Go Back   gprime.net boards > projects and submissions > submissions > Old Unsorted Submissions

Old Unsorted Submissions Forum for old submissions from before we went to the categorized system. Replies allowed to existing threads only. No new threads may be created.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
Chaudy

Tournaments Won: 1

Talking Badass XPogo vid. Takes Pogo to the next level

This video is definatly worth checking out. This is a video i am posting for a buddy from www.xpogo.com check out the site, his vid. is on the first page. His name is Justin Iannello, and his AIM s/n is SHUwrestler149. If you want to e-mail him about xpogo or anything pogo related...or anything not related, he said feel free to e-mail him at shuwrestler149@yahoo.com

here is the video. enjoy :)

http://www.xpogo.com/movies/JustinFirstPogoVideo.wmv
Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
dave

I dunno why, but with the background music, this reminds me of a Rocky movie. Except theres no boxing, there's pogoing....That, and the pogo video has more of a plot than any of the Rocky movies.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #3
Void

It's like... he's good at pogo sticking and all, and like he can do all kinds of stuff that I could never do... but it's just that like, it's hard to look cool bouncing up and down on a pogo stick eh? Er like, and the music like makes you want to take it seriously, but I just can't, cuz he's on a pogo stick.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
treefalse
Super-Tree

At 1:30, he looses that little rubber thing at the bottom. And through most of the rest of the videos, he still doesn't have it.
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
Chaudy

the rubber thing is really unnessecary. it just makes it not sound clangy everytime you hop, and it doesnt make scratches. but...i think this is a very serious video. hahaha....xpogo is something i do myself, he is just awesome.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #6
BenDover

dude thats pretty tight but then... y does it seem like such a parody? i cant stop laughing especially at the end with all the screw ups... its soooooo funny.... LOL
Old 05-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #7
Stokes

Man, he's good...

Heh, it's funny, both members of his filming crew are named "Joe", lol!

And I've had mild experience with pogo sticks, and it seems like it's easier to keep your balance with the rubber thing than without it. (and the clangyness nullification is nice, too) It always seems to fall off, though.

The stick with the white casing is so big it looks like a jackhammer!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 AM   #8
Jubbin

Some of the things he did were really amazing. Takes lots of skill and practice, no doubt.

But next time, have a better choice in music!

Have something with some... heavy guitar. Or something.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Chaudy

it does take skill. and the pogo with the 'white casing' is such an awesome pogo. its the flybar. it can get like 5-6ft of air if you really work for it. and you can do some killer moves on it. good for stalls. and grabs. it can also be adjusted to your wieght. and it works on rubber bands.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
Chaudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin
** Deleted by Moderator **
No one seems to realize the XPogo industry is slowly growing. One day it will be in the Xgames, as will Unicycling.

Last edited by blackice; 07-05-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #11
Puppet

it does like relly stupid but it would be fun to use the one that goes up 6 feet. id be doin backflips off it the first day
Old 06-01-2005, 08:32 PM   #12
Chaudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet
it does like relly stupid but it would be fun to use the one that goes up 6 feet. id be doin backflips off it the first day
some people do that. a popular dismount is the front flip. its pretty sweet. i cant do it, only because i dont want to die, but it was in the video...

and as for 'you've got to be kidding me' hhahaa...no..im not kidding. but you can think that if you want to.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:53 PM   #13
Jubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaudy
it does take skill. and the pogo with the 'white casing' is such an awesome pogo. its the flybar. it can get like 5-6ft of air if you really work for it. and you can do some killer moves on it. good for stalls. and grabs. it can also be adjusted to your wieght. and it works on rubber bands.
Yeah, the Flybar is freaking sweet. I had to do an article on it for school a couple months back. Strange, that is comes up now.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #14
Void

Just because System of a Down does a song called Pogo, doesn't mean pogo is suddenly socially acceptable. I hope all you pogo dorks bounce too high one day and accidentally shove one up your <expletive deleted.>

If one day they add pogo and unicycling to x-games they better damn well add in drunken dwarf tossing too.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #15
Chaudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void
Just because System of a Down does a song called Pogo, doesn't mean pogo is suddenly socially acceptable. I hope all you pogo dorks bounce too high one day and accidentally shove one up your <expletive deleted.>

If one day they add pogo and unicycling to x-games they better damn well add in drunken dwarf tossing too.
i think drunken dwarf tossing is actually trying to get into the x-games now.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #16
dave

Personally, I'm waiting for high speed competition skipping. That, or team boxing with crowbars, each round 17 minutes.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
Chaudy

i agree with what dave said. skipping...poeple will be putting flame projectors on the sides of there shoes so when they skip the people next to them get burnt.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #18
john
g-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin
** Deleted by Moderator **

:D

Come on now...

At least he doesn't have rollerskates embedded into his shoes.

(Did you ever get your heelies?)

Last edited by blackice; 07-05-2005 at 08:46 PM.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:20 AM   #19
goggle man

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
:D

Come on now...

At least he doesn't have rollerskates embedded into his shoes.

(Did you ever get your heelies?)
Yeah at least he didn't have them, although I had heelies and they add a lot of weight on the bottom of your foot.