Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > ask an expert

ask an expert stuck on your flash movie? can't get your program to work? ask an expert!

Old 03-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
snatch

Tournaments Won: 1

Default how do i add sound to a flash video

i create my own flash videos, see 'cry guy' in the submissions forum. its a good video. but i need to add sound because if i dont the videos dont have th same fx as they would with sound.. can u please give me a good step by step of how to add sound to my flash videos.. if not on the forum then my email beterman777@comcast.net.. thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
VooDoo

No probs scratch here's what to do there are two ways you can go about this you can either edit your movie clip in windows movie maker and follow the wizard. Or you can import your video into flash make another new layer and import your sound you made into your library and click on a blank keyframe > properties > sound and there should be a drop down menu for your mp3,wave etc should be there.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
snatch

Default sorry.. i'm a gnar

my problem is i have no idea how to do that.. is there any like really specific guide or directions for that.. i seriously know nothing about flash, i just used the blue and purple animations in flash to learn FBF but it never said anythign about sound.. is there a really simple way to add it into my flash video without using another program or anything? i need help.. im a gnar when it comes to computers.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
lacrosse22

Default he just gave u a really detailed example

if u dont know how to add a layer ur an idiot, u basicly click the add alyer button... go to webwasp and learn stuff, google it
Old 03-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
VooDoo

Thats pretty harsh !!!! I use to ask questions like that a year ago untill i stuck my dedicated head into the books and pdf's, What you need is wisdom and guidance you need to follow some tutorials and do them over and over untill you have done lots and lots. Then maybe after that you might get some progress flash might not seem it but it's a dedicated program where you need to spend alot of money and resources.

Mind fuck flash tutorials
Old 03-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
Ilikepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatch
my problem is i have no idea how to do that.. is there any like really specific guide or directions for that.. i seriously know nothing about flash, i just used the blue and purple animations in flash to learn FBF but it never said anythign about sound.. is there a really simple way to add it into my flash video without using another program or anything? i need help.. im a gnar when it comes to computers.
No. You can't. Get over it. There is nothing in Flash that can create sounds.

You have to import a sound (click on the file button then a menu comes up. then click import.) You'll actually need to get sounds from other programs or the net. (Or the sound libary in flash if you have one)

Then click on a frame. In the properties menu there will be thing saying sound: none. change that to sound: (whatever sound you imported) and it will play that sound when you enter that frame in the movie)
Old 03-31-2005, 01:25 AM   #7
VooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo
No probs scratch here's what to do there are two ways you can go about this you can either edit your movie clip in windows movie maker and follow the wizard. Or you can import your video into flash make another new layer and import your sound you made into your library and click on a blank keyframe > properties > sound and there should be a drop down menu for your mp3,wave etc should be there.
Yeah like i just said !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
snatch

Default thanks

sorry voodoo but i just didnt get what u were saying im a total newb to the flash thing i know nothing about like layers or anything i jsut use very basic fbf and it takes a ridiculously long time.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #9
snatch

Default properties menu?

when i click on the blank keyframe there is no 'properties menu' i dont know what to do? where is this 'properties menu'?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #10
snatch

Default Yes

HOLY SHIT!! i found it HAHAHA! sorry for the hassle that was so simple all's tight over here thanks u guys rock!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
revilo

uhh no1 helped u crazy man......... but anyway..i no i already rock! hehehe justkiddin
Old 04-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #12
snatch

Default huh

wait who are you? haha
Old 05-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #13
Psycho_Killer

im new to flash so my problem is when i add music every other sound i add wont play itself until the last frame.