Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > general ramblings

general ramblings talk about anything and everything. get to know other members

Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #26
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtruskey View Post
A card game for two or more players using a 48-card deck consisting of two of each card from nine to ace, the object being to score points for various combinations and to win tricks.

Also this always irked me. The hell does the "G" stand for in G-Prime anyway?
Gimpy, dude. Know your roots. Shame shame.
MeTal CaNdYcaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old  
Google
Default Ads by Google

Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #27
happylittleClayFox
The Pied Piper of toads

Tournaments Won: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
As everyone else says, this place has provided a lot of laughs and fun memories for me. Maybe I'll even show the archives to my kids someday.
Shit. I need to post more so when I'm famous you can brag about me.[/sort of sincere but mostly joking moment of hubris]

Really though, that's fucking awesome that this place has been such a part of your life that you'd even think that.
happylittleClayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #28
Axel
=D

Fuck me, it's been a while. I remember I came onto this forum because my friend was a member, so I joined up as lolitsaxel. This was when I was in year... eight, I think? I was so retarded back in the day and never had anything important to say.
In terms of forums, I always liked gprime for its community and the fact that you could literally talk about anything here. Apart from gprime, I was only ever on design/photoshop forums but they all either died around the same time as gprime or I forgot the URLs. Nowadays I only come on here for nostalgia's sake, like everyone else. I've moved onto greater (worse) things like Tumblr and facebook, blerg.
Nowadays I'm about to begin my second year of university and will probably be majoring in either Pure or Applied Mathematics. Golly.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #29
Led_Zeppelin
America, Canada's pants.

I honestly don't even remember how I came across G-Prime.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #30
Supa Fool
Band

Quote:
Also this always irked me. The hell does the "G" stand for in G-Prime anyway?
It stands for G-spot
Supa Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #31
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

Oh, also: 14 feet.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #32
viper.gtsr
Rainbow Teddiursa.

I'm in the same boat as Zeppelin
viper.gtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #33
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

I joined when I was in middle school. I joined because I loved to watch the flash videos on the site and decided to start posting on the forum. I now attend the University of Kentucky (I'm a sophomore) where I'm majoring in accounting. I have grown up quite a bit since I posted on this site.
Boong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #34
Boong
The Pillsbury Postboy

By the way, I find it awesome that I was mentioned in your post. Add me on Facebook if you'd like: Facebook.com/ethansw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I started going on Gprime when my family got its first desktop computer when I was in sixth grade. My friends used to love all the videos and games on the site and then after a year or so I decided to join the forum as Fantastic1 (later Pink_Floyd and now Snow). I was really fascinated with the internet and the ability to connect with so many people you would normally never see. After spending my whole life in suburbia it was like a window to the rest of the world. I'm still amazed by the sheer enormity of the internet.

Anyway, I remember being probably the youngest person on here for a while, so it was kinda cool being able to participate in discussions with older kids when I was just 13, even though I was an idiot and had nothing productive to say. I thought Led_Zeppelin, Heyyou27, and God were so funny. I remember liking you more than most NartFOpc. RazerMurdoch and Zetex I also liked a lot. There are plenty of others whose handles escape me right now. I hated Boong. In a weird way this site (along with the internet in general) really expanded my world-view and helped me mature. Like ClayFox said I get a strange "home" vibe being on this site, most likely since it was the first website I frequented.

Now I'm in my second semester at the University of Rochester. Still unsure of my major but I've narrowed it down to a few. I really do wish Gprime was still active, even if just for nostalgia. It was bound to happen after John stopped updating and we all grew up, but it's still a shame to see it go.

Last edited by Boong; 02-28-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Boong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #35
Snow
19th President

Well, this is awkward. I'll post my facebook too and if any of you want to request me just message me your gprime name. http://www.facebook.com/lifekiwi
also last.fm
http://www.last.fm/user/jason344
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #36
Scotty
Godly.

*Scotty's post becomes facebook matchmaking site. You heard it here today follks*
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I was 12 and now I'm 19 and in university studying law which is like all I've ever wanted to do so yay. I also went through a phase where I was strangely religious here but I'm not so much anymore, I was a very annoying child I look back now and its like oh god but eh I probs still am. I joined with my friend from primary school who I now haven't seen in six or seven years so that.

I won a DVD from here which I still have Undergrads.

I still look like Conan O'Brien though so I'm pretty much the same.

Last edited by gwia; 03-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #38
The Perfect Seven
g-spot

I joined when I was 15 because gprime had a cool flash game back when I cared about flash games. Now 21 and graduating college in one month. After I graduate I will be doing design and artwork and website maintenance for a professional basketball team. Gprime was the first place where I tried out being openly gay and not giving a shit what people thought. Since then I have come out to all my friends and family, was in a relationship with an awesome deaf girl for 2 years though it didn't work out, lived in Australia for about 6 months and then when I came back I did some activism and started up a gay-straight alliance at my university. A couple weeks ago I shaved my head to symbolize all the changes I have gone through and hoping to start fresh and be true to who I am.
The Perfect Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #39
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

Funny how it all started out actively and now we have this site that is somehow...still here despite lack of activity. I'm just wondering if one day we go into this link and nothing is left.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #40
gwia
Aussie Philosophy

I'd be sad.
gwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #41
Ryu-Nacho
G-Monarch

I feel bad for being away from the site for so long now. It's been nine months, according to my profile. I thought this house was being abandoned and condemned, and now I return to see you hobos still hanging around.

I joined the site a little over seven years ago - that would have put me at seventeen when I joined, senior year of high school. I...I'm trying to think of the right words to put here, the proper way to express my thoughts, but I can't. There's so much I want to tell you guys. All of you shaped who I am as much as those I meet face-to-face each day. I believe I would be far worse a man in many facets without your influence.
I guess I should follow up with where I am in my life now. First, my job. I currently work a minimum wage job at Kmart, but I'm learning a lot there. I'm technically a 'Customer Service Associate', but I do pretty much everything in the store. It feels like I've learned everything there is about retail, all the way down from reading a blueprint to set up or remodel a store, and up to managing an active store. I've also worked with the regional boss on numerous occasions and wound up on his good side, which helps my chances of an eventual promotion to a more deserving position.
Next, I guess, is my journey to become fit. With some help and motivation from 4chan's /fit/ board, I've gotten into exercise and nutrition. Since summer of last year, I've lost seventy pounds and gained some muscle. That puts me at 230lbs and in fairly decent shape rather than 300lbs and unable to do a single pull-up or run a mile. I don't have any particular goal or stopping point planned, but I know I haven't reached it yet and likely won't for a while still.
The third big thing is that I've started working on an amateur game. I have a wiki setup to help me track everything, stories and ideas documented and tested as applicable, etc. Started actually making it about a month ago. Just finished setting up the class/skill system a few hours ago. Currently 214 skills spread across 18 classes. Not a bad start, I think. Still have a lot to do before the game has even a full minute of gameplay though.

And with that, I suppose my post ends.
I missed you guys. ;_;
Ryu-Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
MeTal CaNdYcaNe
Foxy gal meow meow

And now a new and improved, or at least hopefully elongated, era begins with gprime.net/g/gprime. Sniffle.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #43
Who Wants Grapes?
Que?

I was 15 when I first came across gprime. A friend had showed me a funny video on the site and afterwards I stumbled upon the forums. I remember a lot of the moderators now who were just avid posters. Coming back to this site makes me feel old now lol
Who Wants Grapes? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #44
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Came for the Gunz hacks, stayed because you guys seemed pretty cool. It sucks seeing Gprime the way it is now...
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #45
rtruskey
g-user

Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
Came for the Gunz hacks, stayed because you guys seemed pretty cool. It sucks seeing Gprime the way it is now...
We can fix it. We just need ideas!

DO U HAZ?
rtruskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #46
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

Quote:
We can fix it. We just need ideas!

DO U HAZ?
Hmm... we can lure, I mean, "Attract" people with promises of cake, Chinese food, and White Castle!

Chris Hanson would love it.

Or we could go back to having all those single-post accounts looking for hacks and stuff? Some of them might stick around...

But in srs. We need new content. The last new thing on the main page is like over 9000 years old.

Last edited by Liquid_Snake; 03-30-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #47
rtruskey
g-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
Hmm... we can lure, I mean, "Attract" people with promises of cake, Chinese food, and White Castle!

Chris Hanson would love it.

Or we could go back to having all those single-post accounts looking for hacks and stuff? Some of them might stick around...

But in srs. We need new content. The last new thing on the main page is like over 9000 years old.
I will get people to sign up.

We just need updates from John.

Someone needs to upload new content, to make more users come back.

We're stuck on getting all the old-timers back, and that's not gonna happen.

It's time G-Prime started fresh. A new start. Are you with me snake?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #48
Scotty
Godly.

Update: Coming up to the last year of uni now. Kill me. *swoons smelling salts underneath the nose of Gprime.net*
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #49
rtruskey
g-user

Scotty and I are on Skype.

What do you say that we make a giant group chat filled with past members of this gem of a site, for nostalgia reasons?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #50
Scotty
Godly.

Quote:
Scotty and I are on Skype.

What do you say that we make a giant group chat filled with past members of this gem of a site, for nostalgia reasons?
^ By the time everyone sees this, we'll have aged another 2 years.

Last edited by Scotty; 05-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.