Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion

General game discussion general video game discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default Alien vs Predator

The new Alien vs Predator comes out on February 16 of this year. It will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

The PC version uses Steamworks for multi-player and has DirectX 11 support for features like hardware tessellation. Graphically the console versions look pretty good considering it's a multi-platform title. The PC version will hopefully look fantastic due to the newer effects they are taking advantage of.

I'm hoping this is actually a good game as I'd like to see Rebellion bounce back off of their shitty game streak. They are responsible for the original Alien vs Predator on the Atari Jaguar (1994) and the later PC title that released in 1999, both of which were great games for their time.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

The Aliens vs Predator demo is now available on Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN. The demo is deathmatch only, and has a maximum of 8 players, although the final version supports 18 player competitive play. There final game also has co-op modes, one being very similar to Horde mode from Gears of War 2. I downloaded the demo on all three platforms so I suppose I'll share my experience.

The PC version looked and ran great at the max settings in Direct X9 on both my old and new machines. The demo unfortunately only supports DirectX 9 unlike the retail version that will support DirectX 11.

The 360 version much like the PC looked good for a multi-platform console title, and also had what I considered to be a smooth frame rate for a console shooter. Controls were very responsive and seemed good enough, but I don't normally play FPS titles on consoles.

I did not get the chance to try the PS3 version, as the demo is multi-player only and matchmaking was not working properly for me when I last attempted it.

This is definitely a title I'd keep an eye on as it might end up being one of the better shooters releasing this year.
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote