Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 12-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #201
systemofadownandratmrock

Tournaments Won: 1

Thumbs down

us next to canada deal with it
Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #202
treefalse
Super-Tree

No, us below Canaduh. Them above.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #203
no knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefalse
No, us below Canaduh. Them above.

not if you look at a map going eat to west.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 AM   #204
treefalse
Super-Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by no knife
not if you look at a map going eat to west.
Eat to West? You mean if you turn the globe sideways?

Well, if you live in Alaska...
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #205
snowflake_blues

Whatever guys, I know many Americans, and they all like me, and in general, I like them too. All I can say is that if I ever wore my 100% canadian shorts down there, I'd probably get some interesting looks.
Just to let you know, I watched that video... and I am not happy with that lady, listening to her made me think "who the hell are you?" but anyway... I do know that is not the way every american thinks... so I'll leave it at that
Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #206
paranoia

Yes.Generalizing people is never a good idea.Expecially if it is 300 million/70 million people.

P/S-Come back,dead thread!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #207
Frank
G-dictator

Wow, just wow.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #208
Snow
19th President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Sorry I'm double posting, but this ticked me off.

Why shouldn't we be a country? We worked hard and stood up against King George, fought a war (Even though we were outrageously outnumbered) and won. We started our own country, one that was free, and kept it for the most part under control. We fought many wars, and during world war two we helped defeat germany, and how do I say this without being offensive. We basically became the leaders of the world, we are among the top countries in science and medicine, plus we have a lot of positive things in our country. George bush might not be very smart, but he is strong and a good leader I (personally, not saying everyone does) support him. We work hard for what we have. Next time to your research before you say we shouldn't "b" a country.
Smart kid.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #209
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake_blues View Post
Whatever guys, I know many Americans, and they all like me, and in general, I like them too. All I can say is that if I ever wore my 100% canadian shorts down there, I'd probably get some interesting looks.
Just to let you know, I watched that video... and I am not happy with that lady, listening to her made me think "who the hell are you?" but anyway... I do know that is not the way every american thinks... so I'll leave it at that
Who posts in bold Lime? Honestly.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #210
Domovoi
Sparratic ***** User

hahaha, one, Canada is the second largest country in the world, AND the only reason why america has such a good military is because it is so large, the average canadian soldier recieves the amount of training as the american Spec. Ops team. haha, and if we were invaded we would just hop on our dog sleds and run away into the forest and live in our igloos :)
Domovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #211
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domovoi View Post
hahaha, one, Canada is the second largest country in the world,

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/pop...s/ctypopls.htm

Quote:
AND the only reason why america has such a good military is because it is so large,
really?
Quote:
nearly 400,000 of Switzerland's roughly 6 million inhabitants belong to the armed forces.
http://europeforvisitors.com/switzau...swiss_army.htm
thats about a 1/6 ratio. or 15%

When compared with America's 479,400 Army troops over ther total poulation of 306 million.
basically, thanks to conscription, you don't fuck with Switzerland.
i know.. i cited Wikipedia. but i got lazy. besides, this isn't a classroom and i'm not writing a paper.

Quote:
and if we were invaded we would just hop on our dog sleds and run away into the forest and live in our igloos :)
i think you just racially stereotyped your own nation... i need not embarrass you any further but i feel like it anyway. how old are you? seriously!
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #212
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
the average canadian soldier recieves the amount of training as the american Spec. Ops team.
lolololololololol at this
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #213
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
the average canadian soldier recieves the amount of training as the american Spec. Ops team.
This is pretty rediculous. The vast majority of Canadian special forces get their training in the United States from other the US Army Rangers of the USMC.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #214
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

i love fox news.. its possibly my favorite satire of all time.
and its so lifelike! i mean you almost believe that its a real news show
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #215
Frank
G-dictator

Gussa, when he was referring to Canada being the second largest country in the world, he was talking about land mass not population. And our Army used to be one of the best in the world. Not so much anymore since the liberals shafted it...
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #216
Snow
19th President

Fox News is less biased than MSNBC. Sure, they have Hannity and O'Reilly, but they report the news, and give their opinions afterwards. Olbermann's show is nothing but Bush-bashing, trash talk, and bleeding hearts.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #217
Domovoi
Sparratic ***** User

Hai there, I was talking geographically that Canada is the second largest country, behind russia, and also, the whole thing about soldiers is true, and I was trying to lighten up my post with the last point, unfortunately you did not see the same humour as me
BTW I'm 16
Domovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #218
Zetex
g-user

Quote:
Hai there, I was talking geographically that Canada is the second largest country, behind russia, and also, the whole thing about soldiers is true, and I was trying to lighten up my post with the last point, unfortunately you did not see the same humour as me
BTW I'm 16
This explains a lot. Your statement about the Canadian soldiers is fucking ridiculous. I know the fact your parents fucked and gave birth to you in Canada makes you feel all patriotic about your country and stuff but you are clueless.
Do some research and until then stop representing your country. You're giving it a bad name.

Last edited by Zetex; 04-30-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #219
Supa Fool
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Fox News is less biased than MSNBC. Sure, they have Hannity and O'Reilly, but they report the news, and give their opinions afterwards. Olbermann's show is nothing but Bush-bashing, trash talk, and bleeding hearts.
FoxNews has many more ridiculously biased hosts than MSNBC, but if we're talking about the networks as a whole, then MSNBC is much more radical than FoxNews is conservative. In my opinion the worst offenders:
4. Sean Hannity
3. Anne Coulter
2. Bill O'Reilly
1. Keith Olbermann
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #220
Zetex
g-user

Uhm, have you ever heard of Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage?

Also, Snow, if you're really trying to say MSNBC is more biased then LOL

MSNBC may have Olbermann but Fox completely fucking crushes him in sheer quantity of idiocy and fear mongering.
Hannity
O'Reilly
Glenn Beck
Mike Huckabee (LOL)

I'm sure there's more but I'd be lying if I said I watched Fox News enough to keep tabs on all their biased pundits.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #221
Supa Fool
Band

Glenn Beck's show is supposedly a comical show, but I don't think it's funny for the intended reasons. His views are idiotic and he should never have gotten his own time slot.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #222
Zetex
g-user

He's completely bigoted and stupid.
http://www.videosift.com/video/Glenn...ing-Down-Trees

Dude's a douchebag.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #223
insan3
only with free cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetex View Post
He's completely bigoted and stupid.
http://www.videosift.com/video/Glenn...ing-Down-Trees

Dude's a douchebag.
I dont mind the hunting, but purposely cutting down a bunch of trees is just retarded.
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote