Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

Old 05-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Default Nintendo Revolution

I found an article about the new nintendo system on nintendo.com

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

Last edited by treefalse; 11-03-2005 at 08:04 PM.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
isharted
g-minion

great move on Nintendo's part to use full size discs and the Internet. it's good to be unique, but it shouldn't hold the system back like the gamecube. i hope the revolution is a good seller
isharted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
bagel head

Tournaments Won: 1

NINTENDO RULES!!!!!!Sony Drools...
Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
treefalse
Super-Tree

AWSOME! WIRELESS INTERNET!

Last edited by treefalse; 05-20-2005 at 09:05 AM.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
Orange_Nose

this is really pathetic....
Old 05-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
bagel head

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefalse
AWSOME! WIRELESS INTERNET!

If it were Sony coming out with this, I might have been just excited.
Sony did come out with it.....
on PSP.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #7
TLM_72

Default Please People

STOP IT!!!!!

you people make me sick with yur little flame war here.

Now, this 'Revoultion' sounds pretty cool, but im happy with my DS. But it sounds cool.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
treefalse
Super-Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel head
Sony did come out with it.....
on PSP.
O ya... Forget I said it.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Hmmmm...Nintendo claims to be the worlds leading video game innovater, but that is a total falsehood:
1. Backwards compatibilty was first done with PS2, which play PS2 and PSX games.
2. Horizontal and vertical stand. Also done by PS2.
3. Sony is currently the dominating force in the video game industry.
The only original thing they did is the DS, but that doesn't count because it sucks.

Actually, it's kinda funny...Playstation was originally a co-op project between Nintendo and Sony. If only Nintendo realized how big of a success it would've been BEFORE they pulled out.
Hehehehe...
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 AM   #10
isharted
g-minion

i can't wait to see pictures of this new nintendo console.....anyone see any pictures, or maybe prototypes?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #11
john
g-prime

Nintendo has kept their lips sealed pretty well. No leaks that I've heard of, so far.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, they present at e3 first thing tomorrow morning, so I'm sure we'll get a glimpse at it then.

EDIT:

Well.. I guess it's technically *this* morning ;)
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #12
flip dude

cool i want to see what it looks like
Old 05-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #13
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I seriously doubt that this is a real pic, but...
These are supposed controllers for the Revolution, one for each hand. Thats really, really weird. It'd be kinda neat though...for people who jerk around and get into their games, this might be the greatest controller ever.
But I still think it's fake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1252683260425672.jpg (16.1 KB, 1209 views)
Old 05-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #14
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Look how kewl the revolution is
Old 05-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #15
flip dude

looks like a futuristic version of PS2
Old 05-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #16
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

bUT BETTER SEE that white thing you put it in there and you can take it out and stuff kewl huh
Old 05-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #17
Wahlum

i really hope those are the controlers. that would be so sweet.
im happy they finally decided to start making their systems look a little more mature.
I dont think any of them company's suck. As long as their all competting to make the best, ill always have something to play.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #18
isharted
g-minion

they sure have given a lot of hype to this "revolution of gaming"
a lot of people (like me) are expecting something very innovative
i hope whatever they are doing can live up to it

also, here's a video that was floating around a few days ago (we know for sure that it is a fake now)....pretty cool in my opinion

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000180043335/

edit: hehe, looks like they got their share of bandwidth use this month :P you can still see the video here

Last edited by isharted; 05-23-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #19
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I thionk that nintendo Revolution and Xbox 360 will sell better than PS3 beacus eof these reasons
1. all PLaystations and their games are similar
2. the PS3 controls look uncomfterbul and confusing
3. the PS3 is ugly and looks is a big part in the market
4. the XBox 360 and Revolution waited fro a big event to reveal it self creating more hype but the PS3 has just been floating around

So for these 4 reasons and many more the PS3 will be the worst selling in the next generation of gaming consoles adn Nintendo and microsoft will be the best mainly nintendo the best
Old 05-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #20
carrot boy

Talking

i cant wait for the Revolution, going to be absolutly amazing! also the brand new DS games and gamecube games look cool
Old 05-18-2005, 10:57 AM   #21
quadgameman

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
Look how kewl the revolution is
It looks cool but how big is it?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #22
Wahlum

i also herd they have already designed a new game boy. I dont know any thing about it thats just what i herd.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #23
Umaro

anyway...

I read an article in my newspaper that you would be able to download the older nintendo games (the NES, SNES, and N64 games are going to be up for downloading) and play them on the revolution. And by the way Ryu, the ps2 wasn't the first game system to be backwards compatible. That would be the Game Boy Color in 1998. and whalnut, they have unveiled the Game boy Micro. that will be the first game boy that no one will care about unless the big n cancels it and brings out a REAL game boy. like a all new one.

on a different note, who else can name systems that were backward compatible? it only counts if it predates the GBC.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:01 PM   #24
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Oh, you're right. GBC was before PS2.
Silly me.

I can think of one before that, another Nintendo thing. I don't know what it's called, but it was an expansion for the original NES, sorta. It allowed you to save any game you played, improved the graphics drive on the NES, and allowed it to play new games that they made.
But then Sega came out with Genesis. Nintendo canceled the expansion project and released SNES instead. The expansion thing is very, very rare, and considered a collector's item.
So, I don't know if that counts as backwards compatibilty, but it's a nice random bit of trivia none the less.

To Wahlum: I don't know about any new Game Boys...you may have heard of the "Portable Gamecube" though, or something like that. There is a random guy who is good with machines, and makes portable versions of home consoles for himself.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #25
blackice
Administrator

Game Boy Micro
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote