Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

View Poll Results: Bagel Head Or Flip Dude?
Flip Dude (republican) 10 45.45%
Bagel Head (democrat) 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
bagel head

Tournaments Won: 1

Default gprime democrat vs republican debate 2005

Ok heres the long awaited debate.
democrat or republican?
Vote for who u want to win.
The ref. is blackice
first issue: economy
do not post you will have consequences.
No fowl launguage or hurt felleings start!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
blackice
Administrator

so I'm assuming that you want everyone to vote on the poll, but only you and flip dude to post?
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
bagel head

Yep I guess because people are going to be reading it any way! :D
Old 05-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
flip dude

Hmm economy ok let me think about it...
First off tax cuts. When bush first took office he promised tax cuts. In about six months he passed a bill through congress giving trillions of dollars to tax cuts.
The fiscal-year 2004 budget deficit now looks to come in around $435 billion,
This would be almost $100 billion below early-year estimates from the Office of Management and Budget and about $50 billion less than Congressional Budget Office forecasts. The administration is also getting its arms around federal spending. Fiscal year to date, domestic discretionary program spending has slowed to 2.7 percent from 6.8 percent a year ago.
There is virtually no evidence that the budget gap (two-thirds of which came from the Clinton recession) has had any negative effect on U.S. recovery effort. In fact, even with the fastest economic growth in twenty years, long-term Treasury rates remain at 4.5 percent, the cheapest money in over forty years.
Total employment in America risen by 629,000 to 139.66 million people.

Here are just a few more closing facts.

The unemployment rate has fallen from 6.2 percent in July 2003 to 5.5 percent now.

The number of unemployed people has fallen from 9.1 million in july 2003 to 8.2 million now.

Today, 139,660,000 Americans have jobs, more than at any time in our nation's history.

Thank You.
Your turn Bagel head.

P.S. Bagel, whatever happens i just want to say i wont hold anything you say against you. I will respect all your opinons but this is a debate so i will argue against them.

Last edited by flip dude; 05-16-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
bagel head

Although most of the things you just said are correct there are bad things happening with economy because of Bush.
  • The gas is much more money,
  • so is the oil
  • there are more beggers
  • and he takes from the poor and gives to the rich,
Do you think thats right?
NOw there are many more people begging you for money upon the streets, and he thinks that children shouldnt get shots but we should
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W. Bush
Save them for the old folks who are in more danger.
But does that make it right to leave all these little children open for shots when the "old folks" have had them when they were children.
If bush did this, eventually the world would come to an end, because all the children would eventually die not being able to have kids stopping the whole human race from living.

Your turn flip.
PS I wont hold any thing against you either just no hurt feelings or fowl language.
Should we go to next topic or stay on economy? Flip, you choose.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
flip dude

how about closing statements on the economy.
This includes final facts or new developments.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
bagel head

Ok fine by me, just check my new submission.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #8
flip dude

First off I will adress the gas/oil issue.
President Bush has no real control over the price of oil. Like I have said before it is OPEC and the Middle Eastern countries that control the price of oil per barrel and stuff like that. President Bush himself has asked the president of Saudi Arabia to lower oil prices.
The president discussed a plan to encourage building oil refineries on former military sites. Administration officials said Bush will ask federal agencies to work with states and local communities to try to identify ways for refinery expansion.
He also called on the Department of Energy to work with Congress to reduce uncertainty in the licensing process of nuclear power plants
Other items on the Bush agenda included a call to Congress to grant federal authority (via the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) over the location of new liquefied natural gas terminals in an effort to increase the supply of natural gas and reduce prices.

Additionally, the president called for expanding his existing tax credit proposal, which currently applies to hybrid and fuel-cell vehicles, to include those using new clean diesel technology. This means people who buy hybrid vehicles get nice little refunds and stuff on their taxes. A good solution.

Adressing the flu shots issue bush did not just say to issue them to the old people but to young babies. Healthy Americans were urged to postpone flu shots so there will be enough for those at highest risk from influenza (The flu)- children from 6 months to 23 months, the elderly, the chronically ill, pregnant women, certain health care workers and a few other groups.

Adressing the takes from the poor and gives to the rich. I admit that the first taxcut was basically taking from the poor and allowing rich people to pay less which is why bush didn't pass his second tax cut. His original intention was to help out the middle and lower classes but he actually helped out the rich. Again that is why he did not pass the second tax cut.

Okay Bagel Head I'm done if you don't have anymore to say then I am ready to move on to the next subject. I'll let you choose if you don't mind.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
bagel head

OK at least we both agree on these topics
  1. Gas prices (way 2 hi)
  2. Take <poor give rich
  3. the flu shots

But you have to agree about the influenza shots and the take from poor give to rich thing.

And thats all i have to say just CHECK MY SUBMISSION!!
Oh and i choose next issue:

How he got elected... (what a con...)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:24 PM   #10
flip dude

one question before we start.
Which election?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:02 PM   #11
bagel head

Either.

Come on democrats vote bagel head vote bagel head!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #12
flip dude

Vote for me the underdog!!
I don't have much time so i will adress this subject a little bit later.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
flip dude

Okay I will address the 2000 election.
In the 2000 election Bush pretty much one it fair and square. Bush won 30 states while Gore only took 21. Bush's electoral votes were 271 while Gore's was only 266.
Another topic of debate during the 2000 election is the recount in florida. I beleive even if they had recast all the ballots Bush still would have won.

A study of the 2000 presidential election by experts in Florida suggests that if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a statewide vote recount to proceed, Republican candidate George W. Bush would still have been elected president.
Lets Suppose that Gore got what he originally wanted -- a hand recount in heavily Democratic Broward, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Volusia counties. The study indicates that Gore would have picked up some additional support but still would have lost the election -- by a 225-vote margin statewide.

Next the 2004 election.
Bush was stil pretty popular in the recent election.
George W. Bush became the first candidate since his fatheróGeorge H. W. Bush, in winning election in 1988óto receive a majority of the popular vote (that is, over 50% of it); it also marked the seventh consecutive election in which the Democratic nominee failed to reach that threshold. This means that America really didn't like Kerry.

Bush received the largest number of votes of any Presidential candidate in U.S. history. Kerry, however, also received more votes than any candidate in any previous U.S. election, though not as many as Bush in this election. This was because of a record setting turnout at the polls.

The counties where Bush led in the popular vote amount to 83% of the geographic area of the U.S. (excluding Alaska, which did not report results by county, but had all districts but one of the two in Juneau vote for Bush).

All in all Bush received 286 electoral votes, and Kerry received 251.
He beat Kerry by more votes than he beat Gore in 2000. It looks like a lot of people still like Bush...

Your turn Bagel Head.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #14
bagel head

wait gimme some time i cant do it right now.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #15
paranoia

Not sure,I am a Republician on economy issues,and a Democrat on social issues.Hmmmm....Bagel head?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #16
terrelbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoia
Not sure,I am a Republician on economy issues,and a Democrat on social issues.Hmmmm....Bagel head?
Stop necroing these completely dead threads. Its not cool, and its making you even more retarded.

Edited: I guess I was a little harsh, I apologize.

Last edited by terrelbot; 04-03-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #17
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrelbot
Go cyber with old fat men like you love to do.
That's a little harsh man; give him a break.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #18
paranoia

I'll stop,but I did necro a few more threads before reading this,it's best not to respond to them.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #19
Ilikepandas

I vote the british monarchy to reclaim America
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #20
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
I vote the british monarchy to reclaim America
monarchy? britain isnt muchofa monarchy anymore.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #21
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
monarchy? britain isnt muchofa monarchy anymore.
It hasn't since it lost America! You cruel, cruel people stealing the King of Britian's rightful land with your "freedom" and "democracy" and "declaration of independence". Sheesh, its like your the Soviet Union or something!

Everything you have just seen was made up. Ilikepandas moments are just for fun

White writing? woooooooooooooooooooaaaahh
Old 04-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #22
murderbydeath

i vote american theocracy coupled with a nationalist/communist party/regime.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #23
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

Britian is still a monarchy a constituntional monarchy we have been for like for ages, before they founded the states.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #24
Snow
19th President

I found it funny that the majority of the people who voted for bagel head weren't from the US.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #25
tee-hee

Haha Pink Floyd nice signature.......

I'm not sure who to vote for, lemme read it again...