gprime.net boards

gprime.net boards (http://gprime.net/board/index.php)
-   debating (http://gprime.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Prophet Muhammad! ([):{) (http://gprime.net/board/showthread.php?t=7073)

Ilikepandas 05-08-2006 02:33 AM

Prophet Muhammad! ([):{)

Should be be able to depict him? Shouldn't we?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muslims
Depicting the prophet is offending our culture

Quote:

Originally Posted by My argument
Well, blowing up the world trade centre is kinda offensive to our culture too you know...

gwia 05-08-2006 04:14 AM

No that is the stupidest thing anyone could do at the moment with this war on wait until these people are smarter and more mature and can take it with good grace and humour I myself have laughed at some stupid blasphmous pictures of Jesus because after time people get smarter and more tolerant but these people arn't yet.

bagel head 05-08-2006 06:45 AM

I'm not going to say anything about him, I might get killed.

christabel50 05-08-2006 10:15 AM

It is hard as freedom of speech and racism seriousley colide
==============================
so do helping out third world countrys and stopping pollution (more ppl everyday in china get cars)
Also did u know muslims, christians, jews all have THE SAME GOD
its just what they think of jesus and the other ppl involved (eg mmuhammed, mary) thats different, and the way they celebrate god

Snow 05-08-2006 02:59 PM

Muslims, Jews and Christians have similar gods, but not the same.

You bring up a very good point here pandas.

MeTal CaNdYcaNe 05-08-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilikepandas
Should be be able to depict him? Shouldn't we?

It wasn't every muslim blowing up the trade center. it was the terrorists. Why are all those innocent people held guilty. There is bad in every race. But that doesn't make the whole race bad.

MrNaPaLm32 05-08-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Floyd
Muslims, Jews and Christians have similar gods, but not the same.

You bring up a very good point here pandas.

gods? Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all monotheistic, and all can trace their religions back to one man.

MrNaPaLm32 05-08-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe
It wasn't every muslim blowing up the trade center. it was the terrorists. Why are all those innocent people held guilty. There is bad in every race. But that doesn't make the whole race bad.

1. Muslims arn't a race.
2. no, its defninetly muslim. The terrorists, the people who have bombs on their back etc. are the Wuhabbi sect of Islam(yes, they have sects too). They bellieve in strict interpretation of the Koran. the "jihad" or holy war is being twisted from the koran by the wuhabbi leaders.
3.Since the United States is a major ally of Israel, and the Muslims consider the jews the be the so-called enemy. we are stuck in the middle of the holy-war.

Ilikepandas 05-09-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeTal CaNdYcaNe

yes, but its not every westerner depicting prophet muhammad and bombing iraq etc

gwia 05-09-2006 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christabel50
Also did u know muslims, christians, jews all have THE SAME GOD

No we don't we sorta do but Muslims and Jews both believe that the messaih is yet to come, christians believe that the messaih is Jesus Christ and muslims worship their prophets (Muhammad) they are very VERY different

Ilikepandas 05-09-2006 03:18 AM

Still, Allah and God share some very VERY similar qualities. I say stop the holy war and all be happy that we all worship vaguely the same thing, except some minor differences. But doesn't everyone view their religion differently?
I mean, "God said this and did this!" "No! He did this then said that!"- is it really worth causing another world war? At least we've established a god/ single entity which created everything. If anything people should be fighting Hindus

Snow 05-09-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
gods? Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all monotheistic, and all can trace their religions back to one man.

You misunderstood, read it again.

MeTal CaNdYcaNe 05-09-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

yes, but its not every westerner depicting prophet muhammad and bombing iraq etc

True. I guess it's just partly how you're brought up.

Drunken_Shinobi 05-09-2006 11:02 PM

He should be depicted, the people who are depicting him have their right to entertain others. Also if you're a Muslim who does feel offended by it then you can go ahead and sue the company rather than go get angry and do something violent.

Ilikepandas 05-10-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi
He should be depicted, the people who are depicting him have their right to entertain others. Also if you're a Muslim who does feel offended by it then you can go ahead and sue the company rather than go get angry and do something violent.

But thats not the Muslim way- you turn to western world tv and see people debating, discussing, trying to make agreements. Go to a third world Muslim TV station and you'll see people protesting, bombing, throwing rocks at people. Its a complete culture clash

gwia 05-10-2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi

you really expect them to be calm and take it with gentle grace and a good sense of humour, In Iran, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon etc. they are poor and not very intelligent countries they take everything to heart.

Silver Dragon 05-10-2006 04:06 PM

I dont understand Muslims...
No ducks in an empty bath to look for here, I just dont know anything about that faith,
But......
What is the problem with showing a picture of this Prophet anyway?...
Why do some object?

Heyyou27 05-10-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

My argument
Well, blowing up the world trade centre is kinda offensive to our culture too you know...

The world trade center was not part of your culture.

Alex de Large 05-10-2006 05:26 PM

OP is silly. blowing up a building and drawing a picture is different.

flip it on it's head. if a muslim guy drew a picture of a gay jesus does that the rational thing to do is to blow up a mosque or something?

Ryu-Nacho 05-10-2006 05:29 PM

No...suicide bomb a mosque, maybe, but not just blow it up.

Ilikepandas 05-11-2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyou27
The world trade center was not part of your culture.

MrNaPaLm32 05-11-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

you have a point. But there wasnt a lot of "world trading" going on there.

Ilikepandas 05-12-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
you have a point. But there wasnt a lot of "world trading" going on there.

very true. Its just a name- But I'm grouping countries by the Christian world and the Muslim world, regardless of culture. Most western world nations are part of the Christian world

Alex de Large 05-12-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryu-Nacho
No...suicide bomb a mosque, maybe, but not just blow it up.

thats what i was implying...

Ilikepandas 05-12-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex de Large
OP is silly. blowing up a building and drawing a picture is different.

flip it on it's head. if a muslim guy drew a picture of a gay jesus does that the rational thing to do is to blow up a mosque or something?

exactly! I think the Muslim world needs to grow up