple point that really isn't relevant...

I realize that companies do things to make money. No need to post a 10-pager on it.

The best part of that article was the clarity of just how much profit Microsoft is making in the gaming industry.

What's funny is that Microsoft doesn't really seem to be interested in making money in the video game industry...at all. Perhaps they plan to (illegally) monopolize the industry and then force us gamers to buy cheaply-made cloned games at outrageously high prices?

Just a guess...

Last edited by Stokes; 02-18-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #61
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Agh...long read. Nothing I hate more than long reads to prove a very simple point that really isn't relevant...

I realize that companies do things to make money. No need to post a 10-pager on it. What's funny, while we're on the subject, is that Microsoft doesn't really seem to be interested in making money in the video game industry...at all. Perhaps they plan to (illegally) monopolize the industry and then force us gamers to buy cheaply-made cloned games at outrageously high prices?

Just a guess...
Then don't buy their stuff; problem solved.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #62
Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27
Then don't buy their stuff; problem solved.
Tell that to the rest of the world...I'm already pretty Nintendo-hardcore.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:21 AM   #63
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Tell that to the rest of the world...I'm already pretty Nintendo-hardcore.
you should broaden your horizons, people like you become "fanboys" after a while if you dont know anything else.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #64
Stokes

Quote:
you should broaden your horizons, people like you become "fanboys" after a while if you dont know anything else.
Oh, don't worry. I've decided a long time ago I wasn't going to become a fanboy.

Oh, and did I mention that Nintendo is the best company ever? Like, hands down, no contest!

Old 02-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #65
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Oh, don't worry. I've decided a long time ago I wasn't going to become a fanboy.

Oh, and did I mention that Nintendo is the best company ever? Like, hands down, no contest!

thats nice.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #66
NOWAK
Rave on guys

lik sang
NOWAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #67
MRLIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_jedi
Why didn't you just go to a store and pocket it?
thats an adolecent cleptitic thing to do. hes probably honets. whereas your not and cant be trusted!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #68
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlicker101
lik sang
i hate that site.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #69
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlicker101
who cares what it looks like next to a Gameboy Advance SP
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #70
MRLIN

Ktjsrhomm 5noi959bm.,hghh Lol
Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #71
NOWAK
Rave on guys

your a fag
NOWAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #72
uber_jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRLIN
thats an adolecent cleptitic thing to do. hes probably honets. whereas your not and cant be trusted!
Just to correct an idiot:
That's or That is
adolescent
kleptic
he's
or he is
honest
Whereas,
you're
or you are
can't

Out of all the people in Gprime, I like you the least and hate you the most.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #73
mentalskater

I really hate it when people freak out over spelling, so immature...

Game companies used to upgrade their systems to make it cheaper for themselves(they still do), by using cheaper parts that work the same, they basically have a slightly more efficient system without any more fanfare, but someone(not sure who) came up with the idea of changing their original system dramatically and selling it for more so that people would consider going back out and buying it...

the old systems would go down in price for a couple reasons, cheaper more efficient parts, more game sales, accessory sales, and basically anything else that increased their profit... but like I said, the game companies didnt say, "we have the same system that is cheaper and runs slightly better, so go out and buy it again!!!" But now they got smart and figured out people will buy stuff, as long as there is enough extra junk to make it worth it...

I think that unless you plan on buying you first ds or you seriously need to replace your ds because it no longer functions, dont buy the ds lite... there is no real reason to buy it if you own a ds already or if you have no interest in the ds at all(duh!).

If the ds lite seriously does surf the net, I would buy it, because the ds can NOT surf the internet, only connect so that online multiplayer is possible... that and I own a ds at this point in time...

if someone has irrefutable proof that the ds lite can SURF the net, let me know... cause I dont want to go find it...
Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #74
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

You also aren't taking into account, that after awhile the manufacturing process gets better, and the Wafers often have higher chip yields. This is usually a bigger deal on desktop Processors and videocards, but it can apply to consoles and handhelds too.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 AM   #75
Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalskater
If the ds lite seriously does surf the net, I would buy it, because the ds can NOT surf the internet, only connect so that online multiplayer is possible... that and I own a ds at this point in time...

if someone has irrefutable proof that the ds lite can SURF the net, let me know... cause I dont want to go find it...
Rumor.

Don't believe things you hear on message boards unless they're backed by believable sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
who cares what it looks like next to a Gameboy Advance SP
*raises hand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_jedi
Why didn't you just go to a store and pocket it?
*coughblackcough*

Last edited by Stokes; 02-27-2006 at 09:43 AM.