Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > debating

debating big whoop, wanna fight about it? (just kidding, keep discussions peaceful)

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Default Airsoft

Some states it's illegal to have a loaded firearm with you at any time, but what about that Made-in-China Replica that shoots plastic BBs instead of bullets?

What's your take?

BTW, if you want some cool Airsoft gear, The best site i've found is AirSplat.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Well...there should still be laws for it because there have been incidences where people have been threatened with very realistic looking Airsoft guns. As for the cheap Made in China replicas, for the most part I think they're not worth getting. I like to use good stuff like Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, KWA, or Western Arms. All of them are expensive, but they're fun to play with. Overall, I think it's fun to play and it's a good hobby. I haven't done airsofting in a while, but I plan to do it again once I find the money to do so.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

The main criticism of airsoft guns is that they often are near-perfect replicas of real weapons. There have been hundreds perhaps thousands of instances where an airsoft gun has been used to commit a crime, or has gotten someone killed as it was mistaken for a real weapon.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32 View Post
The main criticism of airsoft guns is that they often are near-perfect replicas of real weapons. There have been hundreds perhaps thousands of instances where an airsoft gun has been used to commit a crime, or has gotten someone killed as it was mistaken for a real weapon.
Yeah that's the main problem with it. Some laws have tried to prevent that from happening by trying to make sure the guns come in with orange sprayed tips or non-removable orange tips. Also, not having any of that will result in a fine and your gun being taken away. Still, the law still isn't enforced here that heavily anyway and usually in the event that they do actually catch you with it. The worst is you lose your gun and get a fine. Hopefully, they confiscate it fast enough from those who do stupid shit with them.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote