PDA

View Full Version : What does Bible.com say about Pokemon?

bald muffin
07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
http://www.bible.com/answers/apokemon.html
An hilarious essay written by Bible.com...Well, it's not a video or a game, so I'm not sure if I can submit this.

Just a short paragraph from the essay...:
"The trading aspect of Pokemon is unhealthy for children too. This aspect has become addictive in many children. It is also creating bad feelings among friends. Some of the older children who are more knowledgeable play off the younger and less knowledgeable ones. When a child doesn't get the card they want, they feel bad; when they do get the card they want, they feel superior. This trading game is not fostering good Christian traits in children but rather greed, combativeness, extreme competitiveness and obsessiveness. Some children have been so completely obsessed with the game that's all they want to talk about and do. Family relationships have deteriorated and children no longer talk about themselves or others but rather about when they can make another trade. Some schools in the nation have even banned Pokemon from their schools when trading resulted in kids trading lunches, stealing back packs, and threatening bodily harm for deals gone bad"

edit: O yeah, I'm not trying to offend any Christians. I think this kind of hardcore religion stuff would even amuse some Christians themselves.

gunnanator
07-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Even as the "little foxes" can spoil the entire grape vine L M F A O HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that is hilarious

Ilikepandas
07-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Oh god... some christians are pathetic. (I said SOME- meaning whoever wrote this silly article not you people reading this)

1.) First of all, its name describes what this game is about. Pokemon is short for "Pocket Monsters". When I was growing up, we were taught monsters were evil, not something to play with. When I was a little girl, the "boogie man" or monsters caused us fear and we did not want to be around them. This game makes some of its monsters out as friendly; thus causing children to embrace certain evil spirits as friends instead of resisting them. This is not the only game that does this as there are other games and books that trivialize or glamorize the occult as well. One of the most evil book series that children are reading at this hour are the Harry Potter books. These books are just as dangerous as the Pokemon games. The Harry Potter books have become a best selling series that chronicle the tales of an orphaned boy at a school for wizards. These books deal with the occult in a fantasy way. In the books you will find animal sacrifices, threats of human sacrifices, witchcraft, wizardry and divination as well as other evil things.

then it goes on that because pokemon's japanese it has eastern religion stuff in it which is "not compatable with the christian religion" < what the hell does that mean? You can't pretend other religions are not there :velho:

Kakt
07-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Pokemon = Pure evil.

'nuff said. ;) XD

Puppet
07-18-2005, 08:17 AM
y do crazy christians like this always wanna ruin the fun

Ryu-Nacho
07-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I've read all kinds of things about Pokemon being against Christianity, about Pokemon almost being it's own religion, "promising power to those who can Catch 'em all". As a Christian myself, I can easily say that this is a bunch of bologna. The people who write this stuff are probably hypocritical fundamentalists or somethin.

Ilikepandas
07-19-2005, 04:40 AM
I've read all kinds of things about Pokemon being against Christianity, about Pokemon almost being it's own religion, "promising power to those who can Catch 'em all". As a Christian myself, I can easily say that this is a bunch of bologna. The people who write this stuff are probably hypocritical fundamentalists or somethin.
Its just a franchise of cute animal like things.
EVERYTHINGS evil. Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, Pokemon....

This dragon> :velho:

Charles rules you all!
07-19-2005, 07:02 AM
its just another way adults ruin the fun of every aspect of the game of POKEMON! YEAH!!... but who cares even with all that said they are still around today....so i guess the realized they were stupid or they just gave up on us.

bald muffin
07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Ruin the fun?? I think the article adds to the fun. It's making me WANT to play Pokemon.

Puppet
07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Ruin the fun?? I think the article adds to the fun. It's making me WANT to play Pokemon.
lolz true but if they got their way it would ruin the fun

bald muffin
07-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Heh, then there would be an underground market of Pokemon goods. :smokeing1

Mango
07-24-2005, 02:16 PM
I knew that little yellow mouse praised satan

DeathTrap
07-25-2005, 02:23 AM
I saw somewhere else that Poke'mon cards cause Tourette's and resemble Tarot cards.

Nidoqueen: The Empress
Muk: The Fool
Pikachu: The Devil (this I agree with)

Naota
07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
summary of the cristan religion in 1 sentance.

If its fun or feels good. STOP. :protest:

why are cristians such hippacrits?

Heyyou27
07-25-2005, 08:57 PM

If its fun or feels good. STOP. :protest:

Why can you not spell hypocrite correctly?

treefalse
07-25-2005, 09:46 PM
y do crazy christians like this always wanna ruin the fun
I am a christian and I was obsessed years ago with pokemon. (YEARS AGO I SAY!)

If its fun or feels good. STOP.

I am a christian and I have no problems with harry potter because it supossivly "Uses magic. And all magic comes from saten." I have not read a single book, yet I have watched the first movie on ABC when my perents were asleep. So many people take statistics into solid fact, I get kinda annoyed.

And what do you mean hypacrites? You made up that "one sentince" anyhow.

DeathTrap
07-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Although I do believe Harry Potter is the devil, I have no problems with the books. As long as he gets what's coming to him.

nickychris3
07-26-2005, 06:06 PM
There's a curse on those Harry Potter books.

DeathTrap
07-26-2005, 10:47 PM
There's a curse on those Harry Potter books.

Indeed. Harry Potter and the Curse of the Anticlimax

Ilikepandas
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
I am a christian and I have no problems with harry potter because it supossivly "Uses magic. And all magic comes from saten." I have not read a single book, yet I have watched the first movie on ABC when my perents were asleep. So many people take statistics into solid fact, I get kinda annoyed.

And what do you mean hypacrites? You made up that "one sentince" anyhow.

Heehee. You're a bad person, watching harry potter. Lightning will strike you and the millions of of other innicent children who now enjoy reading. GOD WILL PUNISH THEE!

treefalse
07-29-2005, 12:54 AM
And my sister! :bleh:

Glaiel Gamer
07-29-2005, 06:48 AM
OMG people that article is right pokemon is the source of the devil!
Various other things that are the source of the devil:
Video Games
Kid's Shows
South Park
Books other than the bible
Non-christians
Hippies :hippi:
Being Happy
Hot tamalies
Cheese
Trumpets
Candels
Cigaretts
The Wave
Anything promoting fun
Anything fun
Anything violent
Airplanes
Lightbulbs
Not suffering
Jesus :rm_buddy_
Food that is green
Food that comes from an animal
Food made with water
Soccer

Did i skip something? Yes I did. There's more I left out.

johnnyboldt
07-30-2005, 01:54 AM
It'd be a bad idea to stereotype all christians and assume we all believe poke'mon is bad. Just cause bible.com says it, doesn't mean we all believe it. More importantly, the bible itself doesn't say "thou shalt not play pokemon" so yeah, i wouldn't consider it a sin. Maybe a dumb game to play, but not a sin(i didn't get into the whole anim'e card game fads myself). Careful about stereotypes. Not all muslims want to blow themselves up to kill jews either.

flamingbs
07-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I hate it when people call Christians hypocrites too. We believe certain things are right, and certain things are wrong, but we aren't perfect.

Wouldn't you agree that lying isn't the right thing to do?....But haven't you ever lied before? Hypocrite.

Ilikepandas
07-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah cmon, I mean its just these weird christian hypocrites that distract us from the majority of christian people who are kind, accepting of one another and all round good people. Theres always those people who go too far with their religion... (Islamic terrorists anyone?)

chikins r us
07-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I dont care, pokemon sucks.

flamingbs
07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Haha, well said. :bangin:

viper.gtsr
10-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I agree with ILikePandas, Charles_rules_you_all!, Ryu-nacho, and puppet.
Cristian's Say anything they don't believe is "wrong"or"evil".
I'm sick with those people who say that, they try to ruin everyone else's fun! :(
they try to change people from one religion to another, but back to the point
Pokémon isn't evil.
It's the Cristian's that are trying to make them look evil just because it's fun and it's in right know, also because it's from a different religion and it's Chinese.
I rest my case.

treefalse
10-16-2005, 06:20 PM
There are Christians with different vews, you know.

nickychris3
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
They put us all in the same categeory.... and it sucks. :pissed:

viper.gtsr
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
There are Christians with different views, you know.
I don't say all Cristian's.
Just some!
That's why I don't go to curch.

uber_jedi
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Religion is an opinion, not a category.

TexGasm
11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Just as they believe in evolution and reincarnation, these ideas are manifest in Pokemon. To be specific, one of the typical examples of the dark side of Pokemon is a character named Haunter; an evolved spirit that can hypnotize and has "dream eater" power (powered by the purple Pokemon energy cards which is psychic energy). This power lets him drain the energy from his opponents. Kadabra is another Pokemon character who evolved from Abra. Both characters have demonic powers.
ROFL

Anyways, I'm Christian, even though I dont pray or go to church or anything, I'm obligated to be one (The Bahamas is all Christian >.>). I think those people look too deeply into things like childrens' games and movies. Next, they're gonna say Yoda is an evil imp. -_-

charleym
02-05-2009, 02:27 PM
okay I AM christian and love pokemon, in fact the number 2 fan (almost number 1!) and i must say that pokemon was created not for the devil to brain wash children or create an evil speices of superhumans that will destroy the world with the very serious issue of TRADING!!! (dun, dun, duuun!) lol. but because the creator of pokemon loves bug catching and if evolving is also, pure evil, then so are butterflys coz' if youve notice they are catwerpillers FIRST!
hmm to think of it CATTERPie (catterpiller) KAKUNa (cacoon) BUTTERFree (butterfly) stop being so serious about pokemon, its meant to be FUN, a concept most christians dont get!

Dudeo
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
jesus christ

super necro

Zetex
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Playing Pokemon is like playing God in a way. You're going to hell. All of you.

Nitz
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
jesus christ

super necro

that totally needs to be a musical.

Backflip
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
The bible never said Jesus wasn't a raptor.

Backflip
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM

hahaha

diet poop
02-05-2009, 10:43 PM
CATTERPie (catterpiller) KAKUNa (cacoon) BUTTERFree (butterfly)

You just blew my fucking mind.

Nitz
02-05-2009, 10:50 PM
The topic of this thread reminds me of the scene in Jesus Camp where the crazy preacher bitch starts shouting about how evil Harry Potter is. The horrified look on the kids' faces is priceless, I can just imagine all these little creative connections in their brains being severed.

Backflip
02-05-2009, 11:55 PM
CATTERPie (catterpiller) KAKUNa (cacoon) BUTTERFree (butterfly)
no shit, sherlock.

The topic of this thread reminds me of the scene in Jesus Camp where the crazy preacher bitch starts shouting about how evil Harry Potter is. The horrified look on the kids' faces is priceless, I can just imagine all these little creative connections in their brains being severed.
oh! cool! i wasn't the only one to see jesus camp!

Dudeo
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM

ahahaha

Ryu-Nacho
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
As a Christian myself...
Ahahahaha, good times.

Willy_Wonka
02-07-2009, 12:24 PM
pokemon = pocket monsters

NartFOpc
02-07-2009, 12:46 PM
ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES

Ekans is Snake backwards

When you defeat Brock he gives you the TM for "Bide"
Brock = Barack
Bide = Biden

Willy_Wonka
02-07-2009, 01:13 PM
arbok is kobra backwards

Backflip
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
i'm not gonna raichu a love song.

Willy_Wonka
02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
get ready for fail (http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/wildbunch/221/pjokessection.htm)

Ryu-Nacho
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm in your thread, postin' some Ashley.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/RyuNacho/pokemon_indigo_league_-_026_-_pokem.jpg

MeTal CaNdYcaNe
02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Q: What is the difference between Snorlax and a pillow?
A: One sleeps a lot and the other gets sleeped on a lot!

...wooooow.

NartFOpc
02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Q:Whats the difference between a snorlax and my dad?

A:NOTHING AT ALL IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN THOSE TWO THINGS

Dudeo
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Q: What is the difference between Snorlax and a pillow?
A: One sleeps a lot and the other gets sleeped on a lot!

...wooooow.

"wooooow" is seconded.