Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Supa Fool
Band

Tournaments Won: 2

Default Terrorism

Quote:
The FBI announced a $10,000 reward Sunday for information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible for an apparent attack on an Oregon Islamic center that was attended by the man authorities say was behind a foiled bomb plot at a recent Portland Christmas tree lighting.
A fire appears to have started sometime early Sunday morning at the Salman AlFarisi Islamic Center in Corvallis, Oregon, authorities said. The building suffered some fire and smoke damage.
Mohamed Osman Mohamud, who was seized in connection with the plan to detonate what he thought was an explosives-laden van at a Portland tree-lighting ceremony Friday night, occasionally attended the center, the mosque's imam told CNN.
The blaze - discovered by a police officer who was driving by - was likely set intentionally, said Carla Pusateri, a fire prevention officer with the Corvallis Fire Department.
"We have made it quite clear that the FBI will not tolerate any kind of retribution or attack on the Muslim community," said Arthur Balizan, special agent in charge of the FBI in Oregon, on Sunday. "We are working very closely with the leadership at the mosque. We will find the person responsible for this attack and bring the full force of the federal justice system to bear."
The only difference in this terror attack from Middle Eastern terrorism? It's Americans attacking Americans. Why are Muslims the only people labeled as terrorists in American society? It wasn't that way for the few years after 9/11.
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Rather than a racial attack, this seems more like an association thing. Terrorist used to go there->others there might be terrorists.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

I'm pretty sure Muslims suffered some backlash after 9/11 happened and what's going on now seems to be an escalation of that.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Nicky
g-user

It's the new "Communism" I'd say.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Supa Fool
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
I'm pretty sure Muslims suffered some backlash after 9/11 happened and what's going on now seems to be an escalation of that.
Of course they faced some - but the hate had not surfaced in its entirety until the last one or two years.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Supa Fool
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
Rather than a racial attack, this seems more like an association thing. Terrorist used to go there->others there might be terrorists.
Yes it is, but it's also a paradox, because than the arsonists are terrorists themselves.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Sooner or later we're going to have a witch hunt for these 'Terrorists'.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Nicky
g-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
It's the new "Communism" I'd say.
"Red Scare", that's the term I was grasping for. And yes D_S, I agree.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

We're probably at that stage already, but the government is probably keeping it very low key somehow. Though I could be wrong anyhow...I mean it could be worse than what I think.