View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Nicky
g-user

Default Am I missing something here?

I put this in the debate section not really because I want to debate, but because I don't think there's anywhere else I can put this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=-WPHyP0ut4E

So I just finished watching this video about some school in the UK that has more non-white children than white children, blahblahblah. I guess it was interesting. It didn't have much of an impact on me one way or another.

Then I read the comments.

It's basically all of these people who are pissed off about how white Brits are "losing their identity" and how the immigrants are "taking over". ... wtf?

I really must be missing something, because I really don't see why they're so upset. What the big deal? It's not like British people will stop being British. It's not like the history of their land won't still be taught in schools.

Meh, I dunno. What do you guys think? Am I ignorant, or are they overreacting? Do you agree that there are some places that should just remain dominantly white (don't be ashamed if you actually think this, I want to know your reasoning), or could you not give less of a crap about cultural diversity?
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote