Go Back   gprime.net boards > other stuff > General game discussion > Microsoft

Microsoft Discussion of Microsoft console gaming products

Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Heyyou27
CIS SCUM

Default Xbox Live will be $100 per year, Pachter believes

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter said that he expects Microsoft to raise the price of Xbox Live Gold membership from the current $50 to $100 per year in the next few years during his recent appearance on GTTV.

Microsoft's David Dennis responded saying: "I don't foresee a scenario where we're going to double the price of LIVE anytime in the next couple months."

It doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion for Microsoft to increase the cost of Xbox Live when they're facing more competition than ever from free online services like PSN and Steam. It's hard enough for Xbox fans to defend the current cost of Xbox Live at $50, so a price hike to $100 will destroy Microsoft's subscription base in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Anyone here an Xbox Live subscriber currently, and would you continue to subscribe if the price was doubled?
Heyyou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!

I haven't signed up for X-box live yet...but if they hiked the price up to $100 per year then I'd be much less inclined to sign up for their online subscription services. However, there are probably hardcore X-box live gamers out there who play on X-box live so much that they'd probably still pay for it even if the price for the subscription doubled.
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
MrNaPaLm32
Banned

they have to offset the money they lose to repairing consoles somehow
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
Dudeo
GLITTER ACTION SHIT

Tournaments Won: 2

You got that right.
Dudeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Zetex
g-user

Tournaments Won: 4

I completely forgot, I have to call the Indian customer support reps and cancel my account. It's ridiculous how you're not able to cancel the subscriptions on the console itself.
Zetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Tommygun711
Hardcore boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter said that he expects Microsoft to raise the price of Xbox Live Gold membership from the current $50 to $100 per year in the next few years during his recent appearance on GTTV.

Microsoft's David Dennis responded saying: "I don't foresee a scenario where we're going to double the price of LIVE anytime in the next couple months."

It doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion for Microsoft to increase the cost of Xbox Live when they're facing more competition than ever from free online services like PSN and Steam. It's hard enough for Xbox fans to defend the current cost of Xbox Live at $50, so a price hike to $100 will destroy Microsoft's subscription base in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Anyone here an Xbox Live subscriber currently, and would you continue to subscribe if the price was doubled?
Nope, I probably won't get live at $100 a month. Damn, what a rip off, I hate to say it but the PS3 is FREE so why would I bother paying that much a month when I can play most of my favored online games for free on the PS3. (yeah, this doesn't include Halo, but I personally see halo 3 as an overrated piece of shit.)
Tommygun711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
Nitz
//wall blocks control

Tournaments Won: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou27 View Post
he expects Microsoft to raise the price of Xbox Live Gold membership from the current $50 to $100 per year in the next few years
Nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Liquid_Snake
SNAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!

No way. Xbox Live is awesome, but not enough for a yearly subscription to be $100 dollars a year. Fuck that, I'd rather play Wii games online.
Liquid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote