Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

Old 08-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
Frookie

Tournaments Won: 1

Default I Am Insulted (POST ASAP NICKYCHRIS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickychris3
That everyone here are a bunch of moronic imature geeks who pat each other on the back for being oh so mature, and talk badly about anyone who isn't "in". And you know... i'm starting to agree with him as well. What is with you guys (particularly Frookie)? This is more of a useless crap for a dozen people. I mean, i'll post in here if a conversation strikes my interest... but come on, what are we doing here that we couldn't do everywhere else? Besides deem the "less mature members" worthy of being in our presence.
I am insulted by you nickychris3. That place was freedom, nothing happened in it because we weren't doing anything with it, and if you think that there's nobody worthy of being in there but you, then shame on you. That's making you less mature than any of us who are actually able to see it. You think that you know it all nickychris3, but you just don't. I don't, and nobody else will know it all. It was basically like useless crap, but at least it wasn't some place where everyone just went, uh....that girl has nice hooters, wow, there's a thread idea, are her hooters lovely or not? post thread, option 1: yes, option 2: hellz yeah option 3: r u blind?

We could have made that section a lot more interesting by talking maturely about a certain topic that was in the news, like whether we thought Pluto should be classified as a planet or not. BTW: I warned all of you who wanted to watch that video of what was going to be in it, it's all animated too. I made a huge disclaimer, but I guess that seeing as how most of us are underage, we're not going to look at that video at all.

Now, seeing as how everything in that section was locked up, what do we do? We can't post in there about mature things, seeing as how it's locked up completely. So nickychris3, I want to ask you a couple of questions.

1. How mature did you feel that section was?
2. Whom do you think should've been kicked out of it?
3. Why did you even care enough to post that remark?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

Go Frookie!
Boong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
rehabisforquitters
hey hey

I can't believe I'm not "In".
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
NartFOpc
is good at stuff

what did I miss?
NartFOpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

What a useless thread.
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
aaproductions

I see Frookies point. If NickyChris wouldn't of posted that, the Mature subforum would be still existing. Clearly, Frookie liked that subforum, so he's mad at her. I personally liked it too.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

I didn't like it.
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
Snow
19th President

It was getting pretty pointless IMO, there were a couple fights in there.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
blackice
Administrator

If you want to bitch about it, bitch at me. I'm the one that shut it down. Nicky just echoed what I've been feeling about it for awhile.

Edit: unlocked, but please keep it civil

Last edited by blackice; 08-16-2006 at 10:15 PM.
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #10
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice View Post
If you want to bitch about it, bitch at me. I'm the one that shut it down. Nicky just echoed what I've been feeling about it for awhile.
Edit: unlocked, but please keep it civil
What are you talking about? Nicky simply repeated what I've been stating the entire time; she even credited me in her post. I think the problem you had was your selection of "mature people". Seeing Frookie cry with the lost of his special place should help give you a good idea of what you aren't looking for.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #11
nickychris3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frookie View Post
I am insulted by you nickychris3. That place was freedom, nothing happened in it because we weren't doing anything with it, and if you think that there's nobody worthy of being in there but you, then shame on you. That's making you less mature than any of us who are actually able to see it. You think that you know it all nickychris3, but you just don't. I don't, and nobody else will know it all. It was basically like useless crap, but at least it wasn't some place where everyone just went, uh....that girl has nice hooters, wow, there's a thread idea, are her hooters lovely or not? post thread, option 1: yes, option 2: hellz yeah option 3: r u blind?
We could have made that section a lot more interesting by talking maturely about a certain topic that was in the news, like whether we thought Pluto should be classified as a planet or not. BTW: I warned all of you who wanted to watch that video of what was going to be in it, it's all animated too. I made a huge disclaimer, but I guess that seeing as how most of us are underage, we're not going to look at that video at all.
Now, seeing as how everything in that section was locked up, what do we do? We can't post in there about mature things, seeing as how it's locked up completely. So nickychris3, I want to ask you a couple of questions.
1. How mature did you feel that section was?
2. Whom do you think should've been kicked out of it?
3. Why did you even care enough to post that remark?
.................... are you kidding me?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
Frookie

...NO! I'm not kidding you
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #13
paranoia

What has been going on between Nickychris and Frookie is a classic example of forum wank.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #14
nickychris3

O_o What?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 AM   #15
paranoia

"smacks head" Not THAT kind of wank.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #16
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

I guess the Mature Conversations forum is okay, it's just that nobody really talks there anyway, so I see why it was closed. But then, if some people like it still, I guess it should stay open. Heh. Being an admin sounds a bit complicated.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 AM   #17
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Sounds like Nicky was the only mature one in there.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 AM   #18
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

she wasnt
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #19
Frookie

no, but honestly, everyone has a problem over the internet, mine's posting too much, her's is her faith which gets in the way some of the time
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #20
Snow
19th President

Nickychris gets PO'd too easily.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #21
Frookie

well, that I can partially agree with, she does get po'd, we all do, but she only gets po'd easily when someone says something like God = your mom who I just did
Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #22
blackice
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
What are you talking about? Nicky simply repeated what I've been stating the entire time; she even credited me in her post. I think the problem you had was your selection of "mature people". Seeing Frookie cry with the lost of his special place should help give you a good idea of what you aren't looking for.
I picked out the first 10 members or so. Everyone after that was brought in at the request of existing members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDiamond_TearsxX View Post
Being an admin sounds a bit complicated.
It can get quite difficult. Trying to balance between making as many people happy as possible, combined with doing what I think is best for the board as a whole. Its quite a thankless job. No matter what you do, someone will find something to complain about.
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #23
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive

Well, I'm thankful, at least. It's not like you have to devote all your time to this forum. Well, a lot of your time, at least. So you deserve some praise once in a while. Sorry you don't get it too often.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #24
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice View Post
I picked out the first 10 members or so. Everyone after that was brought in at the request of existing members.
It can get quite difficult. Trying to balance between making as many people happy as possible, combined with doing what I think is best for the board as a whole. Its quite a thankless job. No matter what you do, someone will find something to complain about.
That's what I'm talking about; you simply took suggestions on who to let in. As to this being a thankless job, hey I use flashchat!
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #25
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Until this thread, I didn't even realize the Mature Forum had been disabled. Thats how often it's used. I don't really see the big fuss over it's removal.
@Blackice, thanks! There, now its not so thankless. =D

Last edited by Ryu-Nacho; 08-17-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote