Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Nintendo

Nintendo Discussion of Nintendo console gaming products

Old 08-06-2005, 12:25 AM   #1
mentalskater

Tournaments Won: 1

Default Nintendo REVOLUTION news...

Only put news about the revoultion here, not in the previous nintendo revolution thread, because it has been overrun with inconsiderate, arrogant a-holes that wont stop talking about ps3 and computers. so if you plan on posting here. put only good sites for news or something interesting you found while searching for news. remember nintendo revolution only.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #2
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

So computers. They clearly shouldn't be in this thread, but let's bring them here anyways.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #3
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalskater
Only put news about the revoultion here, not in the previous nintendo revolution thread, because it has been overrun with inconsiderate, arrogant a-holes that wont stop talking about ps3 and computers. so if you plan on posting here. put only good sites for news or something interesting you found while searching for news. remember nintendo revolution only.
Technical Information (not for above poster, he wouldn't understand)
Dual 1.8 GHz 32bit processors manufactured by IBM (PPC)
--512KB L2 Cache
--1.2 GHz Front side bus

600 MHz ATI graphics chip
--12MB SRAM
--128MB “main storage” SRAM (for GPU and sound L3 cache)

256MB main DRAM

7.1 surround sound

6GB dual-layer HP/Panasonic disc format

No HD compliance.

DVD Support sold separately

Wi-Fi Only (no NICs)

2 USB 2.0 Ports

Will accept a SD memory card to expand the internal flash memory

Analysts expect it to hit for between $200 and $250

(source: EGM)
Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

The PS3 only has 512KB L2 cache.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27
The PS3 only has 512KB L2 cache.
Xbox has 1MB, but lets not make him mad.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

I'm not really excited about any of the new systems. Although I'll probably buy the Nintendo Revolution and the PS3.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #7
Charles rules you all!
My kitty

if you ppl were smart, which you aren't, you would respect the wishes of the thread maker and and only talk about the nintendo revolution and go some where else to talk about the xbox 360 and ps3. you 's
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles rules you all!
if you ppl were smart, which you aren't, you would respect the wishes of the thread maker and and only talk about the nintendo revolution and go some where else to talk about the xbox 360 and ps3. you 's
As I said, lets avoid confrontation as to not make him cry. I'm not smart? I have more reason than most people on these forums. I can atleast admit that no system is better than any other and thus we should not become slaves to any one company. I doubt I will get any next gen system until they have all been out for a few months, then I'll see what each has and evaluate from there, not from a year before all agreements with third parties have been made.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #9
Charles rules you all!
My kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulplay
As I said, lets avoid confrontation as to not make him cry. I'm not smart? I have more reason than most people on these forums. I can atleast admit that no system is better than any other and thus we should not become slaves to any one company. I doubt I will get any next gen system until they have all been out for a few months, then I'll see what each has and evaluate from there, not from a year before all agreements with third parties have been made.
smart as in common sence, duh!
Charles rules you all! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:00 AM   #10
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Nintendo Revolution looks nice.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #11
foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles rules you all!
smart as in common sence, duh!
I have tons of common sense. I'm just stubborn as a mule, but seriously, lets stop polluting this thread already.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #12
mentalskater

thanks for not getting to effed up but who said i ever cried, you really think that you have more power than you really do. you just annoyed me greatly... now continue with the revolution. because i have already decided not to get the other two until they drop tremendously in cost and if they have good games. i already know that nintendo games are worth having.

Any news about the controller. heard somewhere about it being a keyboard like thing with hologram like buttons, that come up in a special configuration for each individual game. neat, but not believable for now. anyone else see that or heard other news?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #13
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalskater
thanks for not getting to effed up but who said i ever cried, you really think that you have more power than you really do. you just annoyed me greatly... now continue with the revolution. because i have already decided not to get the other two until they drop tremendously in cost and if they have good games. i already know that nintendo games are worth having.

Any news about the controller. heard somewhere about it being a keyboard like thing with hologram like buttons, that come up in a special configuration for each individual game. neat, but not believable for now. anyone else see that or heard other news?
that controller stuff no but maybe for Nintendo's PC
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #14
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

They're talking about touch sensitive screens on each controller, similar to the DS.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #15
Jetowl

I've Seen The Design of The Controllers.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetowl
I've Seen The Design of The Controllers.
sorry but i don't belive you at the moment because puppet tried to convince us he saw the revolution controller and he made a really ****ty controller he made it on maya
Old 08-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #17
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
sorry but i don't belive you at the moment because puppet tried to convince us he saw the revolution controller and he made a really ****ty controller he made it on maya
I doubt he's seen them.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #18
Jetowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess_who_i_am
Well, I THINK I Saw The Design, im Not Sure
Old 08-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #19
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

You THINK you did but you really didn't.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #20
foulplay

Quote from EGM: "I believe the analog joystic for the N64 changed games and the touch pad for the DS changed games," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "And I really want to change the game again with the controller for the revolution. I think you'll be surprised when you see it."

Lets see it already~

I'm hoping they don't go too far, and make something that is completely obscure...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:27 AM   #21
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulplay
Quote from EGM: "I believe the analog joystic for the N64 changed games and the touch pad for the DS changed games," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "And I really want to change the game again with the controller for the revolution. I think you'll be surprised when you see it."

Lets see it already~

I'm hoping they don't go too far, and make something that is completely obscure...
Nintendo have always made great controllers so i think that the Revolution controller will be excellent aswell
Old 01-31-2006, 06:46 PM   #22
FF7CidHighwindFFVII

Well... I'm not too sure how old this thread IS, but if anybody ehre actually ewnt to the OFFICIAL Nintendo site, they would show you videos of the model version of the single handed controller being used as a motion sensor.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF7CidHighwindFFVII
Well... I'm not too sure how old this thread IS, but if anybody ehre actually ewnt to the OFFICIAL Nintendo site, they would show you videos of the model version of the single handed controller being used as a motion sensor.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #24
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

There have been older threads than this revived recently. But it's still pretty old.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #25
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
There have been older threads than this revived recently. But it's still pretty old.
Well the person thinks they're so intelligent posting information we've all seen before, in a thread that's 5 months old.