Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Old Unsorted Submissions

Old Unsorted Submissions Forum for old submissions from before we went to the categorized system. Replies allowed to existing threads only. No new threads may be created.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
Arch0wl

Tournaments Won: 1

Default New insane music gaming vids from a0.com

Since I got positive feedback the last time I posted this kinda stuff, here's the more new entertaining ones I've found so far and put on my site ever since the original quasar one.

Format is

GAME BEING PLAYED - PERSON PLAYING IT - SONG NAME

In The Groove - Pickles - Pandemonium Expert [no bar] (click here) - DDR type game, his upper-body movements look retarded but if you've played DDR you know to concentrate on the feet. Who said only asians could be good at DDR?

O2Jam - Roylee - Red Sign [Hard] (8 MB) - This is a game called O2Jam for the PC, it is played on a SDF-spacebar-JKL type setup. This song is ridiculous as he practically gets it down perfect.

Pump It Up - Nariz de Doze (from Brazil) - Dignity (with feet shown) [Crazy] (5.1 MB) - This one is INSANE. At the 1:13 mark his FEET (yes I said FEET) are, no exaggeration, moving at 13 notes a second exactly, for 3 seconds, meaning he hits 40 steps in 3 seconds!

Stepmania - Arch0wl - Reality (click here) - If you saw the old quasar video, and you thought that was fast..you haven't seen anything yet. The quasar video was 232 bpm, meaning it went at 15 notes a second. This video is 260, so it goes at 17 notes a second. If you have Stepmania, you can download the file for it http://www.arch0wl.com/files/reality.zip. (I actually play drums though, so before anyone says anything - no I don't spend 5678937693 hours a day trying to replicate drums on arrow keys)

Enjoy!

-Arch

Last edited by Arch0wl; 07-01-2005 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
treefalse
Super-Tree

Nice to meet you, Arch0wl. I've seen the videos, and I'm quite impressed. The "Arrows on the Keyboard" guy should try out for drumming.

Do people submit these videos to your site or something? Or do you have a bunch of DDR freinds?
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
bald muffin

Arch0wl strikes again with his crazy gaming vids!!! Just wanted to say that, I'm downloading it right now.

EDIT: Wow. The company that makes these games is crazy. And the people who play these games are crazy. Arch0wl can probably be a really good pick-pocket, with his fast fingers and all. Thank you for the excelent videos.

Last edited by bald muffin; 07-01-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Arch0wl

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefalse
Do people submit these videos to your site or something? Or do you have a bunch of DDR freinds?
I usually run across them somewhere or someone links me to it. It's a mixed bag. Considering I used to be pretty big in the community I can usually get these kind of videos before anyone else does but I end up passing up a lot of stuff in favor for only videos with really good angles and clear shots and such, because while a lot of people may be good at hitting stuff in time with music, they blow at using a camera =\

The "arrows on a keyboard" guy is me and I do take drums though, but I dunno if you were referring to that =X

To all the people that bash it because it's not a real instrument - it's not like we don't play instruments or anything, it's just that music game vids are cool because you can visually see how someone is doing even without having played it before. With piano, you can only tell how hard something is if you've played piano. Usually the same deal with drums (unless your last name is Portnoy), and it's hella true for the bass. With stuff like this you can just get a visualization of the notes as the person is playing it.

Also saying "I play ____" is still kind of vague because you could say "I play guitar" and you could just be one of those idiots that walks around doing extremely basic chords and the first several bars of Stairway to Heaven to impress chicks or something. I dabble with piano but in no way would I say "I play piano" because that's like saying "I workout" and only doing 40 pushups a day.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #5
treefalse
Super-Tree

I play the drums, too. Maby I should get that game. What's it called?
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
Gatecrasher

i just downloaded that O2Jam after watching the video and is it smeg as easy as it looks lol really good game tho, just shame u gotta pay a monthly fee to get all the other songs which is a bit dissapointing
Old 07-03-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
rehabisforquitters
hey hey

This thread is too busy..i didnt bother to mess with it...
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #8
Arch0wl

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefalse
I play the drums, too. Maby I should get that game. What's it called?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepmania

most people use it to play on the arrow keys though and ignore the fact that it can be used to simulate DDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehabisforquitters
This thread is too busy..i didnt bother to mess with it...
"busy"?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #9
Gatecrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepmania

most people use it to play on the arrow keys though and ignore the fact that it can be used to simulate DRR.
why not just give him the real site

www.stepmania.com

:P
Old 07-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
Arch0wl

Well, because he asked what it was XD