Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 06-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
john
g-prime

Default an ilikepandas production

ilikepandas, the guy who brought us the crap adventures of liazradman, has been hard at work, and has finally completed "puzzle land." a game involving precise clicks and timing. warning: addictive and very frusterating at times!

he had this to say:
"Here it is- the complete and final version of my puzzle game! Its quite easy to pass from level 1-3 but level 4 onwards it gets tricky. If it gets too hard for everyone I'll post a walkthrough of it."
puzzle land [ 889KB ]

Last edited by john; 06-25-2005 at 01:41 PM.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
imsolittle

Tournaments Won: 1

This is like... a really crappy version of hapland.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
john
g-prime

Exactly. These games are harder to make than you think. And ilikepandas did this all himself, which I personally think is very impressive.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
Mouse

The guy who makes Lizard man makes a game about puzzles.. what more can you say?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
Kwynna

These games must be really hard to make, what with all the components and interactions with eachother. Anyway, I loved the game, but I can't beat Gregory. I wouldn't mind a walkthrough, just for the last level.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwynna
These games must be really hard to make, what with all the components and interactions with eachother. Anyway, I loved the game, but I can't beat Gregory. I wouldn't mind a walkthrough, just for the last level.
I am stuck there... I have gotten the plant to grow big but can't figure out what to do next -.-

edit - I figured out how to kill the spider.. damn man!! that is really hard to do

edit - I am able to reach him.. but I can't kill him!!! he jumps on me :(

Last edited by Mouse; 06-25-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #7
trevorXkillyou

this game is awesome. im not very good at this kind of game, im stuck at the part where you have to break down the castle door
Old 06-25-2005, 03:41 PM   #8
nutcase

I really can't be stuffed, these games take so long, i think i might go and play counterstrike...
Old 06-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
bald muffin

Aaaah such a great game. Especially the last level. I cannot imagine how he comes up all those steps...
Old 06-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
headphones

this wasnt that hard gregory wasnt that difficult but a good game, a warm up for hapland maybee
Old 06-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
schombert

Default art

Tis nice and all, but you should have considered getting someone else to do the art. Profrssional looking art can make or break a game. Even if you don't have any friends who are artists you can go begging arround on sites like deviant art.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:06 PM   #12
Ilikepandas

Smile hmmmm...

Thanks for all the good feedback everybody!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schombert
Tis nice and all, but you should have considered getting someone else to do the art. Profrssional looking art can make or break a game. Even if you don't have any friends who are artists you can go begging arround on sites like deviant art.
But the whole scribbly-cartoony look is my style. I like the funny little characters I made. Maybe in the future I'll try and draw some better art, but I wouldn't want to steal someone elses art for the game, that would be stealing creativity, which I don't like (possibly excluding animutations). But I see your point. That'll be taken into account in the future.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #13
imsolittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by schombert
That's what I meant.. I use flash a lot. I'm getting pretty good, and I know how hard it is to make these games. But the art really makes it seem less fun. Well made though.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #14
Ilikepandas

Lightbulb Walkthrough!!

Ill post some of mine and some of Led_Zeppelins walkthrough (Highlight it due to spoilers for people who don't want it):

Level 1:

Ok, this ones easy. Click on the aeroplane sign to make a plane crash into the tree. The man beside it will become angry and cut down the tree. Once the tree has fallen on him, click on the wood beside the boulder. The tree will fall, making a bridge. Mahoggany will now cross it.

Level 2:

First, click on the brown water snake thing. It will eat the frog. Now click on the arial on the tower. The snake will become bigger. Click on the snake and then immediately click on the hippo. The hippo will duck, missing the snakes fireball. The fireball will bounce back, knocking parts of the snake out of the water. Click on the red switch. Now Mahoggany can jump across. Click on mahoggany until he has passed the level.

Level 3: (Thanks Led_Zeppelin)

Ok, keep clicking the bird. The guy at the catapult will kill the bird That bird was awesome. Click the catapult. Then click the cloud. The guy should fall, and the flag wll change. Click the guy with the stick, he'll blow a whistle. Everyones gone except the catapult guy, but don't worry about him. Click Little mahogany and he'll go to the doors. click em again and you beat the level!

Level 4: (Also thanks Led_Zeppelin)

Throw two rocks at the picture. A button will appear. click it once. The bucket should move over the blue door. Click the blue door. the second you click the door, click the lever with the red knob right beside the guards. A bucket will fall on the guys head. click the platform with the horn, then honk it. The camera will be destroyed. Then click the guards so they move to the right. throw a rock down at the ground. Click the guards, and as soon as they trip click mahogany. he'll run past them, step on the horn causing the hick to shoot the gun, and hit him self. as soon as he is shot, click mahogany and he will go to the bottom. Click him again, and you beat it!

Level 5:

First you click on the balloon pump- twice so it is now floating in the air. Then click on the fan plug to turn on the fan and then click on the fan to start it blowing. NEXT click on the stalactite to make the drop of water drip off it. The drop will get carried by the wind, fly right due to the arrow thing's direction and hit the flower, transforming it into a giant plant. Click on the arrow thing until it faces up. Click on the plant to fire a glob of oil, the arrow will force it upwards so it hits the stalactite. Click on the arrow now so it faces down.Now click on the balloon, it will sink, and flow along the wind made by the fan. quickly click on the now black stalactite so the oil drips onto the fire, making the flames larger for a few seconds. The baloon will hit the large flames and turn into a fireball, hit the down arrow and kill the flea. You may now pass the flea thing and continue through the level. Click on the green/red switches so the triangle is red (Flat), and the lump is green (Up). Click on mahoggany and he will run across, dodge a snake and stop at the lump. A lazer force field will appear. Click on the gun to destroy the force field. Make the lump flat. HARD BIT: CLick on mahoggany to make him start running again, and activate the spring JUST before he runs into the spring. Now he will jump of Gregory and Greg lunges towards him and land on him. CLick on mahoggany again to knock out Gregory, winning the game!

Ok? CLear now? If you were getting too annoyed by the game now you may be at peace. :)
Old 06-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #15
Mouse

I like his style of art. Most of the flash games have the nice and clean style. The really crummy style is a nice break from the status quo.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #16
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin
** Deleted by Moderator **
Oops. Post your one though. It will probably be better.

Last edited by blackice; 07-05-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #17
DjDTM

Dang it, I can't get passed level one. Wheres the play button? heh.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #18
trevorXkillyou

i didnt want to quote the whole walkthrough, but zepplin said to fire blob of oil up so it hits the stalagtite, what i did was point the arrow to the right so that the oil goes straight into the fire then click the balloon. i guess it works both ways, but i think its easier my way. this game is great though, i finally beat it (without the walkthrough). andpersonally i like your artistic style for the characters. it makes it different from all the other similar ones out there
Old 06-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #19
sally_smith

Angry

i thought it was really cool. ilikepandas is my brother but he still didnt help me which was annoying
Old 06-26-2005, 12:32 AM   #20
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally_smith
i thought it was really cool. ilikepandas is my brother but he still didnt help me which was annoying
You passed it without my help. And when I did try and help you you didn't need it
Old 06-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #21
sally_smith

yeah but i have been playing since logan went home and now its 5:30 so its taken me 2 and a half hours. a waiste of time i'd say. but it had me hooked ne way
Old 06-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #22
Ilikepandas

Question

You can just be telling me this in person, I'm about 3 metres away from you
Old 06-26-2005, 03:21 AM   #23
DuckEternity

I just watched all of the liazrad man movies.. and i wanna know where i can get that song the russians sing! thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while haha.

Also.. pandaman.. do you think you could explain how to add sound to flash? or maybe a link to a site that can help?

Ive made a few flash cartoons.. but no audio does have its restrictions
Old 06-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #24
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Smile

I liked the game. It was fun and creative. Most flash games now are just side stepping shooters (or so it seems to me) but not this one. Keep up the good work.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #25
tail

great game... i needed the walkthorugh for the last level though... i like your style of art also... very nice job.. better then hapland 1 and 2!!