Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Images

Images Image submissions here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #26
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

nice job(i see you have decided to not put stock on gun)
i too love ray tracing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #27
rehabisforquitters
hey hey
 

Default

Yeah, as a test I just quickly made this to *Drools* test raytracing.

==============================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman310
nice job(i see you have decided to not put stock on gun)
i too love ray tracing.
no, it's just a different model. That gun isn't an AK. Ask Desaa, he's the one who told me this.

Last edited by rehabisforquitters; 05-16-2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #28
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

i meant for it to be an AK, i just didnt put a stock on it. What is it without a stock?
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:35 PM   #29
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

i forget its eaither an aks-47u, or an akmc
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 AM   #30
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

or neither...
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #31
Ilikepandas
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Its a fukking lamp!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:06 AM   #32
Axel
=D
 

Default

jeezus you mofos are good...
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #33
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #34
Alex de Large
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

looks good, but a bit sumpy.

would look cooler with some directional lights.

do you have those in maya?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #35
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

what do you think man? and just a tip dont talk **** when you dont post anything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
Alex de Large
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman310
what do you think man? and just a tip dont talk **** when you dont post anything.
i did post some talbe i made before. and the penis gun.

"what do you think man?"

i don't know, that's why i'm asking. i don't know how good maya is...

maya is to 3DS MAX
as
gimp is to Adobe Photoshop?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #37
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman310
you cant spell?
Neither can you.
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #38
Desaa
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex de Large
maya is to 3DS MAX
as
gimp is to Adobe Photoshop?
What the fu.ck are you talking about, where did you get that assumption?
How would you know if you havent even used the program. Max is better at rendering and Maya is better at effects, problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex de Large
hah. i don't use maya.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #39
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desaa
What the fu.ck are you talking about, where did you get that assumption?
How would you know if you havent even used the program. Max is better at rendering and Maya is better at effects, problem solved.
not quite...Max is better at working with polygons. and Maya has more capibilities overall. It definetly has the advantage over 3D Max for rendering.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #40
Desaa
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
not quite...Max is better at working with polygons. and Maya has more capibilities overall. It definetly has the advantage over 3D Max for rendering.
Not really, Max has so many more rendering plugins than maya does: Vue, Maxwell Render (a ***** to render stuff with light physics though), Brazil, just to name a few. All of which produce amazing results. Bur I prefer Maya.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #41
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehabisforquitters
Yeah, as a test I just quickly made this to *Drools* test raytracing.


That's purty ray tracing.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #42
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desaa
Not really, Max has so many more rendering plugins than maya does: Vue, Maxwell Render (a ***** to render stuff with light physics though), Brazil, just to name a few. All of which produce amazing results. Bur I prefer Maya.
You can download a lot more for maya you know.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #43
rehabisforquitters
hey hey
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
You can download a lot more for maya you know.
That's why he said "Just to name a few". He knows you can download more.
Does anyone know how to use crowd generator by the way?
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #44
Axel
=D
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex de Large
i did post some talbe i made before. and the penis gun.

"what do you think man?"

i don't know, that's why i'm asking. i don't know how good maya is...

maya is to 3DS MAX
as
gimp is to Adobe Photoshop?
doesnt 3DS Max harder to make renders?
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:17 AM   #45
Alex de Large
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitsaxel
doesnt 3DS Max harder to make renders?

well, it's not a "1 button does all". with the right settings, anything can be done.

from what i can see, and my small experience of the industry, max is the most proffesional and widely used one.

they are both made by the same company,

3DS Max = 2,695.00
Maya = 1,449.00
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:26 AM   #46
Axel
=D
 

Default

hmm yes
in AUD
3DS Max = $6,664.04
Maya = $3,582.87
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #47
Desaa
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

3ds Max used to be made by Discreet until they were bought by Autodesk who originally made AutoCAD.
Following suit a few weeks later they purchased Alias (Formerly Alias|Wavefront) and acquired Maya in the bargain.

I can get commercial liceences for both for $0, legal ones too...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #48
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex de Large
well, it's not a "1 button does all". with the right settings, anything can be done.

from what i can see, and my small experience of the industry, max is the most proffesional and widely used one.

they are both made by the same company,

3DS Max = 2,695.00
Maya = 1,449.00
actually yes you can hit 1 button to render in 3ds max.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #49
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman310
actually yes you can hit 1 button to render in 3ds max.
he means you cant just hit 1 button and have everything clibrate itself.but then again, you cant do that in maya either.

Last edited by MrNaPaLm32; 05-18-2006 at 09:55 PM.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:08 AM   #50
Ilikepandas
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

still, all things considered, you guys are getting pretty good at it now
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net