PDA

View Full Version : New To Flash

Scotty
08-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I've decided to play around with flash since a burst of spare time has arised in my life. I'm currently using this site that 00_heaven posted on another thread, http://flashkit.com/tutorials/

Any tips, touritals, screenshots, advice or anything else you could help me with on getting started and covering basics would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Snow
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I've decided to play around with flash since a burst of spare time has arised in my life. I'm currently using this site that 00_heaven posted on another thread, http://flashkit.com/tutorials/

Any tips, touritals, screenshots, advice or anything else you could help me with on getting started and covering basics would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Tip: Don't make sucky flashes or everyone will make fun of you and bash you.

Snow
08-26-2005, 04:40 PM
**deleted**

That was uncalled for.

Led_Zeppelin
08-26-2005, 04:53 PM
**deleted**

Way to spell douche!

And I'm getting banned?

rehabisforquitters
08-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry bout that yall. Wont happen again.

I was already a bit pissed before i saw the thread and decided to take it out on old scotty here.
sry

VooDoo
08-26-2005, 10:39 PM
You just have to show dedication when using this programme it seems like it doesn't has much to offer but you just have to spend a couple of years at it and visit sites who have the same interests and give suggestions and take suggestions and learn. But this programme is a really cool programme to learn cause it just isn't knowledge, it takes skill to pull something unique from it but when you do it's totally worth the effort. i would advise checking these sites out but do research before asking cause when you finally have a question worth asking they'll help ya out. Check these sites out ta wet your beak

[www.flashdevils.com]The devils[/URL] URL=

your better off registering with this before starting trust me. (www.flashkit.com)

ron64
08-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Try this tutorial it really help to make cool stuffs for a starter.

Tutorial (http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/253314)

blackice
08-27-2005, 12:51 AM
HEY, NEXT TIME MAKE SURE I'M SERIOUS.
Hey, next time remember that humor and sarcasm do not translate to internet message boards very well.

Scotty
08-27-2005, 01:40 AM
Tip: Don't make sucky flashes or everyone will make fun of you and bash you.

Hahah yeah, I don't plan to post any on Gprime what i make first and the only time i will post is to take criticism so people can tell me what i can do better. I think my first big thing i'll try when i have the basics done is a stick flash, because it's simple and dosn't need much animation.

Lol no idea what rehab posted but i'm guessing it wasn't nice.

Thankyou ron i have looked at your tourital before. I'll try to pick some things up from it. Although I need something very very basic first. I'm looking more towards animation than dress up games though.

You just have to show dedication when using this programme it seems like it doesn't has much to offer but you just have to spend a couple of years at it and visit sites who have the same interests and give suggestions and take suggestions and learn. But this programme is a really cool programme to learn cause it just isn't knowledge, it takes skill to pull something unique from it but when you do it's totally worth the effort. i would advise checking these sites out but do research before asking cause when you finally have a question worth asking they'll help ya out. Check these sites out ta wet your beak

Thankyou, I'll note those sites now. I'll practice for a few month when i can then i'll update this post with what i've learned.

I've just been looking over this flash site again and the old touritals are not for the most recent flash software. Yet if i start from the most recent flash software touritals then I'll be missing alot of touritals out that I may need? Correct? Anyone have a begginers guide in Flash MX?

VooDoo
08-27-2005, 06:59 AM

Tutorial (http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/253314)

Sorry to point this out but that is the worst tutorial i have ever seen when somebodys talking flash i aint gonna even go into the detail of errors except for this one that aint a masking technique i use them all the time and that aint how ya do one.

Trust me kids don't listen,watch or take in that tutorial it will only make you stupid, but yeah check flashkit out for some starter kits out with flash thats the best but you have to mess about with the controls for a while man if your wanting to just know the feel of the control panels, just experiment and be as creative as you can be thats what it's all about man creativity.

P.s That "Masking" effect "game", it aint a game.

Scotty
08-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I've just been looking over this flash site again and the old touritals are not for the most recent flash software. Yet if i start from the most recent flash software touritals then I'll be missing alot of touritals out that I may need? Correct? Anyone have a begginers guide in Flash MX?

Can anyone help then?

Ilikepandas
08-28-2005, 11:59 PM
What you should do:

Make crappy little cartoons about jelly people to start off with, but DON'T submit them. Three years afterwards when your skills on flash have increased to a decent point, make a cartoon about a circle that flys around saving people from burning houses. Then you will be famous

Scotty
09-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Enlightening....

Ilikepandas
09-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey, It worked with those green, blue and purple toons!

malbosia
09-23-2005, 07:52 PM
try here :
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials.shtml

Gothic_Malevolence
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
VooDoo---how did you make your site? I want to make one... ^_^

VooDoo
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Your taking the piss aint ya, i had problems with my ftp client recently don't go there that ****ing thing wiped all my god damn friggin files off my server and i'm far too busy in college to care about getting anything fixed at the moment what ya gonna do bad **** happens when you don't make back up files, i like pandas and some moderators would probably back my story up since they were checking out my new **** that doesn't seem to exsist now :(

I even losta couple of projects i was working on about 5 of em i spent about a good 5 months on and i only managed to save one project which was a kids game i was making for children, i honestly felt like throwing myself out a window with a noose that had stanley blades glued to the rope, it's the oposite in here the new guys never give the old guys a break.