Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #101
Coldin
g-user

Nothing against him personally, people just over-post his pics and talk about him pointless amounts. He's over-rated is what i mean.
Coldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #102
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_The_Klown View Post
I piss ten times a night and I'm a kid.
ROFLMAO!
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #103
Coldin
g-user

Odds are now 2-1-2 respectivly
Supa, Krusty, Gab
Coldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #104
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

Oh, I know what you meant about Jeffree.
I was really just kidding. [:

Anyway, I've heard everything I can possibly hear about him.
It doesn''t bother me anymore either way.
I just don't let other's opinions change mine. Hah.

Last edited by poisonedcandy_X; 12-11-2007 at 04:29 PM.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #105
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

hi I didn't read this thread but I just want to mention Jeffree Star is just an attention whore, STD infested, piece of trash.
Thank you for reading my post.
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #106
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

Thanks for sharing!

I have to point out, of course, that you wouldn't know half of that because you don't even know him. ;D
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #107
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

I'd like to point out that you don't know it either
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #108
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

Of course I don't know him, darling.
That's why I didn't state anything I didn't know as fact.
I only said that you don't know him.
So you can't, either.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #109
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

Are we talking about the weird person in Diamond's avatar?
Krusty_The_Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #110
Nicky
g-user

This guy...?

No.

We refer to this one.

Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #111
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyChris View Post
This guy...?
[qimg]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f189/punkiepixie/Gerard%20Way/mwahaha.jpg[/qimg]
Wow, he looks like such a geek there.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #112
Nicky
g-user

He always looks like a geek. Only in professional photo shoots does he look sort of suave.

Last edited by Nicky; 12-11-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #113
gabrielwhist
Banned

Nah, he usually looks awesome. Like, enough so to make me nearly gay for him.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #114
Nicky
g-user

O_O That's a confession.

Well... he was born with a girl's face after all.

He also looked pretty awesome at ProRev...

But um, anyway... BACK to gay people!

Actually... no. I'm tired of talking about gay people.

Last edited by Nicky; 12-11-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #115
Krusty_The_Klown
ಠ_ಠ

Holy crap! That's a guy?! That is one of the reasons I have short hair. (Even though my face doesn't look feminine like his/hers/its does)
Krusty_The_Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #116
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_The_Klown View Post
Holy crap! That's a guy?! That is one of the reasons I have short hair. (Even though my face doesn't look feminine like his/hers/its does)
his hair is short and blond now.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #117
gabrielwhist
Banned

Its black again I believe.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #118
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
Its black again I believe.
I hate it black. <3
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #119
Scotty

Tournaments Won: 1

Sorry for disrupting your views on singers but back to the page 1 stuff ( I didn't bother to read through all 5 pages) It's interesting to see people's views on God. In a way it makes me think more closely about Christianity and question my belief as an agnostic.

A few things in the bible that I don't believe are mentioned or have been currently disproved is what currently leans me away from that perticular religion. These are mainly for NickyChris since she has a good understanding of these things in perticular and a likeable intellect.

1) Adam and Eve, the creation of man. ( I personally have not studied the bible very well so correct me on things if need be ) So, God created man, then woman, they lived in paradise blah blah blah, then they ate forbidden fruit of knowlage, learned all about the crappy things in the world got told how much they fucked up and payed the price for it, so began the age of man.

Right...Say we balance what we know on science and religion so far against each other. Genetics. If we truely started out with 2 people on this earth to populate the billions we have now (which seems impossible on it's own, even in the millions of years it's come to happen) wouldn't we all be brothers and sisters? Isn't incest a sin? Anyway, that aside. Let's say, Adam had brown hair, blue eyes? Eve has blonde hair brown eyes? on the basis of genetics, wouldn't it be scientifically impossible for green eyes and red hair to even exist? They had no predecessors, how does this come to be?

2) Genesis "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - I believe that's right? Okay, from basic human understanding right there. We didn't know of other planets and space exploration when the bible was created. If God is truely our planets creator did he create just our planet, or did he create the solar system in which we live in? Does each solar system have it's own God or did this devine entity create them all? With space itself being so vast beyond our understanding would it truely be possible? Why didn't God mention any of this to his prophets so his people could comprehend his knowlage and greatness through these unknown truths? If he has indeed created such a vast place, wouldn't our tiny spec of a planet be of some insignificance now? Also, if everything has a creator, wouldn't something have created God? If so, then why does he not talk about his own father?

3) You talked about how you thought about all the different animals and where they live, and that it all seems too much to have evolved soley from bacteria or something? I know you didn't say that exactly but you had some thoughts on it?
I believe that is evolution and adaptation, such as our own race for example. Me, being from England would find it very difficult to survive under Africa's climet and surroundings, but the people in Africa have adapted to that part of the world, the heat doesn't effect them as much as it would me, they have learned to adapt and how to survive over there, just as in turn they would find it difficult in a place such as Alaska.

In relations to God, sometimes I find it all too good to be true, and normally when things sound too good to be true, they genreally are. If you take into consideration what we actually are. We are a construction of muscle, fat, bacteria, tiny living organisms and other components surrounded by a control unit which is the brain. All our belief, understanding, interpritations are just impulses in the brain. Really all we are is a brain in a shell, our whole being is just one organ powered by other organs. Our brain is just more advanced than other animals, because that's still all we are, an animal. We need to do everything they do. Because our brain is advanced, it leads us to ideas, I also believe because our brain is advanced we are lead to believe that we can't just be gone, we can't just dissapear, it's unlogical, everything has to go somewhere! But it does, our body, this brain of ours, it decays with the rest of us. We're lived off, off of other animals and bacteria that will in turn die themselves and it will cycle. It's hard to comprehend what I'm saying, let alone word it. This is because it's not comprehendable. Seriously.

If indeed when we die we just decay and that's the end of it, we wont see black, because our brain is incapable of seeing, there wont be nothing because our brain is incapable of thinking of nothing. It's something that we have never experienced so it's impossible to think of. We wont be able to touch, feel, taste, think, nothing. Our existance has just halted. No matter how hard you try to imagine you wont be able to imagine what I'm talking about, that's because imagination is also an impulse in the brain and your brain will have decayed. If this is indeed the act of death then it is a sad end I agree, but you wont care, because you wont be able to. There isn't a word to describe this kind of end. But how I have perceived life so far, this is what I truely believe to happen. Our only logic for something else to be after death is the fact that our brain is advanced.

The only things that stop me completely believing my own theory and lean sometimes towards religion is the phenomenon I've seen, such as the statue of the virgin mary crying, images of angels and what-not in disasters or in symbolic places, exorcisms and paranormal activity that respond to catholic passages. It's all interesting.

Sorry for rambling on a bit there, but religion has always interested me, especially pre-Roman-Catholic-religions that were outlawed by the church such as Wicca, Necromancy etc. When it was believed they were witches. It would be interesting to research religion into it's furthest depths and find out the earliest texts and see what truth they hold. But unfortunately what wasn't burned has been confiscated by the church and unless you're really important you wouldn't live long enough to take a look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so this perticular topic has been on my mind for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that when we die we must indeed just decay. Thinking about it logically from what we already know. If there is life after existance then there must also be somewhere we come from pro-creation. We don't, we're cells developed in the bodies of our parents and only develop into humans after the fusion of the two. We can't remember what it's like to be a sperm/egg because we hadn't developed a brain therefore we're incapable of a memory. Since memories are only electrical impulses stored in a part of the brain - so I believe. Only after we had developed our brain were we capable of such things. When we die our brains decay and we are left once again with nothing, this in turn must mean we are incapable of memories or anything else. It was a terrifying thought for me for a little while while thinking about it today, yet I have already experienced it once. Just I have no memory of it because I was incapable of. This may seem all a little too philosophical but to me it seems like a perfectly logical explanation. If God did truely create us, wouldn't our souls start in heaven then be implanted into the cells/fetus which when we die were returned? Even so, souls are incapable of memories since they have no brain.

Last edited by Scotty; 12-12-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #120
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

Okay, so that was really long.
But basically you're saying...this...right?
You don't believe a lot of what's written in the Bible, which was written by men anyway.
But you [at least sometimes] believe in God, in general?
Just differently than the way people think of the whole thing?

I think that's an interesting theory.
I also think that you think a lot. [:
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #121
Scotty

Tournaments Won: 1

Indeed I do, I been thinking about it alot and if you consider everything, especially what we know scientifically. It makes sense to me. I agree with some morals of the bible of course. But I have my own theories on life after death and that's the conclusion I came to.

Last edited by Scotty; 12-12-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #122
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Sorry for disrupting your views on singers but back to the page 1 stuff ( I didn't bother to read through all 5 pages) It's interesting to see people's views on God. In a way it makes me think more closely about Christianity and question my belief as an agnostic.
A few things in the bible that I don't believe are mentioned or have been currently disproved is what currently leans me away from that perticular religion. These are mainly for NickyChris since she has a good understanding of these things in perticular and a likeable intellect.
1) Adam and Eve, the creation of man. ( I personally have not studied the bible very well so correct me on things if need be ) So, God created man, then woman, they lived in paradise blah blah blah, then they ate forbidden fruit of knowlage, learned all about the crappy things in the world got told how much they fucked up and payed the price for it, so began the age of man.
Right...Say we balance what we know on science and religion so far against each other. Genetics. If we truely started out with 2 people on this earth to populate the billions we have now (which seems impossible on it's own, even in the millions of years it's come to happen) wouldn't we all be brothers and sisters? Isn't incest a sin? Anyway, that aside. Let's say, Adam had brown hair, blue eyes? Eve has blonde hair brown eyes? on the basis of genetics, wouldn't it be scientifically impossible for green eyes and red hair to even exist? They had no predecessors, how does this come to be?
2) Genesis "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - I believe that's right? Okay, from basic human understanding right there. We didn't know of other planets and space exploration when the bible was created. If God is truely our planets creator did he create just our planet, or did he create the solar system in which we live in? Does each solar system have it's own God or did this devine entity create them all? With space itself being so vast beyond our understanding would it truely be possible? Why didn't God mention any of this to his prophets so his people could comprehend his knowlage and greatness through these unknown truths? If he has indeed created such a vast place, wouldn't our tiny spec of a planet be of some insignificance now? Also, if everything has a creator, wouldn't something have created God? If so, then why does he not talk about his own father?
3) You talked about how you thought about all the different animals and where they live, and that it all seems too much to have evolved soley from bacteria or something? I know you didn't say that exactly but you had some thoughts on it?
I believe that is evolution and adaptation, such as our own race for example. Me, being from England would find it very difficult to survive under Africa's climet and surroundings, but the people in Africa have adapted to that part of the world, the heat doesn't effect them as much as it would me, they have learned to adapt and how to survive over there, just as in turn they would find it difficult in a place such as Alaska.
In relations to God, sometimes I find it all too good to be true, and normally when things sound too good to be true, they genreally are. If you take into consideration what we actually are. We are a construction of muscle, fat, bacteria, tiny living organisms and other components surrounded by a control unit which is the brain. All our belief, understanding, interpritations are just impulses in the brain. Really all we are is a brain in a shell, our whole being is just one organ powered by other organs. Our brain is just more advanced than other animals, because that's still all we are, an animal. We need to do everything they do. Because our brain is advanced, it leads us to ideas, I also believe because our brain is advanced we are lead to believe that we can't just be gone, we can't just dissapear, it's unlogical, everything has to go somewhere! But it does, our body, this brain of ours, it decays with the rest of us. We're lived off, off of other animals and bacteria that will in turn die themselves and it will cycle. It's hard to comprehend what I'm saying, let alone word it. This is because it's not comprehendable. Seriously.
If indeed when we die we just decay and that's the end of it, we wont see black, because our brain is incapable of seeing, there wont be nothing because our brain is incapable of thinking of nothing. It's something that we have never experienced so it's impossible to think of. We wont be able to touch, feel, taste, think, nothing. Our existance has just halted. No matter how hard you try to imagine you wont be able to imagine what I'm talking about, that's because imagination is also an impulse in the brain and your brain will have decayed. If this is indeed the act of death then it is a sad end I agree, but you wont care, because you wont be able to. There isn't a word to describe this kind of end. But how I have perceived life so far, this is what I truely believe to happen. Our only logic for something else to be after death is the fact that our brain is advanced.
The only things that stop me completely believing my own theory and lean sometimes towards religion is the phenomenon I've seen, such as the statue of the virgin mary crying, images of angels and what-not in disasters or in symbolic places, exorcisms and paranormal activity that respond to catholic passages. It's all interesting.
Sorry for rambling on a bit there, but religion has always interested me, especially pre-Roman-Catholic-religions that were outlawed by the church such as Wicca, Necromancy etc. When it was believed they were witches. It would be interesting to research religion into it's furthest depths and find out the earliest texts and see what truth they hold. But unfortunately what wasn't burned has been confiscated by the church and unless you're really important you wouldn't live long enough to take a look.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so this perticular topic has been on my mind for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that when we die we must indeed just decay. Thinking about it logically from what we already know. If there is life after existance then there must also be somewhere we come from pro-creation. We don't, we're cells developed in the bodies of our parents and only develop into humans after the fusion of the two. We can't remember what it's like to be a sperm/egg because we hadn't developed a brain therefore we're incapable of a memory. Since memories are only electrical impulses stored in a part of the brain - so I believe. Only after we had developed our brain were we capable of such things. When we die our brains decay and we are left once again with nothing, this in turn must mean we are incapable of memories or anything else. It was a terrifying thought for me for a little while while thinking about it today, yet I have already experienced it once. Just I have no memory of it because I was incapable of. This may seem all a little too philosophical but to me it seems like a perfectly logical explanation. If God did truely create us, wouldn't our souls start in heaven then be implanted into the cells/fetus which when we die were returned? Even so, souls are incapable of memories since they have no brain.
I like this guy.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #123
Nicky
g-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Fool View Post
I hate it black. <3
It's only been black for oh a year now... :P He dyed it back in January. XD

And Scotty... I shall read your post eventually.