Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > RPing

Old 06-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #26
gabrielwhist
Banned

((Careful Gussa, thats god-modding amigo. And Drake wouldn't be being followed. He is the second in command of his Merc. group, i.e., the leader trusts him above all others and has no need to follow him.))

"Yeah, yeah, I got yer package." Veridius griped. "Here, and remember, you never saw me." He gulped, handing Drake the package wrapped in light grey spider silk. "Thank you." Drake said. "Heres your payment." He handed the creature a small vial of gold dust, Angel Dust. 3 ounes, as promised."
gabrielwhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #27
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

Tournaments Won: 2

((rayne was supposed to be following him BECAUSE he was part of a merc group... rayne being ordered by the people who hired said merc group... sorry if it was god modding but seriously, what could i have done from that situation P.S. im going to assume that this is set in at least semi present day time and giving rayne a wire))

"rayne check in! everything going to plan?" a voice cracked into his ear
"calm down man. yes it all going fine" he said
"jeez i don't even know why you dragged me out here.. its a simple pick up.. i doont see why i have to sit here and play baby sitter on the whole ordeal"

"that package is not in the least bit 'simple'. it's vital to our entire operation" the voice craced again. slowly becoming agrevated with rayne who despite his age was still a whiny teenager.

"i know i know... the package thats so top secret that you wont let me even know what im not allowed to know about it."
"thats right now just do your job and try not to screw this one up ok?" the voice patronisingly said before clicking out.

"chirst i could be doing something exiting but noooooo.... 'sit in a corner and watch a man talk to a fucking tree while they play swapsies'. fucking heirachy".

((so as not to "god -mod", ill let you be the one who makes you turn around and stuff k?))
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #28
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

((Note: character name is now Kaede. Dudeo doesn't fit the story.))

Kaede stirred from his position behind the trash bags. He had been sleeping for the past eighteen hours, and was into the better part of the ninteenth when a sudden buzzing in his ear awkened him.

The passing feet had hardly disturbed his sleep, but the transmission frequency gave him a headache. He knew somebody was receiving nearby, because that was the only time it affected him. Probably a merc, he thought, transmissions were their sort of thing.

Well, it would be over soon. Besides, he had places to be. He seemed tired all the time nowadays, but that could be because he hadn't eaten since he could remember. He still didn't feel hungry, but he made a mental note to attempt to have lunch today.

The men nearby didn't bother him, and for the most part, he stayed out of the way of mercenaries. He could easily deal with mercenaries if he had to, but, for the time being, they were not his enemy. He needed to conserve his strength anyway.

He pulled his socks on tighter and made his way through the crowd of creatures.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #29
gabrielwhist
Banned

"Mmmm." The creature said, licking his lips. "Very good." Veridius scuttled away into the shadows.

"Fucking druggies." Drake mumbled, heading past him to the subway entrance. Opening the door, he stepped out into a teeming outdoor market, thronging with spirits in what was an old abandoned section of town for the human world. Weaving his way through the crowd Drake made it to the drop off spot. "Come in Arkus." He said into the walkie talkie. "I have the package. Pick up needed."
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #30
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

(OOC: Sorry for the late start, haven't been on Gprime for a few days, been busy. Also, I can't see Varghan tying into the current situation you guys are playing, so he's doing something a little different. He's in the same general area though. Also, permission to control character and what not.)

"Just open the God damn case, and show me what you have, merchant." The scrawny kappa behind the counter hesitated, still trembling at the imposing figure before him. "A-alright, I'll open the case. It's normally reserved for 'special' customers though."
Varghan chuckled a bit, replying, "I don't think you know who you're talking to. If the Ragna clan isn't special enough, we've got some talking to do."
He opened the case, revealing his best weapons. Varghan had taken an interest in these toys the humans made-they were unlike anything found in his native world, and tilted the hunt even more to his advantage. Various weapons lay inside, all of them very useful. Short range weapons like special clubs and swords. Sniper rifles. Varghan's favorite though, was the chain gun in the bottom. A weapon that could turn a suitable man into a tank-what would it do for a monster?
"Merchant, how much for the case?"
"Wh...The case?!"
"With everything inside, yes."
"Tons! Do you think you even come close to the amount?"
Varghan pulled a pack off of his back, and handed it to the gun dealer. The kappa opened it carefully, suspicious of what may be inside. After a few seconds, he glared at Varghan. "This...how did you get so much, and why do you carry it around so casually?"
"It doesn't matter," Varghan replied. It's only natural I'd have so much after devouring the filth of this world.
"And what of the weapons? What do you intend to do with them? Why would anyone nee-"
"Just tell me. Is it enough?"
"Um...No."
The kappa jumped back as Varghan slammed his fist on the table, snarling in anger. "How much more, merchant?! Or is it that you refuse to sell me these weapons?!"
The gun dealer set the pack on the counter, and sighed wearily. "I'm sorry, but I can not so easily sell this much to a single man without a good reason. You refuse to give me your reason, so I refuse to sell them."
"Old man, you deal in blood and warfare. Such is the purpose of these toys. Why does it matter to you who buys and who doesn't buy?"
"I'm sorry, theres just something about the transaction you want to make that I just can't follow through on."
A few guards in the back, employees under the dealer began to rile up a bit, brushing over the triggers of their weapons, and flexing their claws.
"Whatever. I know better than to start a commotion, so I'll just try again some other time." Varghan stormed out of the small corner store, swearing and cursing the old man's name, and began towards the next potential transaction.

Last edited by Ryu-Nacho; 06-13-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #31
gabrielwhist
Banned

Drake noted, with mild interest, a slight commotion between a kappa merchant and his large overbearing customer. "Pick up needed NOW, Arkus." Drake hissed, just as a small military transport helicopter flew over the bazaar, and circled around to settle in next to him, with Arkus sitting inside. "Conspicious enough!?" Drake huffed, hopping inside. "Don't worry Drake." Arkus soothed, "Its glamored. As far as mortals are concerned this is just a rather large and annoying fly. Now then. Lets get airborne. Take us up pilot." Upon his instruction the helicopter lifted off, and flew off to the North, into the forests beyond even the abondoned areas of the town.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #32
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

((Seriously gabe, "glamored"? Let's just forget this and read "Tithe" for god's sakes. Be original! Anyways, I'm obviously very, very behind, but I think I'll see if this works.))

Adirae slowly made her way through the bazaar's crowd, nibbling on day old twizzlers from her pocket. She couldn't decide what she enjoyed more: the foreign trinkets on each table, or the even more varying crowd. She didn't know what it was about the place, but something...mystic made the air jump. Between her and every being in the market pulsed an energy that she couldn't explain. Everywhere else people felt so...dead. Here was where she was most happy. Her senses buzzed; the smell of lamb and cured meats hung about her, and light shone off all the silver ornamenting the tents. She decided that there was no need to rush, so she went off in search of her favorite merchant.

As she approached she heard angry speech being exchanged:
"How much more, merchant?! Or is it that you refuse to sell me these weapons?!"

She searched for the source of the voice. Some muscled jerk, probably thinks he's all that. After some more rough words, the customer stormed off.
"Hey, Jeriah, what'd that asshole want?
"He was pushing for a weapon from 'that' collection, and I wouldn't give it to him, so he blew up at me. You know how I hate when customers yell."
"Sorry I didn't get here sooner, J. At least it was you and not some one who would've given in. He doesn't look like he needs any help from a weapon. Why'd he say he needed it, anyways?"
"That's the thing, he wouldn't, and I can't just recklessly give away dangerous machines to 'no reason's"

For some reason, Adirae was very interested in finding out the reason behind this jerk's desired item.

"Listen, I'll be back soon, J, I think I'll just...take a stroll."

She made her way out of her friend's tent and into the bustling crowd outside. After mixing about for awhile she spotted him, looking to harass another seller, no doubt. Watching carefully, she followed him from a distance...
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #33
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

"Damn that merchant," Varghan muttered under his breath. "He'll regret not selling me the weapons. Soon enough, he will simply lose them, and gain nothing in return." A man crossed his path by accident, only to be met with a harsh shove. He fell to the ground, angry and attempting to identify who had pushed him over. But when his eyes met Varghan's, he simply apologized and ran off.
"Cowards, the whole lot of 'em."
"Vaaaarghan, look out, you're about to walk by your favorite store." Off to the left, the proprietor of a small and expensive charm shop called out, beckoning the large man with a sly smile. She was an enchantress. She created magical rings, necklaces, and other small, easily carried items. And she really was Varghans favorite, though not necessarily for her store alone. She sold other 'services' to customers in the know.
Ah, my last stop for the day. Perhaps I'll have better luck here than the last few ventures. "Cassilda, how are you?"
"Oh Varghan, I know you're not out for a chat. What brings you here today? Business, or pleasure?"
"I have no time for pleasure today, woman."
"Didn't you say that last time?"
"Hmph. Just show me whats new."
"Why certainly my dear."
Cassilda laid a number of things out on the counter, and gave him some time to look them over, detect what he could on his own from them. As he was eying what he believed to be a potentially powerful necklace, Cassilda spoke softly, "Varghan, is that girl a friend of yours? She seems to be staring at you, while trying to stay hidden." She pointed towards the doorway casually, trying not to alert her just in case.
Varghan turned around, but the girl vanished from sight before he could see anything. "No, she is not...I happen to be alone today...Cassilda, keep these out for me, I'll finish looking later. I need to see about this girl first."
"Certainly, Varghan. But please, don't kill her. Not in front of my shop, at least."
"Hah, I'll think about it."
Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

She watched as he entered a shop. This one was harmless enough, she had been there once before. She'd even bought a locket for herself with some birthday money, though she barely ever wore it. Actually, now that she thought about it...it was an awfully strange necklace...kinda gave her the feeling that she was glowing from the inside whenever she wore it. She reminded herself she wasn't here to reminisce about a dumb necklace, and got back to watching that chump. From the looks of things he knew the shop keeper well. As she was watching the shop keeper gently poked her finger into the air.

"Oh shit, she must have seen me." Aridae thought. She didn't panic, but moved a tad more behind her cover.
She glanced back, and the man was heading towards her
"Dammit, I had to pick Mr. Tough Guy. Ah, he's probably all bark anyways." Just in case, she turned her back and tried her best to look thoroughly absorbed by the bug crawling by, and, figuring it couldn't hurt, extracted a twizzler from her pocket.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #35
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post
((Seriously gabe, "glamored"? Let's just forget this and read "Tithe" for god's sakes. Be original! Anyways, I'm obviously very, very behind, but I think I'll see if this works.))
((Wow Metal. You obviously know absolutely nothing about the mythology of the fey. Glamour is one of the most common elements of fairy mythology in European lore. This is based on mythology and lore. Not books. Just because your only knowledge of a subject is a single book doesn't mean that that is where everything on the subject comes from. Gleen more than a cursory knowledge of a subject before you presume to flap your trap off about it.))
Old 06-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #36
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Kaede was rubbing at the back of his neck. There had been a commotion at a kappa merchant's table just a minute before, and he had craned his neck to see what was going on. 18 hours of sleep was no good for one's neck mobility, he quickly decided.
Well, at least he wasn't tired anymore.

Suddenly, his mind reeled. Did he recognize the hulking customer leaving the merchant's table? No, certainly not. Certainly, his mind was playing tricks on him, likely due to the oversleep. Or perhaps the hunger. Or the remnants of the transmission-induced headache. Quite possibly, it could be all three. It was a trick of the light.

But he was not entirely convinced. "Careful," he said to himself, "even dubious recognition is not to be lightly disregarded, especially in this place."

His stomach would wait. He decided to pursue.

Kaede noticed a girl ahead of him, who seemed to be following the same creature. She, he certainly did not know. She had stopped just feet from the shop the creature was currently in. Suddenly, the customer turned, and she ducked behind the cover she was using.

He didn't know her angle, but he definitely knew a confrontation would take place unless something happened quick. He was in no mood to witness a confrontation; he merely wanted to know if he recognized the customer.

Last edited by Dudeo; 06-16-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #37
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
((Wow Metal. You obviously know absolutely nothing about the mythology of the fey. Glamour is one of the most common elements of fairy mythology in European lore. This is based on mythology and lore. Not books. Just because your only knowledge of a subject is a single book doesn't mean that that is where everything on the subject comes from. Gleen more than a cursory knowledge of a subject before you presume to flap your trap off about it.))
((Really? Sorry, didn't know that. I've read bunches of that stuff, and I've only encountered it in the those books, and coupled with the court names, I figured you were just too lazy to think of your own. I wasn't trying to pick a fight.))
Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #38
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Varghan stepped into the open market yet again, but this time in search of a possible spy. There were several girls nearby, browsing other stalls and chatting. But one girl stood out in particular. She had squatted down, and seemed wholly absorbed watching a bug. A twizzler dangled from her mouth as she watched quietly. It had to be her. She was just too suspicious.
He decided to take another look around, not wanting to waste time with the wrong person. As he eyed over the crowd, his gaze crossed with another creature a short distance away. "Dammit," Varghan muttered to himself. "Is he watching me too?"
The girl twitched a little bit on hearing him speak. She definitely had to be the one who was following him. Are there others watching me? Are they working together? ... I must consider my options. A poor choice may lead to a war here. After staring at the other creature, he broke his stare, and said "If you know whats best, you'll stop following me." With that, Varghan turned around to head back in the shop.

Last edited by Ryu-Nacho; 06-16-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

She stood and turned around.

"And if you don't want an enemy you'd better think twice before bothering Jeriah again."

She knew it was a mistake as soon as the words slipped from her mouth. Why did she always have to speak up?!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #40
gabrielwhist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe View Post
((Really? Sorry, didn't know that. I've read bunches of that stuff, and I've only encountered it in the those books, and coupled with the court names, I figured you were just too lazy to think of your own. I wasn't trying to pick a fight.))
((The tone of your posts says otherwise. But yeah, the only two large courts in mythology and lore are the seelie and unseelie. And glamour, and iron, and the name thing and all that are very basic parts of mythology, as are changelings like the main character in tithe. As Holly Black says, its a modern fairy tale. A complete rip off of old folk lore and myths, just with a cool new story and set in modern times.))
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #41
gussa
The Little Colon Angel

"uhh control?" Rayne spoke into the button mic hidden discreetly on his vest "what the hell do i do now? he's flown off in a frigging helicopter"
"does he have the parcel?"
"yes"
"then your work is done. dont worry about the rest. it will be taken care of. for now your duty is finished. well get back to you when we need your help once more" the authority in the tone of the voice was almost patronizing
"so youre just gonna dump me in the middle of this frigging market?!. you cant do that i need a ride back!" rayne shouted. but the voice was already gone.
"fucking great! now what?" he decided he may as well look around this place for something usefull. he turned and started walking along the countless stalls browsing and hoping something would happen to brighten up his day.

((a little bit of a time skip i realise but i didnt get in in time back up there so i just wanted to point out that i stopped following Gabby after the chopper))
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #42
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielwhist View Post
((The tone of your posts says otherwise. But yeah, the only two large courts in mythology and lore are the seelie and unseelie. And glamour, and iron, and the name thing and all that are very basic parts of mythology, as are changelings like the main character in tithe. As Holly Black says, its a modern fairy tale. A complete rip off of old folk lore and myths, just with a cool new story and set in modern times.))
((Yeah, I knew about the iron and changelings. Now I'm gonna go read about the rest! ;D))
Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #43
gabrielwhist
Banned

The chopper took off, taking Drake and Arkus towards the Seelie Courts hidden entrance in the woods. Of course, nothing is ever easy in the world of magic, and as luck would have it, there was a Seelie escort just waiting to intercept them.
"Shit." Swore Arkus upon seeing the verifiable army of Seelie warriors. "Drake. I can't take the parcel. They'll follow me. That means you have to take it and run. Get the package to court at all costs. The Band of the Red Fang is yours now. Go."
"I can't just leave you to die Arkus!" Drake pleaded. "You've been like a father to me!"
"I'm already dead, if you stay, you are too. Now go!" Arkus yelled, pushing Drake out of the moving transport.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #44
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Varghan stopped in his tracks, and turned to face the girl. "An enemy? Tell me, girl. What threat do you pose to me? Or Jeriah for that matter?" He took a few steps towards the girl, who was either unflinchingly fearless, or paralyzed with fear. Varghan spoke quietly, so only she could hear, "I could kill you right now. It wouldn't take much."
"Adirae!"
An old, dry voice called out from close to where that other creature had been, though Varghan couldn't see him anymore.
"Adirae, there you are! I had this feeling you were up to no good, looks like I..."
Varghan interupted, "Merchant, you should make sure you keep your pets leashed, lest they be put to sleep."
Adirae turned to Jeriah, attempting to break into a brief run to the old kappa when an idea hit Varghan. It was a dirty idea, but it wasn't any worse than some of his previous dealings. He shot an arm out, and grabbed the girl by the shoulder. To ensure she knew the situation, he gave a good squeeze, hinting at crushing her delicate human body.
She cried out, both angry and scared at the sudden move, "Ah, let go! You oafish brute!"
"Jeriah," Varghan said calmly, "lets attempt another trade. I'll let the girl go for the weapons."

(OOC: Do whatever you want Becca. Break free, attract some help, agree to the trade, etc. Anythings fine.)
Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #45
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

((I'mafraid it's my turn now.))

Kaede grew tense as the scene played out in front of him. Damn that girl's mouth! He would have to play hero. He took a step forward as the creature he thought he recognized grabbed the girl, while talking to the merchant.

But his lethargy was beginning to return; whatever had kept Kaede awake for the past few minutes was moving away- fast. But the train wasn't moving... Then he saw it. A helicopter shrinking in the distance, and he knew he had to follow it. But that would have to wait.

As Kaede's mind returned to the task at hand, he found he was moving faster than he had anticipated. In fact, he was within two feet of the creature before he had the presence of mind to stop.

"Jeriah," the creature was saying, "lets attempt another trade. I'll let the girl go for the weapons." Kaede put the brakes on. And what a spectacular stop it was- He fell headfirst into the creature's back, bounced off, and crashed into a familiar row of gabage cans.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #46
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Lol, that works too.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #47
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Taking advantage of the blunder made by someone who seemed too interested in the scene to be a passerby, Adirae slipped from this man's grip. It was awfully strong, but brute force wasn't enough to deter her.

"Why do you want these weapons so bad? Surely a big guy such as yourself could get on just fine without them. Or is that just an act, hm?" She knew she was pushing her boundaries, but she needed to know. Why she had this thirst still puzzled her, but he seemed...different.

as she was waiting for a reply she cast a sidelong glance at the man slumped against the garbage cans. He seemed only slightly dazed, almost as if he had expected this outcome, yet, he also looked mildly distracted, maybe even annoying. She tried mouthing to him "who are you?"
Old 06-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #48
gabrielwhist
Banned

Drake fell through the air, it whistling around him as he plunged towards the forest canopy below like a bullet. Summoning wind around himself, he righted himself and spun like a top with his arms extended, creating a mini-tornado that acted as cushion, allowing him to land gracefully and unharmed on a tree branch. Tucking the package away in his side coat, Drake silently offered a prayer to whatever powers there be to help Arkus survive, and dropped to the forest floor. Unfortunately Drakes escape wasn't quite as uneventful as Arkus had hoped. Surrounding him, in a wide ring around the nearby area were small hovering pixie archers, three Kitsune swordsman, and five gryphon mounted elf knights. "Oh shit." Was all that Drake could say. He was a fine warrior himself, and could most likely take on any one of these people in single combat, or hell, even all the Kitsune or all the knights or all the pixies perhaps. But the three groups together? That feat might prove to much even for he. Drawing his sword, he prepared for death, to die valiantly, and unyieldingly. Fighting to the last stroke with the last breath in his body. He would complete this last mission Arkus had given him, or, more likely, die in the attempt.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #49
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

((Gabe's is moving away... Can't wait to see where it takes him ))

Kaede was looking up from the garbage. What a doozy- perhaps he had overplayed his role just a bit. But he had taken bigger drops. This way, he would look like a careless passerby, perhaps attract some attention, and the girl would (hopefully) slip out of the wolf creature's grip. Then he could perhaps get a closeup of the wolf creature, see if he recognized any features.

The girl- Adirae was her name?- was talking... Kaede listened. The wolf creature- Kaede hadn't heard his name spoken- had half turned to look at Kaede, but the girl's query seemed to have its full attention. The girl mouthed something at him. Couldn't quite make it out. He started to stand up... slowly. The wolf creature was going to say something.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #50
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

"Why do you want these weapons so bad? Surely a big guy such as yourself could get on just fine without them. Or is that just an act, hm?"
Varghan hesitated on his reply; he first wanted to gather in his quickly changing surroundings. The creature he'd seen earlier now lay in a pile of garbage, more a clumsy hero than a spy. Jeriah stood by Adirae protectively as his men rushed to his side. Cassilda stepped out of her shop curious to see what was going on as well. As well as them, a crowd of random passerby also gathered, possibly out of concern, maybe to watch what they hoped was an oncoming fight.
For some reason, he felt more compelled than ever to reveal his intentions, to simply tell them that he wished to destroy humans, that the purpose of his clan was to eradicate their world.
"My Commander won't forgive me for this," Varghan said, smiling. "Adirae. Jeriah. You insist on know my intent, on knowing why I wish to purchase those weapons." His smile lingered as he casually reached for the handgun in his pocket. He pulled it out, making sure it was easily visible for everyone around, and held into the air before bringing the aim down on the girl in front of him. "Allow me to show you!"

Last edited by Ryu-Nacho; 06-18-2008 at 02:51 PM.