Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion

General game discussion general video game discussion

Old 02-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Literally unplayable due to spawn camping. Last 5 games I've joined I died before I could even move. I'm hoping the single player is at least decent.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Spawn camping? Jesus...I was about to try the game out myself, but the spawn campers seemed to have made the game that much less attractive. Oh well...I might end up getting it anyway just to see how it is.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

I freakin hate spawn campers.. I thought that wouldve been a good game too because it looked so realistic with the destruction eliment and such. I was impressed by the gameplay trailers.
the problem I had with a lot of FPS games is that I would kill eveyone in that point and then move on; if I go any further, I'm in their damn base! so i end up going into their base and then I find out that they HAVE ALREADY WENT OUT IN THE BATTLE. so I go up and try to find them then one of the guys on the other team will come behind me and kill me.
lame.
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

I don't get the point in spawn camping for a Battlefield game though. Aren't you supposed to be capturing 'spawn points' to have the better flag score?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

A lot of people will do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off (such activities are called "griefing"). But if you've captured all the flags, spawn camping would still work to keep them from re-capping (though still frowned upon).
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Other than that problem, it shows promise. Visually it's amazing. That's why I'm looking forward to the campaign.
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

You know what I hate? When you call campers out, and they're like "no i just got here hurr". And then they don't move. Make it a little more obvious, why don't you?

I do love using long-range weaponry on them, whatever fps it is.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho View Post
A lot of people will do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off (such activities are called "griefing"). But if you've captured all the flags, spawn camping would still work to keep them from re-capping (though still frowned upon).
Well I do know that there is the purpose of griefing. However, I was thinking more about the people who just do it without the intention of doing it...possibly because they want to increase their own score or something rather than focus on the actual objective of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeo View Post
You know what I hate? When you call campers out, and they're like "no i just got here hurr". And then they don't move. Make it a little more obvious, why don't you?

I do love using long-range weaponry on them, whatever fps it is.
Yeah...that's a bitch sometimes.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi View Post
people who just do it without the intention of doing it
I don't think it's possible to spawn camp without realizing you're spawn camping.
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Oh yeah...posted too quick there. What I meant to say was the people who are actually do that as a main method to gain a higher score rather than for purely ruining somebody else's game experience.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
LIB3RTY
g-user

I went back to playing this cos BF3 sucks. Sick of getting sniped with frag shotguns on BF3, utter BS.
LIB3RTY is offline   Reply With Quote