Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

Old 08-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Nicky
g-user

Default So summer's finally almost over...

... looking forward to it?
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
insan3
only with free cookies

Tournaments Won: 1

not at all
insan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

summers finally almost here....
yes im looking forward to it....
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
Nicky
g-user

Darn you Aussies...

Though actually I've been wanting to go back to school all summer, more than any previous school year.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

I wish school ended in fall...(cooler days)
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Summer is almost over....I'm somewhat looking forward to it because after this year I'm done with High School.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
Nicky
g-user

I'm just happy I'm not a freshman anymore.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

school came back a while ago down here....
we get less of a mid year break than you (but we get more Christmas holidays :P)
Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
Natus Lumen
Banned

I'm not looking forward to this year as much. I'm going to be a sophomore (that's tenth grade, or tenth year or whatever) and I already know I put too much on my plate. Five out of seven of my classes are advanced classes, three, maybe four sports, and I just dropped speech/debate. This Summer has been about the best one so far though, except for English and Geometry projects constantly looming in the back of my mind.
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
Nicky
g-user

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my Sophomore year... though I won't go as trigger happy with switching out of classes as I was last year. I nearly failed because I was always behind. -_- I think I'll be more focused on making friends and turning in all my homework on time, and efficiently.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #11
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Just do well and go through it, your Junior year will be giving you the most trouble.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #12
Nicky
g-user

My sisters told me it only gets easier from the Freshman year. I'ma take their word over yours no offense. Though really a school year is just what you make it.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Not really, in fact Freshman year was way too easy for me.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
Nicky
g-user

My freshman year was well... eventful. Ending up in my family moving more than halfway across the country. Not that I mind that part. That was actually one of the best things to happen all year.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #15
Natus Lumen
Banned

My freshman year was so easy and so fun. Every day in Spanish was some of the most fun I've ever had in school, ditto for soccer class, and even my hardest class, Advanced Biology, was really easy for me. Soccer was obscenely fun, even when it was about 12 degrees on game night. I had straight As easy all year long and the only disappointments I had all year were not being commended on either of our state standard tests, and getting hit hard for plagiarism on my portfolio.

This next year is going to be a little harder, but I'm sure it will be fine. I never felt very secure at school last year, being a freshman and all, but I'm going to be past that this year.
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #16
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

year 10 is the most fun ive ever had....
Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

I'm looking foward to summer ending. It's nice while it lasts, I mean, what kid doesn't love to have all the time in the world to do virturally anything? But I'm starting high school, and for me that's great. I'm a people person, and there's going to be kids from like 5 school all in one place, and hopefully some kids I haven't seen since elementary school. =D It's just a whole new door waiting to be walked through!!
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #18
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

The most fun I've had at school was kindergarten.
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #19
Nicky
g-user

Kindergarten was awful for me... though pre-school was worse. The sessions were held at this really fat depressed lady's house and she punished us through BEATING. It was bad. But I never told my mom because I thought she was supposed to be causing us physical pain as punishment... It's not like I had known anything else. :P Though I never did question why it was that I was suddenly no longer going there anymore. She even encouraged us to physically fight one another if we were mad at each other. I remember one time these three kids were picking on me... and for that the woman had them lined up against the wall and she told me to slap them in the face. Even at like... three years old I thought it was crazy.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyChris View Post
Kindergarten was awful for me... though pre-school was worse. The sessions were held at this really fat depressed lady's house and she punished us through BEATING. It was bad. But I never told my mom because I thought she was supposed to be causing us physical pain as punishment... It's not like I had known anything else. :P Though I never did question why it was that I was suddenly no longer going there anymore. She even encouraged us to physically fight one another if we were mad at each other. I remember one time these three kids were picking on me... and for that the woman had them lined up against the wall and she told me to slap them in the face. Even at like... three years old I thought it was crazy.
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Sounds like what a Chinese School would do.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #22
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

All of elementary school was crap for me. Went to some not-so-good schools where people didn't like my family (and through extension, me). Moved in time for high school though, which was a blast. Senior year was the best, hacking all the school computers (with some help) and installing games on all of them. I hear that the games haven't been removed yet. =D
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #23
Nicky
g-user

Kids are monsters in elementary school... cliques and reputations are even worse there than high school in my opinion.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

the local primary school (elementary school in your hillbilly language) goes on the same camp every year to the same place where a ghost of a mutant hybrid goat man is rumored to haunt in the nigh and cast shadows through the windows into terrified children's cabins......

me and my buddy started that almost 5 years ago and its still going strong......
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #25
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
All of elementary school was crap for me. Went to some not-so-good schools where people didn't like my family (and through extension, me). Moved in time for high school though, which was a blast. Senior year was the best, hacking all the school computers (with some help) and installing games on all of them. I hear that the games haven't been removed yet. =D
Yep...it usually does get way better in High School.
Quote:
Kids are monsters in elementary school... cliques and reputations are even worse there than high school in my opinion.
I agree, there were a group of kids who were trying to act all thuggish. They were all talk and so were the high school kids they tried to call over. I ended up having to "straighten" them out.