Go Back   gprime.net boards > site related > frontpage news

frontpage news this is what you see on the main page. comments can also be found here

Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
Frank
G-dictator

Default Its Christmas Time...

...So its time for a Christmas update.

Heres a Christmas style twist on the wolf and three pigs. Watch it till the end.
Christmas Pigs

Here's an hilarious N64 Christmas Commercial I found.

Jingle Bells, Santa Smells...

Here is an awesome Christmas Beer Commercial. Do you smell BBQ?

Christmas Budlight Ad

Time for a politically correct Christmas story reading from Larry the Cable Guy.

Politically Correct Christmas

And now, for the last one. What not to get your wife for Christmas. It speaks for itself...

What not to get your wife for Christmas

Thats all for now. Merry Christmas!

Ps. Yes I know its a few days early, so what? :P
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Natus Lumen
Banned

Okay Frank, let me enlighten you on something extremely useful. I promise you will appreciate this. Here goes.

1. Get Firefox
2. Go to Firefox' website and search through what are called 'add-ons'. You are specifically looking for video downloaers.
3. Do not get 'google video downloader' or 'get video' dowloader. Look for one called 'Fast video dowloader'. It has a black, yellow and gray rectangular icon. Download this. It will be in the bottom right corner of your screen along with any other Add-ons you might have obtained.
4. When there is a video on the screen in your browser, whether you're on Google video, youtube, metacafe, or whatever, you can click the video downloader icon, navigate the location you want to save to, and your browser download manager will automatically start downloading the video. You might have to try a few times with this, and it would be a good idea to ensure the video's loaded all the way. Make sure it downloads as a .flv file.
5. Login as an update mod.
6. Upload the file from your computer using the browse feature. This takes anywhere between five and twenty minutes depending on the file size and your computer's capabilities.
7. As soon as it's finished uploading, the BB code for hotlinking the video in an update thread will come up. It looks something like [video]title of video[/video][7.5 mb]. Copy everything in the text window and paste it in the thread wherever you want the video to appear between text. When you post the thread, it will show a link to the video location on the Gprime main page and a still from the video like you see in all my and aap's and NOWAK's updates.

Of course, what you're doing is a lot less time consuming, and it isn't consuming nearly as much bandwidth as uploading the video like I said. But...apparently what you're supposed to do is upload the video because apparently linking is bad.

Cool update though.
Natus Lumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Frank
G-dictator

So once its uploaded on to gprime, Nothing will happen to it if I delete it off my computer? And I do have firefox, thanks for letting me know about the add-ons.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
NooMoahk

Tournaments Won: 1

But I like the links!