Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #51
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

That has got to be the stupidest excuse for logic ever. Forget religion for a second. If man were to accept everything about himself and his surroundings, there would be no evolution.

Frig that, there'd be no life.
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #52
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTheDeathAngel View Post
That has got to be the stupidest excuse for logic ever. Forget religion for a second. If man were to accept everything about himself and his surroundings, there would be no evolution.
Frig that, there'd be no life.
Well, darling, your sexuality is a little different than any little trait you may happen to have. ^_^

Why don't you go have sex with and marry someone of your sex? Hmm? No?
Why not? Because you're not attracted to them?
Because you want to spend you life with someone you actually...oh I don't know...love?
Oh...but they should go have sex with and marry someone that they're not attracted to. Someone they can't have feelings for. Just because others can't understand or accept their feelings. Makes perfect sense!

Sorry, no babe, it actually doesn't.

Personally, I would never, ever change my natural sexuality, and pretend to love people I really couldn't, just because there were people who disagreed. Would you?

Last edited by poisonedcandy_X; 12-08-2007 at 04:49 PM.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #53
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

Ariel, is it? Right now I feel as though my time would be better spent training a bat to use a sniper rifle. Frankly, I've literally heard better arguments from my 5 year old cousin. And she's no genius. There are at least 5 other threads explaining why, so I won't bother to explain.

But I will say this: you strike me as a person who thinks of herself as liberal and open-minded.There is no such thing. Every view that you think you came up with on your own was designed and planted by someone else. There is nothing leftist or liberal about being a drone. And there's certainly nothing original about following the path of every hippie before you.


Oh, and don't call me darling. We aren't that chummy.
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #54
gussa
The Little Colon Angel
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

oh no anoter flame war!
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #55
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

Ahh, but there really is no malice in my comment. Besides, I'd wanna battle someone more in my weight-class, like Gabriel, or Napalm, not someone who got run off the site because some dudes started calling her names (no offense).
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #56
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTheDeathAngel View Post
Ariel, is it? Right now I feel as though my time would be better spent training a bat to use a sniper rifle. Frankly, I've literally heard better arguments from my 5 year old cousin. And she's no genius. There are at least 5 other threads explaining why, so I won't bother to explain.
But I will say this: you strike me as a person who thinks of herself as liberal and open-minded.There is no such thing. Every view that you think you came up with on your own was designed and planted by someone else. There is nothing leftist or liberal about being a drone. And there's certainly nothing original about following the path of every hippie before you.
Oh, and don't call me darling. We aren't that chummy.
Yes, it is Ariel.
I assure you, I only called you darling sarcastically, darling.
Well, I don't care who thought of it first.
It's correct either way, and therefore I'll go on believing it.

I've been called much worse than a "hippie." Sorry.

It's so cute how you can say things like that without saying anything to actually try to prove me wrong. Nice try; you have nothing to support your beliefs, apparently, so I'll just disregard them. Everything I said made perfect sense, you just don't want to admit it because you disagree. Personally, I find that quite immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTheDeathAngel View Post
Ahh, but there really is no malice in my comment. Besides, I'd wanna battle someone more in my weight-class, like Gabriel, or Napalm, not someone who got run off the site because some dudes started calling her names (no offense).
No, actually, that wasn't what happened.
But good job pretending to know what you're talking about.

I'll fill you in:
I was kind of mad at certain people here,
but not thinking of leaving.
I talked to Nicky on msn.
Somehow, we ended up talking about gprime.
I told her about some of the things that have happened in the past,
and actually thinking about it made me realize that I shouldn't be putting up with it.
Then she made a thread about it, and most of the people were horrible.
Then I decided to leave.

See? Nobody calling me any name drove me away.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gussa View Post
oh no anoter flame war!
Oh, I assure you I'm not surprised. [:
I seem to attract them.
I'm quite used to them, really.

Last edited by poisonedcandy_X; 12-08-2007 at 11:36 PM.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #57
gabrielwhist
Banned
 

Default

First off, Sen, quit bagging on Ariel. There really is no reason, or validity to your cruelty. What she said was a really good point. You can't shoose your sexual orientation. Christians believe that God made man. Therefore, God made homosexuals to be homosexuals, and he wouldn't hate people for being the way he made them.

Second, I like the way Ariel talks! No one calls people babe and darling anymore. But they should, cuz its awesome.
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #58
nicolee xo
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

I agree with Ariel 100% :]
Love is love no matter which two people are in love. I don't think it matters weather or not your with someone of the opposite sex. I'm strongly Catholic and what I learned is homosexuality isn't wrong. I know a lot of people mistaken that. Everyone thinks Catholics deem homosexuality as complete evil but it's not even close to true. We accept everyone as who they are, as should everyone else.

By the way
I'm Nicole, new here
:]
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #59
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
First off, Sen, quit bagging on Ariel. There really is no reason, or validity to your cruelty. What she said was a really good point. You can't shoose your sexual orientation. Christians believe that God made man. Therefore, God made homosexuals to be homosexuals, and he wouldn't hate people for being the way he made them.
Second, I like the way Ariel talks! No one calls people babe and darling anymore. But they should, cuz its awesome.
Thanks a lot! [:

Ugh, Nicole "can't debate yet." Lamee.
So I'm posting what she was going to say.<3
Because everyone should be allowed to debate. I mean...seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
I agree with Ariel 100% :]
Love is love no matter which two people are in love. I don't think it matters whether or not you're with someone of the opposite sex. I'm strongly Catholic and what I learned is homosexuality isn't wrong. I know a lot of people mistaken that. Everyone thinks Catholics deem homosexuality as complete evil but it's not even close to true. We accept everyone as who they are, as everyone should.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #60
gabrielwhist
Banned
 

Default

While that is a very kind sentiment, I strongly disagree with it. Example: Pedophiles should not be accepted, ever, in anyway.
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #61
nicolee xo
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Very true..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 AM   #62
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Okay. I agree with you, I was just copying and pasting. I'm really sure she didn't think of that. xD
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #63
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

Guys... stop trying to make it seem like God's the one who makes you gay or straight. He gives you a choice in that just like everything else you do with yourself. I mean... yeah, you are born with a preference, but whether or not you chose to act out on it is completely up to you. Honestly though... I think we all have the potential to be sexually attracted to whatever he like. I think TPS said something like that here once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
While that is a very kind sentiment, I strongly disagree with it. Example: Pedophiles should not be accepted, ever, in anyway.
The definition for pedophilia has not only changed as time has passed... but it's also extremely differently viewed upon depending on where you live.

Edgar Allen Poe married his 13-year-old cousin... and yet no one seems to think there is anything wrong with that. I honestly don't know if there is. I don't know if there isn't.. either. Apparently he "truly loved her" though.... :P The way people described their marriage didn't seem very maniacal or sick in any way. Other then the fact that he was 27, and she was 13. (then again, i did gain the descriptions of their marriage from a documentary.. which was also slightly slanted in the favor of Mr. Poe)

Pedophiles should never be accepted? Ever...? Dude, that's just crazy. It has been established time and time again in these boards that there is a HUGE difference between a pedophile and a child molester/rapist.

Just because someone's a pedophile doesn't mean they're the scum of this planet. They have a mental disorder and should be helped through it. That's like with Sam and what he said about people with Anorexia Nervosa.

He's confusing people with a serious mental illness with people who simply have eating disorders.

Last edited by Nicky; 12-09-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #64
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedcandy_X View Post
Yes, it is Ariel.
I assure you, I only called you darling sarcastically, darling.
Well, I don't care who thought of it first.
It's correct either way, and therefore I'll go on believing it.

I've been called much worse than a "hippie." Sorry.

It's so cute how you can say things like that without saying anything to actually try to prove me wrong. Nice try; you have nothing to support your beliefs, apparently, so I'll just disregard them. Everything I said made perfect sense, you just don't want to admit it because you disagree. Personally, I find that quite immature.


No, actually, that wasn't what happened.
But good job pretending to know what you're talking about.

I'll fill you in:
I was kind of mad at certain people here,
but not thinking of leaving.
I talked to Nicky on msn.
Somehow, we ended up talking about gprime.
I told her about some of the things that have happened in the past,
and actually thinking about it made me realize that I shouldn't be putting up with it.
Then she made a thread about it, and most of the people were horrible.
Then I decided to leave.

See? Nobody calling me any name drove me away.




Oh, I assure you I'm not surprised. [:
I seem to attract them.
I'm quite used to them, really.
Jeez, not one, but three. Okay, I'll bite.

1. I wasn't being cruel. Trust me.

2.I didn't actually call you (Ariel) a hippie, but it's nice to know how you really think of yourself.

3. I never proclaimed to have any real knowledge of your messed up situation, nor did I care to find out. I was just drawing reference to the fact that you're not that strong a debater.

4. As for why I didn't respond directly to your comment, well I already explained that one. I don't feel the need to repeat myself just to make life easier for someone who's obviously just being lazy. Anyone familiar with Judeo-Christian theology (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) knows the story of Adam and Eve ( and Lilith, if you believe the apocryphal text). They were created in perfection, full communion with God, the first marriage. After the fall both were no longer sinless, and all their offspring were born into sin. I won't go any further, you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

5. Quite frankly I find your thought process very one dimensional, that's why I likened you to my cousin. I wasn't being cruel, just honest.
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #65
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

*sigh*
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #66
gabrielwhist
Banned
 

Default

Lols.
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #67
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyChris View Post
Guys... stop trying to make it seem like God's the one who makes you gay or straight. He gives you a choice in that just like everything else you do with yourself. I mean... yeah, you are born with a preference, but whether or not you chose to act out on it is completely up to you. Honestly though... I think we all have the potential to be sexually attracted to whatever he like.
Okay...ugh.
I'm sorry, Nicky, but I can't agree with you. They should not be expected to spend their lives with someone they can't even be attracted to. Also, if they were born that way [and they were], then they weren't given a choice about that. Seriously. I just hate the very idea of that. If I could only love a woman, I would be with a woman, and that would not be, in my opinion, my fault. Of course, it's really no one's fault, because there's nothing wrong with it, but you know what I mean. Then if God were going to punish me for the way I was born, I guess I'd just be punished.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTheDeathAngel View Post
Jeez, not one, but three. Okay, I'll bite.
1. I wasn't being cruel. Trust me.
2.I didn't actually call you (Ariel) a hippie, but it's nice to know how you really think of yourself.
3. I never proclaimed to have any real knowledge of your messed up situation, nor did I care to find out. I was just drawing reference to the fact that you're not that strong a debater.
4. As for why I didn't respond directly to your comment, well I already explained that one. I don't feel the need to repeat myself just to make life easier for someone who's obviously just being lazy. Anyone familiar with Judeo-Christian theology (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) knows the story of Adam and Eve ( and Lilith, if you believe the apocryphal text). They were created in perfection, full communion with God, the first marriage. After the fall both were no longer sinless, and all their offspring were born into sin. I won't go any further, you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.
5. Quite frankly I find your thought process very one dimensional, that's why I likened you to my cousin. I wasn't being cruel, just honest.
1. I'll disregard that. If you really believe it, you must just be some kind of clueless jerk. I really am sorry to say that, and I do hate to call people names and all, but come on. You can't basically call someone an idiot then be like "wtf, you replied!? i was just being honest, GOSH."

2. Okay, you might as well have. Can we just forget that? It's very unimportant, and it doesn't offend me. Lots of people have called me that, so whatever. I don't try to be or not to be, so maybe I am, and I have no problem with that.

3. Not a strong debater, huh? Wellll, I'll be perfectly honest. I don't care to be. I got my point across, and reading over it, I still think it makes perfect sense, so what you think about it isn't actually important to me. I was merely sharing my opinion, which I'm allowed to do any way I wish. I mean, okay, within reason, but I was within reason.

4. Okay, yeah, it might seem unbelievable to you, but I definitely know that story. It doesn't change how I feel about any of the rest of this, though...sorry. It seems pretty irrelevant, actually. I mean, what I said is that people are born gay, and so God must have made them that way, if you believe in God. It would be wrong for him to punish them simply for loving someone that they were born to love. It's not like they were born insane murderers. They simply love someone that, what, it's "not okay to love"? That's ridiculous.

5. Well, I'm only making one point. That's all that needs to be made, in this case. I'm not going to try to turn it into ten different arguments, thanks. :/

Actually, I agree completely with everything I've said. I'm not changing my mind, and I still see no reason that it's wrong. So I probably should just give up on this. You're just going to keep calling me an idiot, basically, rather than truly "debating", anyway. I know that the point I'm making is correct. That will never, ever change. Therefore, I don't really even know why I'm here.
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #68
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedcandy_X View Post
Okay...ugh.
I'm sorry, Nicky, but I can't agree with you. They should not be expected to spend their lives with someone they can't even be attracted to. Also, if they were born that way [and they were], then they weren't given a choice about that. Seriously. I just hate the very idea of that. If I could only love a woman, I would be with a woman, and that would not be, in my opinion, my fault. Of course, it's really no one's fault, because there's nothing wrong with it, but you know what I mean. Then if God were going to punish me for the way I was born, I guess I'd just be punished.
... huh? I was saying that I think all people have the potential to love either women or men. Though they are born with one preference... and usually go by that preference, I don't think it's impossible to sway to the other side. Or perhaps just like both.

I wasn't saying anything about it being a sin or God punishing you or anything. I was just... saying it. :P

Last edited by Nicky; 12-09-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #69
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyChris View Post
... huh? I was saying that I think all people have the potential to love either women or men. Though they are born with one preference... and usually go by that preference, I don't think it's impossible to sway to the other side. Or perhaps just like both.
I wasn't saying anything about it being a sin or God punishing you or anything. I was just... saying it. :P
Hah. Okay, this thread is getting me carired away. xD
But still, I don't think that's true either.
I mean, I couldn't just stop liking boys and date only girls.
So I don't know, maybe that's just me?
I guess it could be a slight possibility.
But I can't really imagine it happening in more than a few sutuations.

Ahh, I didn't mean to sound mean though, if I did.
Too much arguing.
I rarely argue with anyone. I don't think I'm used to it. xD
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #70
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

It's fine.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #71
Sen
Venture Capitalist
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedcandy_X View Post
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
1. You must just be some kind of clueless jerk. I really am sorry to say that, and I do hate to call people names and all, but come on. You can't basically call someone an idiot then be like "wtf, you replied!? i was just being honest, GOSH."

4. Okay, yeah, it might seem unbelievable to you, but I definitely know that story. It doesn't change how I feel about any of the rest of this, though...sorry. It seems pretty irrelevant, actually. I mean, what I said is that people are born gay, and so God must have made them that way, if you believe in God. It would be wrong for him to punish them simply for loving someone that they were born to love. It's not like they were born insane murderers. They simply love someone that, what, it's "not okay to love"? That's ridiculous.
Listen, you... *bites tongue*
I never said you were an idiot. I just said you had an idiotic opinion. Just like I didn't call you a hippie. Honestly, I feel as though the only reason you're reading so much into this is that, by your own admission, you get told that a lot. Rest assured, I feel no need to kick a dog when it's down. As far as religion goes, you can't just ignore the parts that you don't agree with. That's what's so stupid about your view.

And, provided you believe in a God, an omniscient, greater being, how arrogant do you have to be to think that you know better. The fact is, it's lain out for all to see that the Judeo-Christian God is against homosexuality.

As for the Catholic that posted earlier... well that's okay, your excused. As you said, you're Catholic, not Christian.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass if you stick your tool in another man's, well... It's not my place to judge AS I SAID BEFORE, but I get fairly heated when people try to undermine another group's belief system, heritage or teachings by misappropriating text and presenting it as Gospel. Like when people play "Operator" with the Koran to support their own twisted views. I hold you and Osama bin Laden in the same light. You all piss me the hell off.

Last edited by Sen; 12-09-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #72
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

Um... O_o did you have a rough day?
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #73
Scotty
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Okay, I strongly dislike this place so I'll keep it short and sweet.

First of all, I have never seen such a group of idiotic statements grouped together in all one debate in all my life (hate me for that if you want). Yes, I may agree with some points, I may not agree, with which it doesn't matter. I may not be a "strong debater" I may not be able to correctly word my points properly or spell flashy words right. But in a debate it doesn't matter.

You know what a debate is when discussing religion? It's a way to 'intelligently' bully your oppinions accross to someone else. The statement people have made on "whatever you think it's not your own thought someone has already thought of it" - or words to some sort of that effect. I mean please, are you complete idiots? What happened to ideas, evolution, progress? I can imagine it now, in that light of thinking Benjamin Franklin was going to go out and fly the kite but was like "hmm, nah, someone else has already thought of this idea, no point. I think I'll go to bed instead". Sure you can think of something that's original, you can come up with the conclusion that religion is right or complete bullshit on your own without other people's views.

Religion is silly thing to debate in itself, it's based soley on belief. No matter how much you debate it you're never going to come to a conclusion. As someone said before, the bible was written by man. I mean, how long has this thing been around? It's been 2007 years now since Christ was killed and it's been around longer than that. It's like a big game of chinese whispers, you honestly believe in over 2000 years with all the copying that was done by hand that the bible wasn't tweaked or bits added that were peoples own beliefs and not God's will? How do you know any of it is God's will, the first person to write the bible could have been a satanist.Look at how much conflict there is in it, look at how much war religion has caused. It teaches about forgiveness and understanding on one page, then teaches about hate and what's wrong on another. It's so damn contradicting.
I like people like NickyChris who don't follow the bible blindly, who can determine right from wrong. But why I ask do we need a book to be told what's right and what's wrong, are we seriously that stupid?

Religion aside, my personal view on this whole matter is if it doesn't interviene with other peoples lives, such as killing or abuse. It's perfectly okay to do. If you want to take drugs, go ahead! kill yourself! Just don't kill anyone else while you're doing it. Even while been agnostic and open minded about religions, I would like to see religion abolished world-wide, no more conflict about who's the real God and who're the infidels anymore.

Last edited by Scotty; 12-09-2007 at 06:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #74
Natus Lumen
Banned
 

Default

*gasp!*

Scotty! I thought you were dead! You deleted your myspace, after all.
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #75
Nicky
g-user
 

Default

That's your idea of short and sweet? XD
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net