Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 01-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
john
g-prime

Default u.s. vs canada

i wasn't going to post any new videos until monday, but someone emailed me this and i found it sort of "interesting." i'm not really sure if they knew i was canadian.

fox on canada [ 2696KB ]

dog sledding, anyone?

EDIT:

wow, ok.

i havn't even *begun* to read any comments, because from what i have received from emails in the hours since this was posted, people are certainly not happy about this post. first of all, please note than i am canadian, and i am not anti-canadian. i am not agreeing with this video in any way. neither am i saying that canada is better than the u.s., or the u.s. is better than canada. i just thought it was "interesting," how some people see canada. the women shown in this video is obviously ignorant, and i *do* understand that most americans, including others shown in this same clip, do not have the same opinions as her.

it was mainly posted as a "conversation piece." if you are still offended, then let me know and i will consider removing the video.

Last edited by john; 01-22-2005 at 11:31 PM.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
zachary15

Tournaments Won: 1

First :D
I think its rediculous that people think canada is our enemy, if they're so intent on invading, why dont they? Because they really don't want to after all. Plus the Canadians are awesom, eh?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
.Living.With.You.Leaving.

Exclamation

SECOND COMMENT.
Umm i got bored... and turned it off...
Old 01-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
Mouse

Man.. this is why I sometimes hate americans..

Don't get me started on these right-wing one viewed conservative lunetics.

DAMN IT!! Third.. I was first about 4 minutes ago :(
Old 01-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
trevorXkillyou

john, im going to go ahead and guess that he knew that you were canadian, he probably just sent it to piss you off, it was kinda funny though
Old 01-22-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
revilo

uhh i hav no clue... wats the deal with americans and canadians wats rong they just disagree wats rong with speakin outloud?!
Old 01-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #7
DazedDozer

i think that the video was stupid. they act as if they own canada, "canada is lucky we let them stay on the same continent" wtf kinda comment is that, i mean really, wtf kinda comment is that?
Old 01-22-2005, 06:01 PM   #8
Tybs61

Wow....how can u diss canada like that.....im not even going to start on why canada, to me, is much better than the united states...ill give you 3 good reasons thou........Hockey.....the chicks.......and Beer!!!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
johnnyboldt

Hey, i'm canadian and a right winger, and NOT a lunatic. Yeah, a lot of american propoganda out there. But if the U.S.A. had a liberal government(democrat for you yankees out there), then they'd just have liberal propoganda stating that 90% of people are gay.
Republicans are one-viewed/biased in information.
Democrats are the same way. All gov systems are biased.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #10
johnnyboldt

I've never even seen someone dog-sled!!! Lol.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #11
Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedDozer
i think that the video was stupid. they act as if they own canada, "canada is lucky we let them stay on the same continent" wtf kinda comment is that, i mean really, wtf kinda comment is that?
I know.. it's depressing.. I love how americans hate the french so much, yet they should be the greatest allies because of what the french did for america in the american revolution. if the french didn't help, america wouldn't even be a country! Anyways, I agree, we don't need a huge military because who the heck wants to attack canada? I don't know any country who wants to. We haven't invaded any other country, so why should another country invade us. But back to the continent thing, that is just the most absurb comment on earth. I can see why so many people hate america...
Old 01-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #12
shoek

http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenli...ngen/19365659/

there you can view a slightly shortened version, i think, of Outfoxed. it is the second movie link from the top on the right side of the screen. you can choose windows media player or realplayer, both in either small or broad band, both seriously good quality.

Outfoxed is a documentary movie about the practices of Fox News Network. about how it isn't "Fair and Balanced" at all. sure, you already knew this, but the documentary is entertaining, sometimes even shocking, and it is after all something of a 'how not to be journalist 101'.

it features footage of what Bill O'Reilly did to James Gleick (whose dad died in 9/11) and i was seriously appalled. i never thought O'Reilly, or anyone for that matter, would be that insane.

so, just sit back and enjoy the ride. all for kicks!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #13
Dugie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
Man.. this is why I sometimes hate americans..

Don't get me started on these right-wing one viewed conservative lunetics.

DAMN IT!! Third.. I was first about 4 minutes ago :(
didnt know you could be right wing and conserative.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #14
johnnyboldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugie
Yes, right-wing and conservative are the same thing. All about those "i hate americans" comments i've seen. Don't judge Americans by what you see on their propogandinizes(no clue how to spell it) T.V.
Just cause their T.V. is biased/one sided, doesn't mean that they all are. In fact, if you hate Americans because of what you see on their T.V., your just as gullible as they are in the "believing everything you see on T.V." attitude.
And don't forget, the last election was VERY close. A little less than half of Americans are democrats/liberal.

Last edited by johnnyboldt; 01-22-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #15
Flyinpancake

Post Too Long

Like write a warning or something...
heh
Old 01-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
Mouse

Ya, I have tons of american friends who are the nicest people you will meet. But it's the people like this who give american a bad image.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #17
Blabbermouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
I know.. it's depressing.. I love how americans hate the french so much, yet they should be the greatest allies because of what the french did for america in the american revolution. if the french didn't help, america wouldn't even be a country! Anyways, I agree, we don't need a huge military because who the heck wants to attack canada? I don't know any country who wants to. We haven't invaded any other country, so why should another country invade us. But back to the continent thing, that is just the most absurb comment on earth. I can see why so many people hate america...
Another country would invade canada to have canada. Canada wouldn't be able to defend itself from being attacked.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #18
Meizano

For Led_Zeppelin:

Note the southern-most body of land... or ice, rather. Antarctica isn't to the north, my friend.

Messages for those shown in the clip (whether they ever end up reading this stuff, lol)...

I'm from Nova Scotia (born in Quebec, raised in Alberta, now living in Nova Scotia)... I honestly never EVER thought that anyone could possibly think anything of this nature about Canada.

"It's always... the worst Americans who end up going there." Eh? Wrong! Those that move to Canada aren't the 'worst' Americans. Maybe they're the ones that got sick of people like you and realize that there is nothing different between the United States and America.

"When you're allowed to exist on the same continent as the United States of America..." "They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." WTF!? The United States doesn't own the piece of land stretching from Argentina/Chile to the Arctic. Last time I checked, there were dozens of different countries with their own piece of land on America. The United States don't have more right than anyone else to be where they are.

"We could of taken them over so easily." Holy hell woman. If the United States attacked Canada (Globally recognized name as a Peacekeeping country) I'm pretty sure that a dozen countries would blow the balls off of Bush (or whoever's president if it does ever happen) without thinking twice.

"They don't even need to have an army." ...who cleans up after the Americans go blow countries up? I'll give you a hint... Starts with a C and ends with an A.

"We like the English speaking Canadians." Oui, merci. J'aime bien me faire chier par des crisse de salopes comme toi. Tabarnak.

"Canada needs the United States. The United States does not need Canada." Canadian exports to the United States in 2003 was US$ 233,100,000,000 (85.78%) and American exports to Canada in the same year was US$ 145,284,000,000 (60.64%). [No point here, just a fact thing. heheh]

Yeah, we should all make a cult and seek out and execute people like her.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:03 PM   #19
Dras

I was just out dog sledding and come home to this I'm appalled.

Seriously though, I don't understand why people get so worked up over this I mean sure the things they said were uncalled for but it's just opinions of two poorly informed people. It doesn't really affect anyone except for maybe how people view Americans. IMO.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #20
Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugie
umm right wing is conservative, and wow ur smart u cant even spell conserativite
Old 01-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #21
The Anti-Christ

wow, first of all, puppet, its conservative, i dont know if you were purposely trying to mispell it, but i dont really want to know, it was wrong either way. I dont know who said it, but whoever it was was right, there are certain americans that give us a bad name, such as that stupid ass in the movie, she deserves to be thrown into the ocean with a dead weight attached to her leg. On top of all this, the people that move to Canada do tend to be running from something, and just because theyre running doesnt mean the government is wrong or that they did something "bad". I dont know the exact figure, but the last i heard 50,000 people requested and recieved canadian citizenship because bush was elected to office, and many more claimed the apocolypse is coming, or some shit like that. I personally think that these people deserve to follow the lady in white to the bottom of the ocean, but thats not my decision. The people fleeing the draft, i dont know, i wasnt alive, so its not for me to say, but many people that go to canada are, more often than not, fleeing of their own accord and often without any just cause, such as this last election, i havent seen the end of the world yet, and i dont see it coming. All in all, i think the lady was stupid, but you people really shouldnt base your opinion of America on her, and the other people like her, trust me, theyre not all like that.. and dont let my name fool you either.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #22
Puppet

man i hate people that dont take the time to research things and get their info right or compare 2 opinions or solutions 2 find the best 1. then they go spouting stuff off and trying to make it sound rightand that wont admit they dont know the answer to somthing... wait a second i hate the common person, damn that always happens

Random fact:(maynot be completely right) originaly there were 80 books considered for the bible, only 20 were included...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #23
Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anti-Christ
wow, first of all, puppet, its conservative, i dont know if you were purposely trying to mispell it, but i dont really want to know, it was wrong either way. I dont know who said it, but whoever it was was right, there are certain americans that give us a bad name, such as that stupid ass in the movie, she deserves to be thrown into the ocean with a dead weight attached to her leg. On top of all this, the people that move to Canada do tend to be running from something, and just because theyre running doesnt mean the government is wrong or that they did something "bad". I dont know the exact figure, but the last i heard 50,000 people requested and recieved canadian citizenship because bush was elected to office, and many more claimed the apocolypse is coming, or some shit like that. I personally think that these people deserve to follow the lady in white to the bottom of the ocean, but thats not my decision. The people fleeing the draft, i dont know, i wasnt alive, so its not for me to say, but many people that go to canada are, more often than not, fleeing of their own accord and often without any just cause, such as this last election, i havent seen the end of the world yet, and i dont see it coming. All in all, i think the lady was stupid, but you people really shouldnt base your opinion of America on her, and the other people like her, trust me, theyre not all like that.. and dont let my name fool you either.
yea i did mean to spell it wriong
Old 01-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #24
i_am_canadian

Default that lady is very stupid

that is a very stupid video. its things like this that make me feel angry about americans.canadians respect americans and americans respect canadians. what is that women thinking. she must have been put on the show to make a few comments then got carried away. i think the lady and the man that was on later, are fucking dumbasses and by saying shit like that on tv they show us canadians wat americans think of us. those two are very ignorant american idiots. i know that the most americans are not like them. i think that video should be taken down its unfair for canadians
Old 01-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #25
~MiZeRiE~

Talking Ok Lame!

Im sorry, right when I read the title I knew it was a bunch of americans rambling on about how United States is so much better than Canada. Im sick of all the **** on how they think their better then us. Im not saying that Canada is any better but really who gives a ****. I just want all this talk about whos better over with.

Oh I forgot..... Canada won the gold, the US didn't even make it to the bronze.